Nay for Sinus Infection

WhiteWolf

I have a mean sinus infection right now. I've got three boxes of tissues plus the one I'm working. sinus tablets, and nose spray. Then there are my favorite cure-alls...Pizza and a hockey game on tv,

The chances of my going to the gym or work are not good. This was supposed to be the week I shop for my parents birthday and anniversary gifts. That will have to sit until I'm better now.

Out of curiousity, what do you do or take when you're stuck with a sinus infection/cold?

Ewwy. I know how you feel. I am a singer and when I get those sinus infections it really messes me up. I drink throat coat to help my voice.

Sinus infections are the absolute worst. I had one, thought I was better, went flying, and hemorrhaged two of my sinuses with the pressure changes. When I flew back, same thing. Two months later I finally went to the hospital and the doctor freaked out because all four of my sinuses were 100% congested and extremely inflamed, suffering from a severe bacterial infection. So he dosed me up on a near lethal amount of antibiotics, probiotics, medicinal nasal spray, and saline spray.

It's been three months and I'm still congested and my monthly x-rays show no improvement.

How do I live with it? I shove a tissue up my nose and tell the pansinusitis, "Not today!"

But no, honestly, when I first came down the with sinus infection, before I destroyed everything, I just hated life and laid on my couch and slowly starved to death until I had recovered enough to crawl to the Subway across the street.

I had sinus surgery this last winter, i had an infection taken out of my right sinuses. I guess the doctor said it had been there years. I didn't notice. I just grew up not being able to breath out of one side. I guess it was normal for me? The only thing that sucked is i basically missed the entire snowboarding season ... my nose had to heal :/

After the surgery about 2 months later I got a sinus infection. I would use a saline sinus rinse that really works wonders... but this time it wasn't getting fixed. I got SO sick from the sinus infection getting into my blood stream that I had to go to the hospital by ambulance. I have a history with sinus problems...

now I don't have sinus problems really, but I do for some reason feel my allergies in my teeth... they actually sort of vibrate... i think its the nerves in my teeth which if you think about it- everything from your throat to your ears is connected with your sinuses in one way or another but honestly I just watched a LOT of HBO and played a LOT of Neopets. Hope you feel better, don't get too bored :P

I usually just sit in the bathroom with a hot shower running for the steam. I have pale and sensitive skin so I don't actually sit IN the hot shower, or I'd come out looking like an apple or tomato o.o A humidifier with some eucalyptus or mint oil helps with congestion too. Or just chew some minty gum, your sinuses might drain, helping to alleviate pressure.

If I have a sinus infection, I usually drink fluids, keep the room humid, and see a doctor to find out if it's bacterial or viral. Apple juice and tea are my drinks of choice, as well as lots of lying in bed reading.

Hopefully it isn't too nasty. If it persists for a while, it might be wiser to have it checked out for the type of infection (bacteria or virus) and see if medication will help (a bacterial infection can be treated by meds; a viral cannot).

Get well soon!

Wow! It sounds like a lot of you have been where I am. I talked my fiance into letting me go to Jamba Juice and Target just to get out of the house. Jamba Juice was my top priority for that Strawberries Wild smoothie I absolutely love. It's great during hot weather, but when I'm sick it gets better. Target was basically a neocash run. Snacks and taco shells on sale was a bonus.

I buy extra spicy korean noodles and binge eat xD All of whatever's stuffing up my nose usually waterfalls out. It's not pretty, but it helps me a lot!

That, and baby wipes instead of tissues (it helps reduce the chaffing of constant rubbing)

• 7 months later...

Oh dear, I had my very first one this october. It was the stuff of nightmares. It's very important that you stay well-hydrated. Good luck and take good care of yourself.

Sidekick noodles and dayquill were my friends.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (.Brianna.).

The original poster is now answered and will be closed. It's been nearly a year since this was originally posted and the OP is no longer ill.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact .Brianna. if you have any questions regarding this action.