Yay for figuring it out! Yay for going home tomorrow!

coryldork

I felt the need to share this with people I don't really know. For the past 7.5 years, I've been trying to figure out what my gender is. This started way before I even knew there was anything called transgender, or genderfluid, or anything other than cisgender. I distinctly remember fighting with my mother, since people bullied me at school by calling me a boy, and I yelled at her, "What if I am a boy?" She said, "You're not. I changed your diapers."

Over the past two years, I've been slowly researching gender identity more and more, and only today did I really figure out what bigender was and ohhhhhhhhhh my goooooooodness. The relief. The validation. The fact that what I feel is something other people feel. I'm so relieved. (she/him, if you're wondering; no preference! either of them work!)

And! Additional yay! I get to go home to my dad's house tomorrow. I'm currently away for university, and I'm seeing him, my little brother, and my pet bunny for the Easter weekend. Gah! Today has been a good day! I'll be back in my university town on April 6, but still, having 5 days away from my horrible room mates and finding a gender identity that I can--wait for it--identify with have made me very happy today.

:thumbsup: :happydance:

That's awesome! I'm sure your family and friends will do their best to accept and love you in any way they can if you ever come out to them.

After about 12 years of that weird feeling "I feel like neither boy nor girl nor anything. What the heck am I?" I was so relieved and happy to find a term for what I identify as. I came out to a few of my friends a couple years ago as agender and oh boy not a single negative comment was received. They are being as supportive as they can and even my boyfriend is completely chill with it. They don't treat me like I'm some foreign thing like I thought they would. They respect me. They treat me just how I should be treated, like a normal person. I'm sort of out as agender at school and I haven't gotten any trouble with people, which is surprising because I live in a very prejudice part of the United States.

Hopefully things will go just as smooth for you. c:

Well, I'm not out to my family because they're not the kind of people who would accept it, let alone understand it. (I've had very minimal contact with my mother after my parent divorced, thankfully; she was not a good person.) My friends are all super super supportive, though, and especially my boyfriend. I'm glad to have them.

Thanks everyone!

Congratulations!!! Being able to find something that fits is an amazing feeling. It's sort of like walking around in shoes that are just a little bit too tiny. They're still okay, they just feel off. Then you find shoes that fit you perfectly, and suddenly everything is perfect.

I'm happy that you have friends who support you, even though your family might not.