I miss Keyquest...

lovedwallflower

I used to make loads of np from the codestones and the lab maps it gave out. Without premium, it was definitley my main source of income. I'm into the flash games and I liked the idea of interacting with other players (even if in a very limited way).

Do you know if there are any plans to bring it back? Do you want it back? Perhaps they could turn into an app and it would be mobile based, along with Ghoul Catchers?

I miss it toooooo! I have to use all my willpower not to whine about missing it in all my posts. Last that they told us, they're still bringing it back, and I hope that's true. Not only did I earn so much money that way, I made friends, and even with the horrible lag problems that came with playing, I enjoyed it!

I really am kind of opposed to it becoming a mobile game, but that's just my opinion. I dislike change and would like the previous experience back. Also, that would really stink for all the people that put so much money into tokens, because I don't think you would be getting a similar return if it was a mobile game.

I miss it too, not for the codestones, because I don't sell them, but it was fun even with all the troubles. I wish the along with Key Quest, TNT brings new tokens. I wouldn't like an app, I'm not a mobile phone person... and now that you bring it... Instead of creating that game... they could have focused on fixing Key Quest...

You know, KQ could make a good app! I hope they go in that direction. It would make playing it far less tedious if it were in your hand and you don't have to keep clicking it xD Tying in the prizes to your Neo account would be great, too. I do miss it - I play for the neggs. It made Armoured Neggs so much easier and cheaper to acquire.

:( I miss KQ as well. I loved playing it and chatting with the people on the board. (Although now it's only has people making boards about how they miss it, or saying they should get refunds and then yelling at the people who disagree with them.)

I miss Key Quest so much! It's good to know there are other that share my pain. It's kind of sad that it's not their priority, obviously you have to sort out the lag before a big game like KQ but if it was one of thir first ports of call mot of us would have a distraction while they worked on everything else.

• 2 weeks later...

How long has Keyquest been down? I didn't notice for a while cause I sorta fell out of playing Neopets for a long time. But, I remember I used to play it and I rather enjoyed it. I was disappointed when I discovered it no longer worked.

• 2 weeks later...

You know, KQ could make a good app! I hope they go in that direction. It would make playing it far less tedious if it were in your hand and you don't have to keep clicking it xD Tying in the prizes to your Neo account would be great, too. I do miss it - I play for the neggs. It made Armoured Neggs so much easier and cheaper to acquire.

You know, I was wondering why it seemed like I used to be able to afford Armoured Neggs much better!

I miss KQ, too. Like others, I played for the neggs and codestones, but I usually enjoyed the game, too. I hope it comes back soon. But honestly, there are other things I would rather see come back first. I've been anxious to have the high score resets and the Caption Contest come back.

Oh my goodness. I want it back too, but chances are it will be back since so many people love it and complain about it being gone.

I also miss it! Hopefully it comes back, and hopefully when it comes back, the lag will be improved--though at this rate, I can't be too hopeful. I used to join up with friends and play to the max NP. Guild-run KQ tournaments were super fun too.

Oh my goodness. I want it back too, but chances are it will be back since so many people love it and complain about it being gone.

I'm not sure I agree with that logic. You could say the same about Habitarium: so many people love it and complain about it being gone. I think the difference is TNT told us Habi won't be back but they told us KQ will.

I think it's a matter of time. I believe it will be back like TNT said but it might not be for a few months (years).

I think it's a matter of time. I believe it will be back like TNT said but it might not be for a few months (years).

I'm not sure why it has to take it that long, though I agree that it probably will. The game worked well enough before Jumpstart imo.

We have the same problem with DoN and before that with the Pound. Why does it have to take years?

I'm not sure I agree with that logic. You could say the same about Habitarium: so many people love it and complain about it being gone. I think the difference is TNT told us Habi won't be back but they told us KQ will.

The difference is actually that Neopets took Key Quest down because the transition may have broken it and they're fixing it (if course it isn't a priority), and they took Habitarium down because the new servers couldn't handle it and they maaaay have lost the rights to it altogether. I'm not 100% sure on the rights though.

Edit: ^ Okay that seemed ruder than I intended. I didn't mean it to sound like that but I don't know how to reword it =P I just meant that Key Quest has the potential of coming back, but Habitarium does not.

Neopets took Key Quest down because the transition may have broken it and they're fixing it (if course it isn't a priority),

Doesn't sound rude at all :) I wasn't aware that the transition caused it to break down (not a techie at all). I assumed that they took it down because it the less stuff you have to transition the smoother it goes.

In any case, the transition seems(?) over now. Is the damage that bad that it takes months to fix? I know I'm probably in the minority here, but If it's a question of resources I'd rather miss out on AC than KQ.

Well, after the transition took place, they actually let go a lot of TNT to be replaced with a fewer number of Jumpstart employees. So the Jumpstart employees are trying to figure the site out, making KQ became even less of a priority.

I never really got to play Key Quest much.  It seems that whenever I would get on to play, there was no one around to start a game with, and when there was, the site would time out.  I hope they do bring it back though.  They need more things to make the site interesting.  Doing dailys and playing the games just isn't that much fun.  We need a plot.  At least Altador Cup is starting soon.

• 2 weeks later...

KQ was my absolute favorite way to make nps! I think they should make it a priority again as a lot of players regularly played KQ (including me) and it could possibly bring some old players back who quit/took a break after the transition.

I never got a chance to even play it! I quit neopets for a while, life just kept me really busy. Then, I get out of university and have time to play again, and it's not working. :( I'd seen the new fairy and that's honestly everything I knew about it. That and, the tokens looked like real things you can buy, like the little standees from the old games they used to sell. I still have that little Shoyru.

How long has Keyquest been down? I didn't notice for a while cause I sorta fell out of playing Neopets for a long time. But, I remember I used to play it and I rather enjoyed it. I was disappointed when I discovered it no longer worked. 

It's been down for pretty much 9 months now... Can't believe it's not been fixed, it was supposed to be down "a week or so" after the transition!

I enjoyed playing it; I hope it returns soon and hopefully it may get more players back/fixing the economy... Plus it was my main source of income!

• 4 weeks later...

Me too :(

I usually lost though, because the mini-games were soooo slow and my pc kept lagging because of them.. But I loved the neggs and codestones, I could sell for +/- 100k a day! I'm quite happy with the Ghoul Catchers earnings but it's so annoying to play, it's always the same thing. KQ was fun.