Looking to upgrade blumally's battle set!

Hola! I've made my former lab pet blumally into my battle pet (and given her some pretty space princess customizations! :-D). 

I've been training her level and hp and I would like to upgrade her battle set! I'm looking for some good low/mid-level equipment that won't destroy my bank account (I'm saving up for some expensive avatars!) Here's her current info:

blumally 

Level 56

Strength 79

Def 42

Mov 51

HP 136

Equipment: Caustic Potion, Magical Healing Potion, Flask of Liquid Light, Scarab Ring, Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer, Scroll of Ultranova, 2 snowballs/muffins/snowflakes etc. 

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

The golden compass is a nice duel weapon (An uprade from that would be the Hanso Charism Charm) for that price. You might find a healing scroll very useful. The scroll of knowledge, I also like the Ylanas Blaster for big attacks paired with a leaf shield. The Geraptiku Attack Leaf is another alternative with a couple less numbers. You will probably need a good defense weapon until you train a little more. So Healing scrolls and shields might be a good investment :) Lens Flare is probably my favorite non-weapon, eliminates the need to carry a freezer. Good luck!

Hola! I've made my former lab pet blumally into my battle pet (and given her some pretty space princess customizations! :-D). 

I've been training her level and hp and I would like to upgrade her battle set! I'm looking for some good low/mid-level equipment that won't destroy my bank account (I'm saving up for some expensive avatars!) Here's her current info:

blumally 

Level 56

Strength 79

Def 42

Mov 51

HP 136

Equipment: Caustic Potion, Magical Healing Potion, Flask of Liquid Light, Scarab Ring, Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer, Scroll of Ultranova, 2 snowballs/muffins/snowflakes etc. 

The magical healing potion doesn't get enough credit.  It is far cheaper than the bronze scorchstone.  But with your HP level you need a better healer.  You should go with the greater healing scroll.  It is costly but it will pay in the end.  Otherwise, get rid of the caustic potion and go with sun and moon chakram.  It has the identical damage icons as ramtor's spellbook for a fraction of the price.  I like ultranovas because they have the same damage icons as scroll of ultranova but with healing too and they don't use a healing slot.  Sometimes you can get two or more uses from them too.  Use in addition to, not instead of, your scroll of ultranova.  Also, train your strength and defense up more.  It really does help.  Good luck.

blumally 

Level 56

Strength 79

Def 42

Mov 51

HP 136

Nice custom job on the uni. :) Do you have a set budget, or a specific opponent you'd like to challenge? If there is a 1p opponent in particular, I can try to tailor a good set for you. :) Budget battling is certainly possible! :D

With the BP temporarily down right now, I can't look up any weapon stats. But you've gotten some really sound advice so far to start out upgrading. Training is usually the best way to increase your damage given and decrease the damage taken. I prefer to keep my strength and defense pretty balanced. It helps with some shields like the green Leaf Shield from Illusen's Quests. Plus if the boosts for strength and defense are the same, it might be a bit easier to calculate your damage given and damage blocked.

I'll check in later today if I can, got a busy day/evening ahead, but I'll see if I can't add to the good advice you've already gotten. ;) If you're on a budget for your upgrades, or a specific opponent you want to try to beat, posting that info would be helpful too.

I'd hoped the BP would be back up by now, but I guess it's taking longer. So I will probably have more suggestions later, after it's back up.

Caustic Potion, Magical Healing Potion, Flask of Liquid Light, Scarab Ring, Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer, Scroll of Ultranova, 2 snowballs/muffins/snowflakes etc.

