Anyone getting slightly bored or tired of Neopets?

Maybe it's just me, but certain things on Neopets are starting to annoy me...

-"Shockwave Flash has crashed" error when I'm trying to customize my pets.

-Getting somewhat bored playing same level in Ghoul Catchers over and over again

- Ghoul Catchers glitches (suddenly shutting down, freezing when loading)

-Hassles of trying to sell certain items (like a Tyrannian Morphing Potion)

-Looking through pound surfs, finding a pet that I like, but finding it's already been adopted

-Getting only 400-600 NP for playing certain games

-Failing at Food Club bets (I've only tried about twice with this feature, but still annoying)

:sad01_anim:

Sorry if this was the wrong place to post. I just wanted to get something out.

Neopets to me has it's ups and downs, but I guess since I became interested much later on in life and I'm a fan of Sonic and other anthro-animal characters and games that it's a branch of my enjoyment of cartoon/animated animals.

But I CAN understand your frustration and boredom. Jumpstart doesn't really know what to do with Neopets and that is likely part of the equation, the other half is they got rid likely a huge chunk of the TNT team who made Neopets out of their blood, sweat, tears, hopes, dreams, nightmares, time and asparagus.

iam super bored of neopets the only thing ive been doing latley is collecting bank intrest... other than that i just come on here to see what happening... i hate that they dont update the news feed when you sign on to neopets.. i mean it still says its chomby day...

the items in the neg hunt kind of sucked i mean the overall prize was an avatar which is cool but other years they gave options of prizes you could choose at the end and i just kept getting the same prizes when i choose a negg it was annoying...

idk i agree with you neopets has once again gotten boring for me... i doubt ill be playing for much longer...although i aalways come back eventually

I don't think things get boring just because they don't go my way.

While there isn't much to do activity wise, I still set personal goals to try and achieve.

i hate that they dont update the news feed when you sign on to neopets.. i mean it still says its chomby day...

Are you sure you're looking at the right place because it certainly has updated every single day. In fact, they have gotten better at releasing news at a more reasonable time.

Oh sure, lots of times. But I came back, mainly in the past to check with my guild and the friends there. See how they were doing and all. Sometimes I'd be back at the time of an event. And I'd try to be active during December, for the Advent Calendar.

I totally understand playing the same handful of games over and over, and I really dislike the wiiiiiiiiide-shifting score to pay-out ratios that sometimes come up that SO reduce the NP we gamers can earn. I really don't have any restocking ability, so games, battling and plots and some luck are pretty much it for my NP-earning. And some of those games aren't even working right now. -_-

But there are other parts of the site to explore. IF you DO decide on taking a hiatus from Neo, make sure you can remember or write down IRL your password. So that you can return. A friend of mine recently couldn't remember her password, and the e-mail linked to her account is not active anymore. So, yeah. She was rarely on anyway, but still did log in now and then to check her pets.

I haven't taken a hiatus since I joined TDN-Forums. So I just limit my time on Neopets sometimes, unless there's something I'm doing for the TDN Battlepedia. But it seems like TNT has been busy with fixing the site, so there hasn't been much in the way of new content for battlers. But mainly, I log into Neopets to maybe do a couple of games, or spin a couple of the wheels when their wait-time between spinnings has finished. Of course there's battling. So yeah, things to do, but nothing too major right now.

I'm sure TNT is rushing to fix things, because if this persists too long, they know they could lose customers, us, if too many services are unavailable. I actually feel bad for them, because of all the trouble that's going on. I'm looking forward to whenever they can finally get things back in shape.

I don't think things get boring just because they don't go my way.

While there isn't much to do activity wise, I still set personal goals to try and achieve.

Are you sure you're looking at the right place because it certainly has updated every single day. In fact, they have gotten better at releasing news at a more reasonable time.

when i look at the news feed it shows all the updates but when u first log on to neopets it brings you to their main page where it shows a quick news up date like what event is going on, if its a pet day ect. mine still shows that its chomby day. before that used to be updated all the time!!! but now i find it takes the new owners longer to update it... i hope you understand what part im talking aboout haha

Really depends for me. I just hopped back along the other day after having not played for a month. I wanted to at least grab my April Monthly freebies. Now I'm back to playing every day.

I get pretty annoyed when I'm playing almost every day and I get almost nothing from the dailies and no RE's at all for weeks. I usually come back for a few months after quitting and get into the games and stuff again.

For me, I quit playing every once in a while. My current account is years old, but my first account is like 10 years old I think. I made sure to keep track of this one because I play it on and off. It gets fun for me again. Now that I'm older, I love getting involved in different ways of making np like the stock market, shopping, auctions, etc. Its fun to get more involved in the business side of neopets.

I'm tired because i had to create a new account and starting all over in the modern neopets age isn't that funy or exciting....plus with the future being uncertain due to jumpstart's history(what history do they have outside of the 90's?)it's really difficult for me to justify spending much time on neopets these days

I'm tired because i had to create a new account and starting all over in the modern neopets age isn't that funy or exciting....plus with the future being uncertain due to jumpstart's history(what history do they have outside of the 90's?)it's really difficult for me to justify spending much time on neopets these days

Aw, I'm sorry about that Sophie.

Everyone else, I really appreciate your honesty. Keep it up!

Yes and no. I go back forth between being on all the time, to almost never on. I do love the Altador Cup however, and I'm active a lot during that time. I also love NC so I check every other day for new items and such :P Wish they would have a plot though :( The most excited I've been about neo was back when they had the Faerie Ruins plot...that feels like a LONG time ago

• 1 month later...

I was actually realizing that yeah, they've been fixing stuff slowly but the fact that they put Dice-a-Roo back, the meteor and Ghoul Catchers kind of keep me on the website. I've just been too busy to be fulltime there haha xD

Over the past year I've been pretty absent but now that it's summer again I have loads of time to waste!

Last night I also made the most impulse decision to get a year of Premium, reasoning that "it's like 1 shift! Not a big deal!" So now if I take a break it'll feel like it's wasting money nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg

It was a heck of a lot more fun when I started playing (15 years ago, ack!). I enjoyed it up until about 5 years ago, and took a hiatus since our internet was soooo sloowww. Now that I'm back I really just do dailies and play the odd game to put off doing housework while the kids nap :P