I Can't Take It Anymore

Guest VioletFlare

Guest VioletFlare

I hate myself right now. School's too stressful, all my classmates are morons, my parents act like they don't care about me anymore, and my brother's nothing but the supreme overlord of jerks. Even Neopets doesn't seem like any fun now. I'm in a second-floor bedroom with a window nearby, and, uh, to quote Squidward in this one episode of SpongeBob, "I wonder if a fall from this height could be enough to kill me."

I just really need support right now because my family won't listen. I'm sorry if I'm venting too much. I haven't done this before, and I'm always too embarrassed and upset to do it. I'm seriously crying right now just typing this out...

You're really an awesome person if you read this through, and I'm sorry to dump my sadness on you guys. I just couldn't go anywhere else... :sad02:

Here, have a big hug from Canada!

Life is up and down and that's for all of us. Remember to take time for yourself and to do things that you enjoy. You need to find a balance and to let go some pressure. School can be a problem if you are setting high expectations for yourself. As for family, you can be the one who suggest that you spend more time together - as a family. For instance, taking meal together is a great occasion to talk about your day and what is stressing you.

Things might be rough right now, but I'm sure you are a wonderful and amazing person. Take good care of yourself and feel free to send me a PM if you need someone to talk to.

Trust me when I say that it gets better. My high school situation sounded exactly like that and my family life wasn't any better. Honestly what helped me was getting away from it all. I moved away from college where those

If you need to talk, you can always send me a message. Or if you want to exchange some other contact information. I know you don't really know me from Adam Winchester, but I'm a good listener. We can talk about life, family, friends, or Supernatural. :D

Hang in there!

I know what it feels like when there's nothing in life to keep you moving forward. I went through that phase for a couple of years.

So, as having experienced that myself, I can tell you: it gets better. I know it's so frustrating when people tell you that, because you're in a place so bad and dark that it seems like a bottomless pit you're falling into and you've already lost the light on the top. So, it's hard to see the end of it, and it's specially hard to see a good end to this. But there is.

Life will get better. Find things that you like to do, watch things that make you feel good, listen to good music, talk to someone you trust. And try to reconnect with your family. I know most of these things seems like nonsense, but they help. But, most important of it all: seek help. I mean, professional help. There's no shame on doing so.

But don't expect a psychologist will tell you the answer to all your problems, or to tell you what to do. Therapy will do better: it will help you to really know yourself, and will help you to find the answers you've been looking for. It will help you find the way out.

And I guarantee: there is a beautiful world to be discovered out there. Life may be hard, and have walls that sometimes seem too tall and hard to go up, or sometimes too dark and deep of a tunnel to go through. But the view after you overcome those obstacles is breathtaking. And it gets even better: you will realize you are an amazingly strong person. You will find out that you are important and that you matter, and the world, the gigantic net that connect everyone's life will be incomplete without you.

You have power inside of you. You have the power to change lives, you have the power to fight and you have the power to do anything if you set you mind to it.

I don't know if you are a religious, or even a spiritual person, but I am, and I will tell you what I believe in. I believe that someone already died. I believe that someone loves you so much that they came, and they died in your place, because they loves you more than they loved life itself. And I believe that someone loves you so much that they conquered death for you, so you can never die, if you believe in them. I believe that He sees what you are going through and all that He wants is that you ask for help. I believe that He so desperately wants to help you, and He wants to carry away all your pain and sorrow. He wants so desperately your heart, so He can live in it, and give you joy in a way that you have never felt it. His name is Jesus, and He is amazing. If you get to know Him, you life will be forever changed, and you will never be the same. And I believe that all this that you are feeling will be gone, and you will trully be happy.

I know many people here won't agree with me, and will even dislike me for saying these things, and will say that I have no business saying these things to you, because I'm trying to manipulate you saying unrealistic things. I assure that is not my intention. I'm only saying what I believe in, and if it helps you, than I think it's valid.

And, another thing: I don't know if you know this, or if you even care about the real lives of the Supernatural actors, but as of March Jared Padalecki has been campaigning of facebook.

His campaign is called "Always Keep Fighting", and its objective is to urge people struggling with depression, self harm, suicidal thoughts and other mental illnesses to keep fighting for their lives, because they are worth living. I don't know if you are there yet, but you might be if you don't start fighting it beginning yesterday.

There are people who care about you. There are people who love you. So follow our idol's advice and join us to Always Keep Fighting.

PM me if you ever need to talk, if you want. I'll be here for you and help you through it.

Everyone here has already given such excellent advice, the only thing I can add, and this is something I used to get through plenty of "rotten" times, "As long as there's life there's hope." Which while obvious, is quite true. As long as you live, and can wake up in the morning, there is always the possibility that something better will happen in your life. Parents, can be a pain, especially if THEY have some sort of problem, personality-wise. ;) Kids in school, well there will always be SOME that are morons. Siblings too for that matter. Just, stay strong in your own right, just recognize that THEY, I mainly mean the people you refer to as "morons" at school, are the ones with the problems. And hey, who knows, you might start feeling some sympathy for the poor idiots because of whatever might have turned them into morons. ;) Or maybe that's just me? lol When you're comfortable with yourself, you can certainly afford to do that. Oh sure some stuff being said might tick you off, but that's normal, and getting ticked off is something that happens to a LOT of teens. ;) Just think though, in (insert number of years here) years, you'll be out looking into colleges or whatever you want to do to continue your life/ambitions, and moving toward those goals. With FEWER morons!