For healing I'd agree with the Greater Healing Scroll, heals 50hp, once per battle. I just priced checked it on the TP and there are some available for around 110k. If you feel that that's too much for a single item, you might consider a Blue Scorchstone. The cheapest right now is around 65 on the Shop Wiz. But it only heals 30hp, and presently the overheal function doesn't work in the Battledome. At the moment I forget how much healing the lower level healing scrolls heal... But I think the Lesser Healing Scroll heals either up to, or a flat 25hp. Those sell for under 20k right now. So no need to rush to a decision right now.. Best to wait for the BP, so you buy the right one for you.;)

I think your weapons are pretty underpowered, imho. Man I miss the BP's profiles right now. lol It's been ages since I fought Advisor Broo. lol Anyway, the Scarab Ring is probably the best piece of equipment I see. Offering 6 icons of offense and defense, it's great for early-to-intermediate battlers! Though because some of the weapons out there are stronger offensively for less np, some might dismiss the Scarab Ring for it's lack of power, but the defense is useful against... I think it blocks 3 physical and 3 Fire icons. Fire isn't the easiest to block, so it's a good item for going against a fire or physical opponent. I'd recommend keeping it, even if you switch it out some time in the future because of it's defense being so potentially useful.

I'd say the suggestions so far on the cheap-but-well-powered items that have been suggested are a really good start. Golden Compass CAN be useful. I believe it's a 10 icon attack and blocks 3 dark icons. Still, there are better attacking weapons for less, though they don't have the defense, dark is fairly easy to block or reflect.

Speaking of Reflectors, you might consider the 50% Reflectors in your battle against Broo! I used them a LOT back in the day, so much so that I memorized them. lol  And while they CAN and WILL break Forever after a couple uses, sending 50% of damage back at him should help nicely. :) Here's the list of the 50% Reflectors.

Ultra Dark Reflectorb - Darkness

Turbo Flame Reflector - Fire

Shovel Plus - Earth

Super U-Bend - Water

Double Dryer - Air

Dual Battle Mirror - Light   Get Expert Lens, it's cheaper, reflects 50% Light AND WON'T break.

Physical icons cannot be reflected, only blocked.

On a side-note and if I'm remembering correctly, Shovel Plus was a LIFE-SAVER against Commander Garoo. ;)

Another stand-by for me is the Leaf Shield, the green one from Illusen's quests, (Quest 29 to be specific) I play balanced stat-boosts, so my Leaf Shield has been very useful for a very long time. Although, it's only useful if you battle opponents who deal earth, water and physical  type damage. ;) A lot of people though, prefer Patched Magic Hat which has different icons. EITHER will run you between 22k-26k.at least as of right now. They are just shields, no attacking qualities.

If you'd like to attempt to freeze your opponent, Snowglobe Staff is probably the cheapest "Chance"-Freezer. I THINK it can break forever.... Not 100% sure though. Again, it's been a long time since I last used one. Under 20k on the wiz presently.

Snowballs/muffins are useful since you have slots reserved for them already. There are a number of cheap items for defense I could recommend, but without knowing what Broo does, I won't even list them. Because I don't know if they'd help against Broo or not. I'll check back later, maybe the BP will be back, but in the meantime, hopefully I've given you some good ideas. :)

Faerie abilities: As you're level 50, I'd recommend you get Lens Flare, if you don't already have it.

Last tip for this post, train! It's always a good thing and you'll gain more power through training than through fancy/expensive gear. To get the most out of any shields you might purchase, I'd suggest getting your defense up a lil higher, more in line with your pet's Strength. You'll get a good amount of support that way, imho :)

Keep up the training Sara! You'll be able to qualify for the next Annual Space Faerie Code Giveaway!  :santa:

Sadly I traded off my Rejuvenating Jar of Brains I could have given you when I full upgraded to LEV. I would have given it to you.

Good luck Sara! Keep up the good work  :rock:

I don't know WHY, but I keep forgetting to mention Downsize!, a WONDERFUL defensive item that when used blocks 50% of all damage for one turn, once per battle. AVOID the retired "Downsize Power Plus!" item, it's EXPENSIVE and one-use, then it's forever gone. If you want an item like that, buy some Thick Smoke Bombs from the Shop Wiz. MUCH cheaper. They originate from the Secret Ninja Training school.

