Bad Stuff On Neoboards

Bodhi

Hey, all!

In case you weren't aware, Neopets' filters are gone and people are going crazy with it on their home pages and in the boards.

Please do NOT click on any links posted in the boards as they may take you somewhere with a virus or NSFW content.

There are some really horrible things in the boards, but I don't know if there is a point reporting them as there are way too many.

Hopefully JS will be able to get things sorted as soon as possible. Until then, be careful.

At this time the best thing to do is stay off the neoboards and any/all pages that users can edit. Petpages are being edited with some explicit content as well. Best to just stick to your own stuff right now. Even out of curiosity I wouldn't even go to the neoboards and see the havoc. TNT will most likely be handing out punishments after this issue is fixed. No need to risk our accounts over simple curiosity. Be safe everyone! Also if your children use the site, I'd suggest you monitor them closely or not allow them to use the site until this has been resolved. :)

WOW! "It's a MADHOUSE! A MADHOUSE I TELL YOU!"

Ok..... so actually I haven't checked out the neoboards, and I have no intention of doing so. As it's been said, best to stay clear. Let TNT steamroller the people doing the explicit "stuff". You never know what could happen, especially if unofficial links are being posted. I also wonder when the monitors and filters cut out. I just had an idea, a conspiratorial theory, if maybe one of the TNT members that JS laid off changed the settings to mess with them? Frankly if that HYPOTHETICAL THEORY was the case, I'd understand them being ticked off, but it wouldn't excuse things that could scandalize people, especially the kids that play the site, though in honest opinion, they probably see/read/hear some of that more adult language and such in the regular net surfing, or on TV or at school. But that doesn't matter. It's TNT's site, their rules, and like going over to someone's place, you should follow and respect their rules. The major difference imho, is that to join Neopets, you SIGN an AGREEMENT, stating you'll follow the 'rules of the house'... as it were.

I hope the remaining TNT members, or the new JS members can get the forums under control soon! Then maybe they can work on the rest of the glitches? ;)

Well, I couldn't help myself...had to see what was going on. Yikes!! I've usually avoided the boards due to filter paranoia and it just not being worth the risk of saying something wrong, but complete lack of filters?? Hmm...I know jumpstart said they were going to focus on adult players, but c'mon now. Definitely some accounts are going to be frozen I'd think.

Well, it appears they fixed it.... sort of... not really.... I live life dangerously and went to see how bad it was (kind of like how you slow down when you're passing a car accident) and all that's there now is;
"NeoBoards

The NeoBoards are currently down because something a sploded. Our DBA monkeys are looking into it and are hoping to have it fixed shortly. Hoorah for DBA monkeys! 

In the meantime, you can play games and stuff. Or um... go outside. :o "

mildly insulting yet humorous advice TNT.

You'd think people would be grateful that they can finally write words like skill or amusement, but nope. The trolls are on the loose -_-

they lacked the skills AND amusement :P

Well, it appears they fixed it.... sort of... not really.... I live life dangerously and went to see how bad it was (kind of like how you slow down when you're passing a car accident) and all that's there now is;

"NeoBoards

The NeoBoards are currently down because something a sploded. Our DBA monkeys are looking into it and are hoping to have it fixed shortly. Hoorah for DBA monkeys! 

In the meantime, you can play games and stuff. Or um... go outside. :O "

mildly insulting yet humorous advice TNT.

I always love it when they include that message "or um... go outside. :O" haha  :laughingsmiley: with this heat, I don't want to be outside  :sad01_anim:

its 9pm and freezing.. i wish it was hot outside :O

This post has been edited by a member of staff (.Brianna.) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts on topic. This board is for the discussion of the current issues surrounding the neoboards and other user-driven site content  only.  

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

This makes me think of when in Jurassic Park Nedry cut power to the security systems and all the dinosaurs got out and started scaring people and stuff, but instead it's people going WAY overboard on the neoboards because someone turned off the crazy censor.

So they shut down the website, right now to try to fix it, but I'm pretty sure that the "raptors" are waiting to pounce

I don't go on the boards anymore so I never would've known except for this board and tumblr lol. And the way people were talking on tumblr you would think the site was on fire.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR. I haven't been on Neopets in like, three days, and now that I can finally go on again, the site is down. Having withdawal symptoms here!!

I don't see why the WHOLE site is down when it's the neoboards that are broken. And some petpages. And probably some shops. Okay, I kind of get it.

Anyone have some screenshots? I'm so curious!! :sick02: :sick02: :sick02:

Nooo, I just woke up and was about to do my dailies and found the whole website to be down! Now I know why... :S

I hope this gets resolved soon!

UPDATE: The website is back up!

I checked the boards (specifically help chat) I saw a few explicit boards there, but didn't click on those. I did see a topic warning about the same thing. I found out about the lack of filters that way. As far as I know, people turned against Neopets because they could potentially be flagged for things like telling off a bullying user or certain words like drink (which is ridiculous :sad01_anim:).

My guess is that people went ballistic because their potty mouths have been restrained on Neopets for so long, that when they saw an opportunity they completely let loose.  But that happens sometimes when emotions are stifled.  :eh:

It appears that user lookups are redirecting to the Neopets home page. I imagine they're doing this to clear all of the bad pages so more people don't see them.

It also appears that the Neoboards are down. I'm glad this is getting settled so more unfortunate kids don't have to see inappropriate messages/links.

Glad to see them taking action. Shame the boards are down, hope it isn't for long. It's a staple of the site. What will the pound chatters do if they can't trade ? What will the BD Chatters do if they can't be mean to eachother and complain about the site ? What will the avatar chat do without a "Seeking MSPP Lend, Board #339" board ?

We'll see !

Lol...the trolls have escaped, quick, man the machine guns!! Hope people are enjoying their luls, because it's gonna be WAHHH!!! all the way once their accounts are permanently frozen, idiots. :rolleyes_anim:

What annoyed me the most were the people saying how they apparently 'deserved' this. :shiftyeyes_anim: They've been gone for years, and think that being on as kids means that they 'deserv'e to come back and post vulgar things, have their laugs and then leave, leaving the rest of us with the mess of stricter filters and the mods being more liberal with punishments. And then if you speak up about it, you're 'over reacting' or 'being too sensitive'. :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Sure, this is the 'most interesting thing to happen to Neo' because you haven't been here. Dear Fyora, if you actually came on, you would see that yes there is stuff to do, yes there is a community, and yes we love the site. GRRRRR!! :grrr:

People who haven't been on for years, but certainly haven't grown up in the time they've been away ><

Oh goodness, is that ever true!!

What I thought was funny how some people were basically saying how we need to grow up, because we take Neopets seriously... when they're the one who came back to post inapropriate things and break the rules.

(I also ran into someone who said that we needed to 'stop scapegoating and blaming these people'. Yeah, stop putting the blame on the people who are breaking the rules... :shiftyeyes_anim: )