The urge to start hoarding again is strong...

I cleaned my SDB out recently, donated/discarded everything other than codestones, and the things from the advent calendar (and I'll probably get rid of the calendar stuff too). So now, every time I see an item that I used to collect, bit of a pile of those things , I want to start doing it again >< I just got a mint jelly from the giant jelly and I think I'll tuck that away in my SDB rather than donate it :shiftyeyes_anim:

Of course now I'm feeling sad again about my poor pets on my original account :sad02: Hopefully one day my broken brain will let me start the process of regaining access to that. Though also, if I look one day and it's been purged, it's unlikely to have much of an impact on me, brain-bork has smothered a lot of my ability to react to things, so that's a "plus" in a way.

But yes, I suspect that today's NP won't be going to buying stocks, or seeing the inside of my bank account. :laughingsmiley: Plus there's so many new pretties for me to want to buy, too! :woot:

I only collect one thing at the mo - pirate hook candy canes. I want to get hundreds of em to put on the money tree at Xmas :D

Oh - I wasn`t begging there, BTW. Oops!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I never bothered with the charity corner thing, by the sound of it, that was a good move on my part <.< >.>

"strategic saving"...

I like that term xD Oh well, if I regret getting rid of the stuff that I had (which was mainly trash for the packrat avatar) then so be it :)

I am a huge hoarder, but I went through my SDB recently and sold/traded anything worth more than 400NP. Except for a few things that I think will continue to increase in value because they were a limited release. :)

And now I miss all my stuff. But I like all the pretty monies in my bank account too.

I cleaned my SDB out recently, donated/discarded everything other than codestones, and the things from the advent calendar (and I'll probably get rid of the calendar stuff too). So now, every time I see an item that I used to collect, bit of a pile of those things , I want to start doing it again >< I just got a mint jelly from the giant jelly and I think I'll tuck that away in my SDB rather than donate it :shiftyeyes_anim:

Of course now I'm feeling sad again about my poor pets on my original account :sad02: Hopefully one day my broken brain will let me start the process of regaining access to that. Though also, if I look one day and it's been purged, it's unlikely to have much of an impact on me, brain-bork has smothered a lot of my ability to react to things, so that's a "plus" in a way.

But yes, I suspect that today's NP won't be going to buying stocks, or seeing the inside of my bank account. :laughingsmiley: Plus there's so many new pretties for me to want to buy, too! :woot:

You NEED to see the inside of your bank account, EVERY SINGLE DAY. After all, there is interest to be collected. lol. That interest adds up fast, and if there are pretties to buy, free money can't hurt. Also, the last stock I sold, I made 237,000!!!!!!! I spent 90,000 on the stocks, so it was an investment, but when I sold it, my profit was 237,000 for a total of 327,000. I was a happy girl. So when you think about staying AWAY from those things, think about that. :woot:

You NEED to see the inside of your bank account, EVERY SINGLE DAY. After all, there is interest to be collected. lol. That interest adds up fast, and if there are pretties to buy, free money can't hurt. Also, the last stock I sold, I made 237,000!!!!!!! I spent 90,000 on the stocks, so it was an investment, but when I sold it, my profit was 237,000 for a total of 327,000. I was a happy girl. So when you think about staying AWAY from those things, think about that. :woot:

Haha yes, very true. I have collected my interest today, it's one of the first things that I do :yes: I haven't given in to going hoard shopping yet, the urge may have peaked for today, lol.

Haha yes, very true. I have collected my interest today, it's one of the first things that I do :yes: I haven't given in to going hoard shopping yet, the urge may have peaked for today, lol.

I see so many things I want to buy. But I am a hoarder when it comes to my bank account I guess. lol. My first goal was 1mil. When I reached it, it was 5 mil then 10 mil. When I hit 10 mil the charity corner event happened. Even with the cost of the items for the avatar (I spent 1 mil on that avatar :sad02: :sad01_anim: ) I made over 6 mil profit plus the 1 mil for the avie, selling plushies. I hoarded all of the plushies from dailies and battledome wins. My goal is to buy a new weapon from the hidden tower. I have the NPs to do it, but then my bank account will be down again. So I don't know what to do. Every time I hit my goal with my bank account, it changes. As far as hoarding in my SDB, I have NO DESIRE to purge it. lol. Only for the rubbish avatar. As soon as I get that, the purging will stop and the hoarding will continue. you never know when you might need it, or someone might be looking for an item for a quest or something.