Since the BP is thankfully back, I checked out Broo, and he's got a pretty good range of different icons that his various equipment can dish out.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/oneplayer/viewprofile/1/

Definitely get a Downsize! for a couple thousand np. For Broo specifically, he's got a couple items that unleash light attacks, but also there is earth and water too. So I'm going to recommend, for defensive items, the following....

Parasol of Unfortunate Demise, Blocks ALL light, as well as some water and earth.

Patched Magic Hat OR Leaf Shield, They are about equal choices imho.

I think the hardest part about Broo, is his healing Rainbow Scorchstone, and possibly WORSE.... his very unique defensive item, Advisor Broos Necklace. Blocking ALL damage and a 35% chance of freezing your pet.

You are DEFINITELY going to want the level 50 Faerie Ability, Lens Flare! This is definitely going to be a hard battle for your Uni. But I THINK you might be able to pull it off. Here's the thing, the max damage you could do with 2 15-icon Muffins, if he doesn't block anything and you don't have to use a shield, Is 60hp. Because of your current strength boost. You can calculate the damage here too.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/site/damagecalculator/

Anyway, You MAY just want to go in with 3 15-icon Muffins, and 2 Thick Smoke Bombs. A weapon and a Shield. Not sure on the weapon yet, but for the cheap Shield, I'd suggest Parasol of Unfortunate Demise. Or maybe Downsize. This is going to take a LOT of luck, but here's what I'm thinking....

Go in, use muffin + muffin, and Lens Flare Ability. That'll take out 60hp. Then in your next round, use muffin + Thick Smoke Bomb and.. you've probably got An Icicle as a faerie ability, right? Use that. That should do 12 points of damage with your current strength boost. If he only attacks, and doesn't defend or heal, then he SHOULD have 58 hp left. For the 3rd round, Weapon + Thick Smoke Bomb, and use An Icicle again too. I'm tempted to suggest a Golden Compass Because while it does 9 icons of attack, it defends 3 of darkness. So, let's see.. it can be bought in the shop wiz for under 30k.. So, pretending you'll get and use 1 Golden Compass, and Thick Smoke Bomb, along with An icicle for the 3rd round, He should be down from 58 HP to 26hp. 4th Round, Here's where you REALLY need your luck. Golden Compass + Downsize! + An Icicle. Which should beat him.

Recapping this strategy.

Round 1

15-icon Muffin = 30 damage

15-Icon Muffin = 30 damage

Lens Flare, to stop him from doing anything.

damage counter 160 - 60 = 100hp remains

Round 2

15-icon Muffin = 30 damage

Thick Smoke Bomb, no damage to you

Use the An Icicle Ability.

100 - 30 = 70 - 12 = 58hp remains

Round 3

Golden Compass (You could select a cheaper stronger weapon without the defense if you wanted to try that)

Thick Smoke Bomb, last one, no damage to you.

Use the An Icicle Ability.

58 - 18 = 40 -12 = 28hp remains

Round 4

Golden Compass (Or whichever weapon you chose)

Downsize!   (On 2nd thought you COULD try having a 3rd Thick Smoke Bomb in this slot, then the defense of the Golden Compass wouldn't matter for this battle and you could chose a more powerful weapon that costs less)

And of course, use the An Icicle Ability.

28 - 18 = 10 - 12 = -2, = WIN!

Again, this is a BEST CASE SCENARIO strategy and you MAY have to try it multiple times. If that happens, feel free to make adjustments where you might wish to.

IF this works though, then you don't need to buy anything I mentioned, although I TOTALLY recommend Downsize! for defense and for healing in your other battles, either a Blue Scorchstone, OR a Lesser Healing Scroll, until you're ready to spend the NP on a Greater Healing Scroll, or a slightly more effective Rejuvenating Jar of Brains, which was a prize from the Obelisk War. So it might not be too inflated in it's price yet. It heals 60hp once per battle, and the G.H.S. heals 50hp.

As for 15-icon muffins, this one might be a good choice.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/weapon/viewweap/1434

The 2nd/lower review has a list of alternative 15-icon muffins you might also consider. Whichever one is more economical for you would probably be the best bet.

