Unnecessarily Rude Trade Behaviours

kandygrrl

So, one of my friends needs Magic Goop to cure their Hissi

and the ask for was 12k np, but then she offered a Wicked Negg and 11,000np

this person rejects the offer AND blocks them for not giving enough

I think this is unnecessarily rude, but that's how some people are, and they lose business that way.

So, has anyone experienced someone being like this

Update:

Good news, my friend went to the healing springs, their Hissi was healed.

i hate when people are like, i havent gotten any one extreamly rude yet but ive had a few ppl that seemed to be cranky lol ... dont think ive ever been blocked yet though.... usually if i feel some one will be offended by an offer i neomail them my offer first and try to bargain.

I think it's ridiculous when people act like that, there's no reason to block someone just because you don't think they offered enough in a trade. If its on the trading post people are likely going to make offers, you want a set price put it in your shop >>

I completely agree with that. Nicely said. I have had a few negative encounters with traders, but nothing too horrific. I'm sorry for your experience. I love my Hissi :D

Unfortunately, there are rude people on the internet. Sad. But luckily, there are still enough people on this site that the one person blocking your friend isn't going to keep them from ever being traded with again. Look at it this way; when someone unnecessarily rude blocks YOU, that saves YOU the trouble of ever having to deal with them ^_^

I find it completely rude. Among many things with the TP. I ALWAYS, when inquiring about a price, or an offer, thank the person who has the item for their time, in advance. And even then I get ignored at times. I am SO glad that your friend got a FREE healing for the Hissi at the Healing Springs! That's 99.9% of what I do if my pet gets sick. Or, there's always the Healing water faerie on the Wheel of Knowledge. Though spinning only once a day makes that a challenge. ;)

There really should be a sticky thread somewhere on trading etiquette! Because you do run into some rude ones out there.

One thing that really gets me, is that if you've got a rare item, and say nothing in your wishlist, or say "what it's worth". I'm sorry, but you're GOING to have people asking about price ranges and offers that will vary greatly, because even fansites don't have the up-to-the-minute values. And even then, the seller may have a completely different view on the price they want. People who don't reply to offers, even when they are of a high enough value, but not what they want in items, and thus they refuse to reply. Is also rude. Also, this is the TRADING POST, which means items are intended to be involved, AS IS HAGGLING. Items and Pure!

Meh, I've had a number of trade dealings with rude people over the years. Don't mind me, I'm just a bit annoyed hearing about your friend's story kandygrrl. ;) Makes me wonder what the heck is wrong with some people. You will find some incredibly helpful, nice, and/or normal people on the TP too. Even if their asking price is a bit higher than you can justify spending and a trade doesn't happen, it can STILL be a decent experience. ;) Just be polite and fair in your dealings, and you'll never be the "rude" one. LOL

Sure it was unnecessary. I wouldnt do it but its their item they had a price and its their option.

Still that Negg would have fetched them more. It is just sad they ignored that factor. However, you are right that it was their option, but it still was quite rude, I mean my friend could have made a better offer like 13000 np and the Wicked Negg. *shrugs* but hey, the trader lost out to a faerie who healed the hissi for nada, zilch, zip.

I have never had an experience with someone that rude before. They could have just declined, but blocking someone for not having enough? I always put exactly what I want for the item, but I'm always fair in that I'm willing to haggle if someone doesn't have exactly enough. I also try to keep the item as low or lower than the cheapest price on TP so more people might be able to get the item. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's experience with the Trading post, but I'm glad her hissi was healed, since I have a hissi as well.

Unfortunately, there are rude people on the internet. Sad. But luckily, there are still enough people on this site that the one person blocking your friend isn't going to keep them from ever being traded with again. Look at it this way; when someone unnecessarily rude blocks YOU, that saves YOU the trouble of ever having to deal with them ^_^

Well said! Rude sellers should be put on a trading post ban. That will teach them to respect other players and the game.