If You Could Improve Anything About the Site

Guest Tahalika

Guest Tahalika

Simple question that has me curious. If you had the capability of improving whatever you wished to on the site, what would be some things you'd change?

For me, I'd update all the older flash games so they can have better graphics and a mute button, fixing controls with some of the lankier games and make sure it gets beta tested enough before release to ensure no major glitches and that each level is playable.

Another would be to update old art (Sans some of the particularly great ones, of course, haha,) so that they'd be more up to snuff with the current design most items in a game has.

A big one I'd add is the ability to know what book your active pets have read before you buy it/read it to them/look at their stats. Like you see it in a store or invy or something and notice the book they've read are highlighted. That would really help with people who want to boost intelligence to their pets as much as possible.

Another one would be to fix the dang Vandagyre smaller image thing on user lookups and active pet things. It's so blurry compared to other pets, it's frustrating. Another would be to make the Vandagyre a LOT bigger than it currently is in Neohomes, it's so teeny I can't see. I guess it'd be good to also make all old wearables available to the pet as well, but that one seems rather monolithic of an endeavor. But hey, if I could improve anything, that would be up there. Or if not that, at least make items that aren't wearable to Vandagyres be highlighted in red if a Vandagyre is your active pet.

I would like to improve some of the older neopet colors that didn't get that great of a design. Like the Faerie and Woodland Aisha, or the Rainbow Xweetok. The ones that didn't get too positive of reception, so they'd look better and more refined.

God I could go on forever with what I would like to improve, but I think I've blabbered enough. What about you guys? What things would you like to fix up on the site if you were able to do it yourself/had to knowledge and time to do so?

I just want the broken stuff fixed: lag, trophy resets, Lenny Conundrum, Caption Contest, Keyquest (including all the broken stuff in-game that made it unplayable for the last few years before they took it down), gallery sorting/removal, etc. And the interactive content restored (e.g., NT). And a new plot (or even just a puzzle-type mini-event). Something to get us interacting with one another.

• 2 weeks later...

For me, it's fix older games that refuse to run for most players. (HATPC, Gourmet Bowls, etc.)

And honestly, I'm not a fan of the new Neopet's poses. I wanted to get a Lutari, but they just don't look appealing to me anymore. Before, it looked like they had grace and they had personality, now they all have that same pose that makes them look a little weird to me; I know it's because of the NC mall, so they can hold items, but... I never liked the NC mall, either. xD

Yeah, I don't really like the new Lutari pose either. I've wanted them for years, so I got one anyway.

But I have to admit that are a lot less appealing to me than they used to be.

What I would definitely fix is the restoration of the Habitarium. I loved that game SO MUCH, and I really miss it.

• 1 month later...

I would like the option of choosing whether we want our pets to be converted or unconverted. Some of the pets just look better the other way...

Also a big plot/war, something new. We need new content.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a really simple fix, though it's not actually something on the site per se... Honestly, I think they need to work on their advertising! If they advertise better with well placed ads (like I've always said, during a show like Adventure Time when people of all ages are watching!) then they could draw in a lot of new customers. New customers means more players means more money going into the site, which in turn should ultimately solve all the other problems the site currently has.

There's so much I would change if I could.

First thing for me is to bring back all the competitions like Lenny Conundrum and Random Contest. Next in the list would be to fix all (or as much as possible) the known bugs in games and renew some of them (mainly shockwave ones). Then bring all-new Key Quest and Habi. All this is for the site to actually be functional, once that's done I guess people playing wont be so frustrated with the site and will be less inclined to go on hiatus and more inclined on buying premium (or spending money otherwise).

The second change I would do is to implement MAJOR item sinks. Today we have some item sinks but they aren't nearly enough to balance the economy. The fact that Neopets doesnt demand any resources from the players creates a strange economy where most itens are useless and therefore worthless and for me this is completly wrong. This would be a very complex change and I'm not sure about the most efficient ways to do it, but I believe the difference could be unbelievable.