There is another way to maybe make the fight go a little faster, and that would be to train your strength to 85 for the next boost multiplier. So instead of 2, you would be multiplying the icons by 2.5 to get more damage in. I'd personally recommend getting your defense up eventually to the same area as your Strength, if you're going to use shields. But using thick smoke bombs and/plus Downsize! in your battle here, your lower defense won't be an issue.

Well, I hope this helps/works! ;)

Edit: Made a slight math mistake, I think it's corrected now.

Edited by Aquamentis12

My goodness, you guys are awesome. I'm pondering my options right now, I'll let you know what I end up picking up!!

Edit:

Okay, I'm just getting my feet wet, but here's what I have equipped at the moment-

Scarab Ring

Scroll of Ultranova

Lesser Healing Scroll

Parasol of Unfortunate Demise

Downsize!

3 slots for muffins/novas/snowballs etc. 

Edit number 2: 

So, wow, huge difference already. I've been able to defeat a couple new opponents on difficult setting: Kauvara and Jelly Chia (haven't been brave enough to try Broo yet!)  

Congrats on your victories Sara!

I like Jelly Chia, personally. He makes a great punching bag. ;) LOL Seriously though I was stronger than him when I started battling him.  I found that with my Leaf Shield (the green one of course) combined with a dual duty that blocks some dark, such as a Golden Compass, I could beat him without receiving hardly, if any, damage. You might receive some damage if you try that strategy, because your stats are lower than mine were when I developed it. But his weapons are Earth, Water and Physical. The reason you need some dark blocking weapon, is because if he uses an Evil Snowball, that has a couple of dark icons. But the combination of Leaf Shield and Golden Compass will make it harder for him to cause any major damage that you'd have to heal after battle. ;)

If I weren't trying to squeeze a Zed Codestone out of Tekkitu the Witch Doctor, I'd probably still be fighting Jelly Chia. Lots of "junk" spooky foods, but he also carries a book and a couple of stamps. And I think he's pretty ok for getting codestones, Red and Regular. :)

Good luck when you finally tackle Broo! I hope you win! :D

I used to do Lava Ghoul to get 5~ or so Codestones a day, but when I was silenced on my old main my new account still does not have him, I've tried around, I did do Ghost Lupe, but i keep getting no Codestones consistently, so I did Pant Devil on Max difficulty and I get 5 codestones again. I've done it for a week and the lowest I've got was 3.

• 1 month later...

I'm still not quite getting past Adviser Broo, but I've been able to take on pretty much anything beneath him with my current equipment. I'm still working on leveling, focusing on defense but I keep getting random HP stat increases which causes me to have to stop and work on my level. 

Current stats: 

Lvl : 76
Str : 105
Def : 51
Mov : 60
Hp :  155

Hmmmm, I was looking at Broo's equipment to refresh my memory about him, and dang! I forgot he had such awesome equipment! LOL

As I see your stats now, If you got your strength to 125, that would make your strength boost multiplier 3. That would add some good power to your battle with Broo. I mean depending on how close you can get to beating him with your current boost multiplier of 2.5.

Have you gotten your level 100 Faerie Ability yet? According to this petpage, http://www.neopets.com/~_mariokart_#100It seems that Burrow is MOSTLY working now, so that might be your best bet for a once per battle ability to help defend against Broo.

I hope this helps a bit, Good Luck!

Keep up the training Sara! You'll be able to qualify for the next Annual Space Faerie Code Giveaway!  :santa:

Sadly I traded off my Rejuvenating Jar of Brains I could have given you when I full upgraded to LEV. I would have given it to you.

Good luck Sara! Keep up the good work  :rock:

Hi Sara - I'm not big into battling, I do it for the prized an avi's - That said, for my main weapon, I use Cloudy Wand of Storms 

@ Rynarok - I'm not familiar with the annual Space Faerie Code giveaway, could you share any details ? I'd love to be able to get that avi!