What is generally fair to ask for a FFQ?

I got another FFQ and as I have buzzin, I was thinking about trading it. I haven't traded pets nor FFQs before so....

1) What is possible in terms of a trade these days? Could I trade for an UC pet-I like kaus, greys and darigans?  a battle pet? 

2) I want to follow all/any rules and not endanger my account. What do i need to know? I am using this as a basic guild

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=548162&week=587. 

Thanks

Most people are not likely to want to trade their UC pets, however, it not against the rules to offer your FFQ for trade on the boards, in a chat, in your guild or wherever.  You simply state that you would like to trade your FFQ for an UC pet.  State that you have a FFQ and you will offer to create a pet, paint their current pet, or grab a pet from the pound, whatever, and paint it whatever color available from the FF, in return for their UC whatever (unless there is a specific UC pet you want).  Simple as that.  You wouldn't be breaking any rules, however I am not sure you will get a lot of bites on your offer.  Good luck though.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but amongst the possibilities there is one that may not be very appropriate - Isn't sending a pet to other person's account to be painted and then returned, forbidden?

You're correct. It's okay to create/adopt a pet to offer out a FFQ but you can't have someone send their existing pet to be painted then return it.

Worst case scenario, you can always advertise for a while and if you're not finding what you want you can use the FFQ for yourself or save it to use in conjunction with trading another pet (like a battle pet) to try to get a UC for yourself.

Thanks everyone. I'm not obsessed with UCs though I did like some of my painted pets before they were converted. I do wish TNT had given users the choice for all their pets not just the grandfathered ones. It all seemed so haphazard and frustrating then when I returned from a haitas and my pets looked different.

If I trade for a battle pet, what stats should I seek? BTW I have a draik egg or MP that could be added to the mix ( though those don't seem to be worth much these days either)

You're correct. It's okay to create/adopt a pet to offer out a FFQ but you can't have someone send their existing pet to be painted then return it.

Sorry I don't have any advice, but I'm confused because it looks like in the above linked NT article it is saying you can trade pets to be painted and then trade them back -

"...once a trade is agreed, the player will send the other player with the FFQ their pet via the Transfer system... This player will paint the pet with the colour the owner wishes. Finally, the pet is sent back in exchange for another pet..."

Sorry I don't have any advice, but I'm confused because it looks like in the above linked NT article it is saying you can trade pets to be painted and then trade them back -

"...once a trade is agreed, the player will send the other player with the FFQ their pet via the Transfer system... This player will paint the pet with the colour the owner wishes. Finally, the pet is sent back in exchange for another pet..."

Yes, as far as I know, you CAN do that.  What you cannot do is send pets to be Zapped by the lab ray and then transfer them back, because then people won't get their own lab maps.  I know that people do zap pets and then put them up for adoption to people seeking certain pets and also zap pets and put them in the pound.  But you cannot take pets from people, zap them then send them back.  But I don't know of any rule against painting them and/or using a FFQ on a transferred pet then transferring it back.

I have transferred pets from my side accounts for the lab ray because of course you are only supposed to have it on your main, but it makes sense people can't ask someone else to zap one of their main pets. I didn't understand about the FFQ because the situation is different, that is it's not items you have to collect, or something people are trying to avoid getting and just letting other people get it for them. Anyway, thanks for the clarification :)