Ghoul Catchers: What Level Are You Stuck On?

Lamppost

I've been playing Ghoul Catchers pretty much every night before bed these past few days, and I have been so stuck on Level 109 for several days. I haven't even gotten close to getting rid of all of the plagued ghouls. Does anyone have any tips? What level is frustrating you?

I can't even remember, the game doesn't work for me any more because I use chrome and I won't bother getting a different browser... But if I had to guess, I'd probably say somewhere between level 20 and 30.

Embarrassed to say that I am stuck on level 22. I cannot seem to earn enough to get even one star for the level. I also do not wish to buy any power-ups, so I'll have to "play" smarter.

Me too! Got there several weeks ago, tried a few times, decided it was next to impossible (for me anyway), and haven't played at all for a while now. Never let it be said that I'm not a quitter.

I am stuck on level 22 as well. i got closer to getting one star a few nights ago. I have also resigned to playing lower levels. They started out so easy too.

Update: I JUST passed level 22! After months and months of being stuck. We'll see what level I get stuck on next.

It's a weirdly hard game. I've found that most of the levels are fairly do-able, and then you'll get one (or a few) which are just reeeeaaally hard. My technique has just been to play it again and again until I get the stars I require and I thought I was getting slightly better, but there is absolutely no passing level 109. I really like getting all of the background though, so I keep persisting!
And levels 22 and 23 were very hard for me too but I got there eventually, so good luck!

I had some trouble with a few of the Brightvale houses, but after some persistence I managed to get them. Just the other night I got all three stars in House 20 and with that finished Brightvale! :D

I'm currently on level 26 with one star in each of the houses up until then except for 23 where I managed to scrape by 2 stars. I don't play very often but I'm slowly getting there.

I just discovered something!

There's a trophy symbol in the bottom right corner on the house map page. If you click on it, it tells you which 'achievements' you have unlocked. The top one is a 'three star mystery', and has a bronze, silver and gold trophy. I just tapped on this section out of boredom, and it said I could upgrade to a silver trophy...and gave me a ghoul-b-gone power-up! This *might* be helpful for everyone who is desperately stuck! I'm not sure what happens when you get a gold trophy or if you can ever get more free power-ups though.

EDITED: I thought it was a 5 extra moves power up, but it's not :(

I just discovered something!

There's a trophy symbol in the bottom right corner on the house map page. If you click on it, it tells you which 'achievements' you have unlocked. The top one is a 'three star mystery', and has a bronze, silver and gold trophy. I just tapped on this section out of boredom, and it said I could upgrade to a silver trophy...and gave me a ghoul-b-gone power-up! This *might* be helpful for everyone who is desperately stuck! I'm not sure what happens when you get a gold trophy or if you can ever get more free power-ups though.

EDITED: I thought it was a 5 extra moves power up, but it's not :(

So it's possible to get free power ups. But I think I prefer candy crush's version of getting free power ups (spinning a wheel). Getting trophies might be a little harder.

I don't feel so bad anymore about being stuck on level 38. I was stuck on 36 for a long time. Unfortunately even if I manage to get one star in 38-40, I have to go back and earn another 18 stars somewhere for the next episode to be unlocked. :(

EDIT: I've given up on level 38 for the moment and gone back to earlier levels and managed a couple more stars. I think what makes it so hard is that you don't get more points for a cascade. Like on Candy Crush if you make a match of 3 and when it falls it makes another match of 3, you get more points for that second match, and more if there is a third one. On Ghoul Catchers, if you make a match and it falls and makes a second match, it's still the same number of points. Obviously, it's still worth doing if you can set it up, as that's a move you didn't have to make to get those points, but I was suprised to notice that.

I've been stuck on level 26 for about two months now, it annoys me to no end!

Same here! lol 109?! you're crazy haha :P

Guest JussttBre

Wow, for some reason I just now am finding out about Ghoul Catchers! Well, looks like I need to visit the app store!  :rolleyes_anim:

I'm hoping this is a slight tester and they may release a Neopets App? :woot:  I'm probably being to hopeful..

I was stuck on 109 too!!!! I finally managed some major luck and got 2 five in a rows, so I could get rid of a color that there was a lot of to make room for red, and then another one on the reds. I was stuck on it for weeks. I think the game just got sad for me and gave me a way to win. Otherwise, that level is absolutely impossible.

Guest JussttBre

I'm totally stuck on level 23. That didn't take me long at all!! Really wish I didn't use any power ups on previous levels. Oh well.