What's your Highest YYB Score?

UGH! SOOOOOOO Close! I got 17 for the 2nd time this year just before midnight NST against Mystery Island, with 1 second left on the clock. If I had 2 more seconds I would've had a CHANCE at MAYBE getting to 18. I think, it's possible, but I'm pretty certain no higher. I didn't even realize I was so close until nearly the end of the match.

Oh well, I wonder if I can pull it off against Roo Island? I doubt it. But hey, there's always the LUCK factor to HOPE for! LOL

My highest this year and for the whole AC since I started is 16-0. Only reached it once this year though. I have one 15-0 and one 15-1< I think, and a handful (maybe 10) of 14-0 so far.

Mine is 17 goals. 17-0 to be exact. I've only got it twice this season but every time I do I screenshot it because I'm so proud!

Hey congrats sam101! First time I've heard of someone else with 17-0 this year! I'm sure they're out there though. lol I also screenshot many of my scores(10+). Started doing it several ACs back and I just continue these days. It's pretty cool, having that record to look back on and see how many scores I had of 10 or higher. lol. ;) I also have 17-0 twice this year. :) Good luck with your games!

how do you guys even manage to get 14+ goals, I can barely get 11 goals.

first time i've ever reached 12 goals.

Congrats on reaching 12! It's really a few things that have to "work" in order to get a 10 or higher score. It's hard to really explain stuff like the routes you can move to use less time. Mostly, to get a normal yooyu off in 3 seconds, I'll tackle the yooyu from above and take it to the bottom of the screen, then go towards the opponent's goal until I can aim at it diagonally, either straight on, or bounce it off the bottom wall. If you go straight through the middle it's possible to make it in 2 seconds, but you're more likely to have the yooyu stolen trying that maneuver. Though if you're LUCKY it can work. And that's the big thing is LUCK. If everything goes well you'll get yooyus that are easier to handle/shoot. Avoiding Faerie, Darigan and in some cases mutant. That's all in luck.

The reason I say it's hard to explain is because I tend to play more by instinct instead of actively sighting the spot to shoot. But here's one solid tip. When you fire at the goal, even if it goes in, move to where you think the yooyu will bounce IF you miss. That way if you do happen to miss, you are already on the move and you should be able to recover the yooyu more quickly, saving you time, maybe a second or so, which will give you more time to try to score.

Well, I hope this helps.  I see we're playing against each other today.. Our goalie is probably the worst in the game. lol So it wouldn't surprise me if people got to new personal high scores against Maraqua. ;)

Personally, I think it's POSSIBLE to get 18 points, but I've never done it, nor do I know of anyone who has managed it. I can get 6 points before the clock winds down to 2 minutes, but after that, it gets much harder, especially if you get yooyus like Ice, Mutant, Darigan and Faerie that can take extra time and work to get them safely to the goal. Oh well, just my theory. My best score this year is 17, though I've only gotten it twice this year so far. Still, trying to score 6 times per minute would be the only way to make it to 18. I doubt I'll get there, but it would be nice, even a 17-1 win would at least prove it's possible, since each score removes 8 seconds from the game clock. ;)

Congrats on reaching 12! It's really a few things that have to "work" in order to get a 10 or higher score. It's hard to really explain stuff like the routes you can move to use less time. Mostly, to get a normal yooyu off in 3 seconds, I'll tackle the yooyu from above and take it to the bottom of the screen, then go towards the opponent's goal until I can aim at it diagonally, either straight on, or bounce it off the bottom wall. If you go straight through the middle it's possible to make it in 2 seconds, but you're more likely to have the yooyu stolen trying that maneuver. Though if you're LUCKY it can work. And that's the big thing is LUCK. If everything goes well you'll get yooyus that are easier to handle/shoot. Avoiding Faerie, Darigan and in some cases mutant. That's all in luck.

The reason I say it's hard to explain is because I tend to play more by instinct instead of actively sighting the spot to shoot. But here's one solid tip. When you fire at the goal, even if it goes in, move to where you think the yooyu will bounce IF you miss. That way if you do happen to miss, you are already on the move and you should be able to recover the yooyu more quickly, saving you time, maybe a second or so, which will give you more time to try to score.

Well, I hope this helps.  I see we're playing against each other today.. Our goalie is probably the worst in the game. lol So it wouldn't surprise me if people got to new personal high scores against Maraqua. ;)

Personally, I think it's POSSIBLE to get 18 points, but I've never done it, nor do I know of anyone who has managed it. I can get 6 points before the clock winds down to 2 minutes, but after that, it gets much harder, especially if you get yooyus like Ice, Mutant, Darigan and Faerie that can take extra time and work to get them safely to the goal. Oh well, just my theory. My best score this year is 17, though I've only gotten it twice this year so far. Still, trying to score 6 times per minute would be the only way to make it to 18. I doubt I'll get there, but it would be nice, even a 17-1 win would at least prove it's possible, since each score removes 8 seconds from the game clock. ;)

you guys sure like to steal the ball a lot.

i usually try and grab the ball first, hold the spacebar and throw it past them but making sure it doesn't go all the way towards the goalie. then I pick it up and press the down arrow a couple of times to where I'm not centered with the goalie and shoot the yyb. If the speed boost is in center with the yyb, then I grab the yyb and race to the bottom or top of the screen to get away from everyone and then get in line with the goalie to shoot. I'd say 7 times out of 10 it works. other wise they steal the ball but eventually I get it back to score. That's how I've been playing.

you guys sure like to steal the ball a lot.

i usually try and grab the ball first, hold the spacebar and throw it past them but making sure it doesn't go all the way towards the goalie. then I pick it up and press the down arrow a couple of times to where I'm not centered with the goalie and shoot the yyb. If the speed boost is in center with the yyb, then I grab the yyb and race to the bottom or top of the screen to get away from everyone and then get in line with the goalie to shoot. I'd say 7 times out of 10 it works. other wise they steal the ball but eventually I get it back to score. That's how I've been playing.

I can say the same about your forward, Zo Junior, a regular pain in the neck he is! lol ;)

The difficulty settings get harder the more goals you score. Up to 4, you should be mostly ok to take the ball first, after that though, stand near the ball, and let your opponent touch it first, then press space bar to tackle/steal and then go from there. Sometimes it is better to steal the ball going through the center, sometimes you'll find it easier going from down to up, or up to down. Sometimes you might even go at an angle, such as if there's a power-up you want to get to.

TDN has a YYB guide that gives some strategy tips and coverage about how to deal with certain circumstances, such as the most annoying of yooyus, the darigan.

Here is the link.

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/altador-cup/yooyuball-guide/

I have to say again, that Haunted Woods' Zo Junior steals more than should be allowed. LOL He's kept me down to about an 11 point average. That's a pretty good defense your team has, even though he's the forward. ;) I've managed 1 score of 15 against your team, but most often it's been 11. And one score of 3-0 due to the 4th ball being a blasted darigan. It's frustrating. ;) Well, best of luck, I hope you're having fun with Maraqua. ;) LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT: I decided to record 1 match of YYB to give examples of how I play. It's not my best game, by any stretch of the imagination. Haunted Woods swarmed me on the very first play. lol  Not only do I recover, I win. ;) There is no sound and no commenting allowed on youtube, the video is unlisted and WILL be removed maybe next week or after the end of the AC. I recorded it strictly as an example of gameplay. No editing was done to this video, that's the RAW video of it. Max resolution is 800x600, lol I like that rez. ;)

I hope this helps!