Found an interesting interview with Jumpstart's CEO

jellysundae

The Mary Sue Interview: Neopets’ CEO On Their First Mobile Game And Getting Girls Into Gaming

Nice to see an article from someone who actually has experience of the site. A wee bit ironic though, that at the bottom she's encouraging people to add her as a Neofriend and linking to her user look-up, when those are down...xD

I had seen this article before, and it bothers me to see the vague way that Lord talks about Neopian stories and lore in general. All articles on Neopets + JumpStart seem to focus only on Ghoul Catchers, which is really frustrating. It's just a game app, and a very glitchy one right now. I wish I could see interviews/articles talking about the layoff, the future of the site etc.

Yeah, I guess it's understandable that right now they're gonna try and focus any publicity on Ghoul Catchers, but at least this interview wasn't only about that. It will be very interesting to see what the next plot is, though I imagine it could well have all been done already by TNT, there's bound to be a fair amount of TNT work waiting in the wings. We're not really going to know (unless it's seriously obvious because of how different it is) when content is from the new team.

Saying that, Illusen's cake...it a slightly different art style, isn't it. A bit more naturalistic.

It's not the best age, is it. I think mainly because of arrogance? Kind of hard to not let your skill go to your head at that age. ^^;; She might be great, but I suspect she might think she's a whole lot greater than she actually is. I really hope not though, because I don't like thinking badly of programmers in that way.

Saw the article a few days ago and I think it servers its purpose, but the Ghoul Catchers press tour has basically had Lord saying the same stuff on repeat.

Young game developers are common, so that doesn't bother me at all. Any schmo can pick up a book at 12 years old and learn, so I think while this is likely her first "major" project, she has more under her belt than we assume. Plus, I think she has a great gasp on what we want and look forward to, not only as Neopian players but female gamers.

Neopets looks to have a promising future imo.