Yeah, my goals a pretty ephemeral. Or maybe it would be better to say I have no solid goals. So I pootle along; slowly building my bank balance, buying stocks most days, fighting in the 1 player BD but only intermittently training (I avoid buying codestones if I can). My stocks buying mainly depends on how well my brain's working on any given day. Some days I can play games to get the 15k, some days it doesn't even want to let me do the really simple stuff like Catch the Petpet, so those days I resign myself to only netting 3-4k from the dailies unless I get lucky.

My M.O. at the moment is once I'm done in the BD, I hit quick stock: red codestones go in my shop; codestones go in my SDB; junk from the money tree gets discarded; food gets donated (unless it's a chocolate ice cream then into the shop!); items from the BD generally get discarded, unless they're usefull, like muffins, then they get donated. Sometimes I sell them, but whether I sell anything is always down to whether I have the brain power left for price checking. ><

So really I suppose all my Neo-ing is kind of half-assed, but not from choice :shiftyeyes_anim:

Items: 189 | Qty: 380

Maybe I'm a little too unattached.

I'm attached to my Neopoints more than my items. :P I missed out on the Charity Corner and am berating myself slightly for it because it came with an avatar, bah!

Sometimes I get sad about avatars, but not for long because I know there's a lot that I'll never be able to get. So I focus on being happy about the ones I do succeed in getting instead :D

So I did buy some stocks today \o/ and I am indulging in a little hoard shopping, but so far I've not spent over 5np for any item =3

Ah I love neopet hoarding! It keeps me from doing it IRL (at least to some extent... I still keep almost anything I think I can use in my crafting projects)

Ah I love neopet hoarding! It keeps me from doing it IRL (at least to some extent... I still keep almost anything I think I can use in my crafting projects)

YES! Shopping for intangible online game items is a totally valid way to deal with the urge to spend! :D

Items: 4,779 | Qty: 21,527, 160 pages in my sdb.

never give up. never surrender. i learned my lesson after the charity corner thing.. hoard.

Either it's one huge coincidence that you said that, or you've seen the movie Galaxy Quest.

I have 3734 different items in my SDB. I don't hoard multiples of each though. Why do you guys do that?? I get MIA a lot on Neopets (Ive been here since right when neopets started but I lost my old account - this one will be 11 next month!) so I missed the charity thing

I could not even attempt to explain the why, there's no answer other than we just do, or maybe, because we can. :shiftyeyes_anim:

Hoard hoard hoard! :woot:

I usually just throw pretty much everything into my SDB. Now I've been trying to get the rubbish dump avatar and discarded a lot of, hopefully rubbish-y, stuff. Btw, does anyone know what the "over extended period of time" for that avatar is?

Hoard hoard hoard! :woot:

I usually just throw pretty much everything into my SDB. Now I've been trying to get the rubbish dump avatar and discarded a lot of, hopefully rubbish-y, stuff. Btw, does anyone know what the "over extended period of time" for that avatar is?

I hoard tons of stuff as well! Mostly food... I've definitely got enough in there to feed all my pets for quite a long time.

I've been wanting to get the Rubbish avatar as well. I'm not sure about the "extended period of time," but I've read a few guides on getting the avatar and they usually suggest having a ton of junk items (like 1,000+) in your SDB before attempting to get the avatar. Then you withdraw all the items, and use Quick Stock to discard 70 at a time. So basically you would be discarding all of those items in one sitting, rather than over a long period. I have yet to try it since I'm still trying to get at least 1,000 rubbish items, but hopefully it works!

I discarded a bunch of stuff in one go when I cleared out my SDB :yes: I think I'll stockpile stuff again now. Right now it appeals to me to see how many multiples of BD prizes/dailies I can accumulate, that should keep me entertained for a while!

I went through phases of discarding whatever junk I accumulated at the end of each day and saving up for a while and discarding loads at once... in the end it happened on just one random discard after months of trying... sometimes these avatars are unpredictable :P.