Also, in my view, it's ok to think of things like that quote of Squidward's. It's something anyone who feels really bad or down could think of, but doing something drastic like that? Yeah, you don't want to go there. As for falling people who fail at skydiving, SOME HAVE survived, so you'd probably only bust a leg or two, could become permanently paralyzed, etc. Then you'd be even worse off than now. ;)

Just remember what I said, "As long as there's life there's hope." Trust me, I lost 2 friends/classmates in high school who couldn't take whatever was bothering them. It's actually quite selfish, because they stop thinking, or don't think, that anyone will miss them. Trust me, your friends, even the morons, and of COURSE ALL of your family, would miss you. They'd feel gutted like a fish if you did anything drastic like that. They would never forgive themselves and yeah.. You don't wanna go there. Nobody really knows what happens to suicides anyway. Movies are interesting in that way. Beatlejuice, Or better yet, a Robin Williams movie, What Dreams May Come. Any movie has people who do something drastic, not finding happiness, but more misery afterward. I'm not versed well enough in Religious texts to say what the religions have to say, but I'd wager they aren't good either.

Anyway, I can't stress how much it's IMPORTANT to talk to someone if you ever contemplate going there. There are crisis hotlines, and you can ALWAYS talk to the school counselor, or someone you trust. My class lost it's first our Freshman year, our 2nd in our Senior year. Trust me, as long as there's life, things CAN improve. Frankly, I'm still waiting for my life to improve, but being active and LOOKING for ways for it to improve is KEY too. Life can improve, but you have a better chance if you don't wait, but venture out and seek the improvements. Be proactive! And be a good person to others, even if they aren't so great to you. I'm not saying "be a doormat" LOL Of course not, but be confident in yourself. That will shine through and impress some people, maybe even the RIGHT person or people, to land you a good job, or a chance to go to a school you want to, or even a special person. ;) You never know unless you live and try!

Teenage years suck. What you're going through, I went through too. Though, one person's situation is never the same as another. All I can say is that what got me through was the fact that I knew there was something better out there after high school and I had to give myself the chance to see it.

I know it's really tempting to do something harmful to yourself even if that means it's a "better solution" than actually ending your life, but please don't. Your life means so much. You could quite possibly be the first female president of U.S (if you're from the U.S, Hillary Clinton doesn't get voted in for 2016, and no other female wins after her), or you could cure cancer. I don't know exactly what kind of woman you'll grow up to be, but if you choose yourself, I know for a fact you'll be stronger, braver, and you'll touch people's lives positively in ways you can never imagine.

Perspective can only happen when enough time has passed, and you'll get that two to ten years from now. Give yourself and the future woman you'll be a chance to prove to yourself that your life is worth it.

And if you ever need to vent, you can do it here. I'm not having much fun on neopets either. ;)

It's times like this I wish I could send tea through the screen (I'm British, it's our someone-is-upset response, have a cuppa). So I'm sending virtual tea and many, many hugs.

I can completely understand how some days, that second floor window is very tempting but I know you're stronger than that. You've been brave enough to post this thread <3.

Keep trying to get through to your family, if talking doesn't help then would they read a letter? Would it be better at another time or day, or maybe you have a trusted friend or teacher who could be a go-between. Sometimes the reason parents don't take things seriously is its hard for them to look at you and not see a baby, even if you're a teen or adult (my 46year old brother still gets his crusts cut off when he goes round for tea).

If not? If they honestly don't care then Screw them. If your family doesn't care it just means there's another group out there waiting for you, after 23 years of naff I found my real family among my friends. Your spouse, bffs or simple army of turtle-mounted laser squirrels are waiting for you.

Overall, I know that often when people say 'I know how you feel' it's just a reflex, but trust me, some of us have been there, in the position you're in. You can keep going, don't be ashamed to vent, rant or cry if it's what keeps you getting out of bed. You're stronger than the negatives piled on you, they're clingy little buggers but you can shake them off, one by one.

They always say the best years of your life are highschool. Im sorry but who honestly believes that? My worst years were jr high and high school. And everyone was like " go to prom youre going to regret it.." I didnt go and no i dont regret it and no ill never look back. I hated it so much that I didnt even walk at graduation. I had them send me my diploma in the mail. And its not that i didnt have friends. I had lots of friends. Its just- it straight out sucked. You know what thebest years of my life have been? 20-26 (im currently 26) NO JOKE. i met way cool life long friends. I got to be independent and give a shot at moving out, i got to spend my money how i wanted to. buy what I wanted, do what I wanted and date who i wanted. Not that I went all out or anything but trust me.... your young adult years are fabulous. stick around to enjoy them .

Guest VioletFlare

Thanks for all the support, everyone. I knew this was probably the best place to turn to. <3 I'll be alright for now, I promise.

"Army of turtle mounted laser squirrels," heheh :laughingsmiley:

Life is hard. My high school experience was pretty terrible and its sad that the good intelligent people are forced to sit around mindless morons. Stay strong. You will be the one who will achieve greatness while they will be left working at McDonalds.