Kiko Kicking of Keisters Kontinues

Midtime

reporter.gif

Hello again, friends, and welcome to another exciting day here at the Altador Cup! This is Brooke, reporting for The Daily Neopets, and trying her best to come up with some original sweeps-related puns. (And it's only the second day!) Let's plunge right on ahead with the Alabriss bracket, where once again the brooms were on the attack.

LD Logo wheeee Maraqua attempted to flood the Lost Desert today, but at the end of the day, the Mermaids found themselves all washed up. For the second day in a row, the Mummies pulled off a sweep against their opponents, finding particular success on the Yooyuball pitch. Their fans also achieved a decent victory as they showed their spirit. The other events were close, and as the teams face off again tomorrow, Maraqua may just be able to snag a couple of wins.

poof in the face In the second match-up of the bracket, the Magmas found themselves being swept once again, this time by the rollicking Rooligans, who were themselves swept in yesterday's matches. The teams from Roo Island and Moltara both brought some scores up from their consistent numbers yesterday, but ultimately the Magmas' flame was quenched by the irrepressible spirit of the Roos.

cute when angry The Alabriss bracket is rounded out by another sweep in the match between Kreludor and Krawk Island. This was the second day of sweeps for both teams, the Pirates on the receiving end and the Moons dishing it out. When the plunder was over, the Pirates comforted each other over a cool cup of slush. Ealyn Hawkshanks, centre forward for Kreludor, was spotted outside the shop performing a rather humiliating impression of the Krawk Island goalie that involved a wild belly-flop and a face full of grass. Tempers flared, but the team captains were able to stop their teammates from going head-to-head. Hawkshanks declined to comment on the incident.

Hopefully things were a little calmer in the Minitheus bracket. Tell us about it, Midtime!

"I will indeed, Brooke. It is marvellously calm in the Minitheus bracket! The sun is bright, the moon is beautiful, and I am on the streets until my bank transfer goes through because I vastly underestimated the on-season costs of temporary lodging in Altador! A random citizen accosted me not ten minutes ago to rant about Yurble Day not being cele- oh, right. You mean the results. Yes, let me get to those.

dude looks cray "After the concerted effort the Robots made in their kickoff match against Shenkuu, their fans may have hoped for a similar performance against the Minions. Unfortunately for them, the Minions have always been resolute, and turned the narrow loss of yesterday into a narrow win today. Should their performance on the field remain as steady as it has, perhaps they will be able to work their way up the standings once again. DC Captain Layton Vickles responded to interviewers with his trademark earnest: 'If you're impressssed with today's plays, you won't believe what we've got in sssstore for the rest of our games.' Team Virtupets, undeterred, promised fans that this match was not representative of the team's full capacity, and that the 'new direction' they were taking would match, if not exceed, their performance of yesteryear. Certainly it is too early to be discouraged.

moderately enthused yooyu "The Meridell Knights, spurred on by their aforementioned victory against the Citadel Minions, utterly swept Altador today. The concerted efforts of players and fans have lifted Meridell to the top of the rankings for their bracket, a fact which has not gone unappreciated. Although morale is low among the Suns' support base, Captain 'Trapper' Remis assures fans that they will see an Altadorian victory soon enough. 'We didn't give up last year, and we aren't giving up now. We know we have what it takes.'

"Perhaps most remarkably in this bracket, Cup underdog Faerieland has gone on to score its second win of the season - this time against the Shenkuu Ninjas. Few commentators can have expected the showing that the Faeries put on, and neither did the Shenkuu team, whose recovery from the extraordinary passing play that initiated the round came a little too late. Faerieland's team coordination has always been their strongest suit: although the team's fan are sanguine as ever, many of them have begun to wonder if new heights are now within reach.

"What do you mean, 'too soon'?

"At any rate, those are the results for the Minitheus bracket, and I hope they have either excited you or calmed you down, depending on your personal preference. On to Matt, for the Vaeolus!"

Thanks Midtime! The Vaeolus Bracket was once again full of action! Let's take a look at the results.

cleanysweepy Similar to the Alabriss Bracket, it was mainly sweep central in today's matchups. Kiko Lake was able to dominate in today's matchup against the Terror Mountain Chillers. The Kikos were able to cleanly sweep the Chillers today while shattering their high scores in Yooyuball, Slushie Slinger, and Make Some Noise from the previous day. If the Kikos continue to perform at this level, it seems as if there is no other place to go than up! Our reporters were able to get a quick word in with Kiko Lake Team Captain "Poke" Cellers regarding their performance in the first few days of this Cup.

"Our team has been trying for years to make it to the top, and our fighting spirit and determination has finally come through for us. It is still too early in the Cup to tell, but I believe that our team has a strong chance to win the entire Cup!" Cellers stated as the elated Kiko Lake team headed to a slushie stand to celebrate their victory. Save one for me!

what a cutie caveman Moving on, Tyrannia was also able to produce a similar result, cleanly sweeping Brightvale in all aspects. No foul wizardry occurred today as the Fossils were able to sweep yet another team. Currently sixth place in their bracket, Brightvale needs to find their momentum, and quickly before they end up in the bottom tiers. The tournament is still in its early stages, so the Wizards will continue to have a chance at their single digit finish.

winners curse In our last matchup of the day, Mystery Island went head to head with Haunted Woods. The two teams fought valiantly on the Yooyuball field, and in the end, the Natives were awarded with the victory. However, all was not lost for the Zombies as they sideswept the Natives. Currently fifth in their bracket, Haunted Woods will need to break free from the dreaded "winner's curse" and move up in their bracket for a chance to finish in the upper to middle tiers.

That wraps up the Vaeolus Bracket! Now let's take a look at the matches to watch for today. Spectators are in for a treat today as the powerhouses of the Vaeolus Bracket, Tyrannia and Kiko Lake will be facing off against each other. Both teams are now favorites to take the Cup, and this vital matchup could decide which team will be the victor of the Vaeolus Bracket. The match between Lost Desert and Maraqua will also be one to watch. Although the two teams have already faced before, the Mermaids are seeking to prove that their victory against Krawk Island was not a fluke after being swept by Lost Desert in yesterday's match.

That is it for today folks! Reporting live from the newsroom, this is Matt on behalf of Brooke, Midtime, and the rest of the Altador Cup Coverage staff here at TDN, I bid you farewell until tomorrow. Don't forget to stay classy.

t_1192.gif

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report was written to inform you all of the latest Altador Cup results in as entertaining a manner as possible. The rest of its content is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free listing of the day's results, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. Please note that the opinions formulated in this report are from a full team of different reporters, and in no way represent the views of only a single faction. If you're looking for 100% unbiased performance data, take a look at our standings page. If professional analysis tickles your fancy, you want our predictions pages (global/daily).

"Perhaps most remarkably in this bracket, Cup underdog Faerieland has gone on to score its second win of the season - this time against the Shenkuu Ninjas. Few commentators can have expected the showing that the Faeries put on, and neither did the Shenkuu team, whose recovery from the extraordinary passing play that initiated the round came a little too late. Faerieland's team coordination has always been their strongest suit: although the team's fan are sanguine as ever, many of them have begun to wonder if new heights are now within reach.

"What do you mean, 'too soon'?

I may or may not have found that funnier than I should, seeing as I support Faerieland, but oh well :D