After that I guess it's just taking good care of the game and the players and live happy ever after. :)

• 4 weeks later...

They desperately need to revamp their security system. You should be required to enter your birthday while signing in to make it much harder for hackers.

They desperately need to revamp their security system. You should be required to enter your birthday while signing in to make it much harder for hackers.

That is a feature and you can enable it under under user preferences. It works as well. I was traveling out of province, with the destination of a different country and it asked me to provide my birthday every time.

Moreover, hackers do not get your password 99% of the time.

That is a feature and you can enable it under under user preferences. It works as well. I was traveling out of province, with the destination of a different country and it asked me to provide my birthday every time.

Moreover, hackers do not get your password 99% of the time.

It even works when you're on a different network. If I connect to my phone's network and go on Neopets it'll ask me for my birthday. It's a great extra security feature to add to your account settings. So it'll pop up and ask for your birthday whenever you try to login from a different location. :)

Revamp (or delete) the NeoBoards, give Nova Defender an option for better controls (Move with arrow keys and aim with mouse), try and deflate some of the ridiculously expensive items (I'm looking at you Transmogrification Potions), generally improve the economy (If that's even possible), and focus a lot on customising for Vandagyres, I know they're new, but they really don't have a lot of love so far.

Also make some of the mutant pet's look cooler, namely Xweetok, Jetsam, Meerca, Actually... Just make them all look cooler, we need all the mutants on Acara/Poogle level of awesome.

Oh yeah. And finally fix the Lenny Conundrum and the Almost Abandoned Attic.

I would want rarer neopets (such as Koi, Draik, Krawk, etc..) to be easier to obtain. I know that their rarity is part of the fun, but it would be nice to have a chance. I played in the past for quite awhile and I NEVER saw any Krawk petpets or any Draik Eggs. 

Although there are Koi morphing potions.. I just feel that it should be a default pet that you can adopt right off the bat.. but hey, I suppose the effort obtaining them in the end is a thrill all in itself~!

I would want rarer neopets (such as Koi, Draik, Krawk, etc..) to be easier to obtain. I know that their rarity is part of the fun, but it would be nice to have a chance. I played in the past for quite awhile and I NEVER saw any Krawk petpets or any Draik Eggs. 

Although there are Koi morphing potions.. I just feel that it should be a default pet that you can adopt right off the bat.. but hey, I suppose the effort obtaining them in the end is a thrill all in itself~!

Also remember that on their assigned "pet day" you can adopt them in the "Create A Neopet" screen.

• 4 months later...

Repair all the broken or disccontined games like Lenny Conundrum and Random Contest and also Fix AAA...

But my number one biggest fix would be the community features. Fix being able to see neofriends on. Severely lessen the strict policies on what we can't say(most Neopets players are adults, if not basically all) and just update the boards in general.

I think they need to fix things that are majorly broken before they come out with new stuff (I'm looking at you KQ). I think more sitewide contests/events would be fun, and a great way to involve the whole community. Another game that I play that is somewhat similar does sitewide events often, and they're so much fun. Then again, that site is MUCH smaller, so idk if it would work as well on such a big website...

• 3 weeks later...

Customer service, hands down. It shouldn't be taking months for people to receive NC they paid for, or premium perks they paid for. People are losing faith in the site because their help issues are being ignored, so they're afraid to spend money on it. I've done Stocking Stufftacular every year since it began, but didn't this year because of all the NC payment problems. I was afraid to buy NC in case the system took my money and I couldn't get the NC until the event was already over (like what happened with Haunted Hijinks for many people). No money= no resources to fix the other parts of the site, so they at least need to make sure tickets regarding paying features are getting answered in a timely manner. 

Additionally, the password reset feature really needs to be fixed. They could cut down on a huge number of tickets being sent in (that someone in turn has to go through and reply to) if they would fix the password reset page and users could access their accounts without needing to send in a ticket.