FREE 8th Birthday Sparkler Cupcake

Nice! named444, you never know when an extra 5hp will come in handy, especially for a rookie pet-in-training like your Vandagyre. I would think that 40hp and your other stats should give you some more options as whom to battle, or make your current battling preferences a little easier in terms of staying power in a fight. :)

OH MY GOSH! My little Zetria looks so adorable in the wig! But it doesn't really match with the rest of her outfit so I'll leave it off. Luckily she has even more health now though. (She's my battle pet) (Yes I am indeed pretty new to battling)

OH MY GOSH! My little Zetria looks so adorable in the wig! But it doesn't really match with the rest of her outfit so I'll leave it off. Luckily she has even more health now though. (She's my battle pet) (Yes I am indeed pretty new to battling)

I had a look at Zetria, and it looks like you're keeping her stats pretty well balanced. I'm a balanced battler myself, though presently my Peophin's strength is a bit ahead of the other stats. LOL

Anyway, since you mentioned that you're "pretty new" to battling, I thought I would link you to some of TDN Battlepedia's articles for beginners.

You don't HAVE to follow them, think of them more as guidelines and suggestions. ;)

This article has some suggestions for various levels of battling. It also explains the differences in the types of equipment.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/basic-weapon-sets/

This article is a somewhat recent one, MAYBE a year or two old. ;) It's a short one that follows a blue scorchio which includes links to other helpful articles in something of a story-like way.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/melida/

Here is the link to our articles index page, this lists and categorizes ALL the helpful battle articles.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/index/

Here's one more article, a short one, but VERY important. This article shows what are called "Boosts", and what numbers your training has to be in Strength and/or Defense to get to the next "boost level".

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/battle-strength-defense-boosts/

It's NOT as hard as it seems. Each boost, is really a Multiplier. If you wield a weapon that, for the sake of keeping this simple, does 10 icons of damage, and say your opponent doesn't have a shield that round so ALL 10 icons get through to them. At your current boost level, your multiplier is 1.25 So, 10 icons multiplied by a strength boost of 1.25 = 12.5, So you'll do 12 or 13 damage to your opponent. Of course, I say 12 or 13 because for some reason I can't recall if the BD rounds damage up or down. lol Probably because I should've been asleep hours ago.

Anyway, often times the best way to increase your damage is by training, instead of blowing a ton of NP on a really high level weapon.

One last bit of advice about training your stats. Movement, is only necessary for a few items, the most being required for the Heavy Robe of Thievery, which has a movement requirement of 201, to successfully steal a random item once per battle. The robe is currently NOT working. It says you stole an item, but it really doesn't happen right now. One more glitch for TNT to fix someday.

Good luck with your battling. :)

I got this cupcake, which was great, but it was also my neopets birthday yesterday & when I went to my lookup, no cupcake. 

So I submitted a ticket & neopets replied 'You have already claimed your cupcake, your health went up 5 points.' (Which it did, because I ate the NC Mall cupcake.) So I explained that it was the other cupcake I was asking about, and they just replied again - 'You have already claimed your cupcake'. 

Does anyone know if they still do the ordinary birthday cupcake? And if so, is there any point in trying to explain further or do I just chalk it up as an unfortunate coincidence? (And gosh, will it happen every year... I'd been looking forward to my birthday present :sad01_anim: .)

I got this cupcake, which was great, but it was also my neopets birthday yesterday & when I went to my lookup, no cupcake. 

So I submitted a ticket & neopets replied 'You have already claimed your cupcake, your health went up 5 points.' (Which it did, because I ate the NC Mall cupcake.) So I explained that it was the other cupcake I was asking about, and they just replied again - 'You have already claimed your cupcake'. 

Does anyone know if they still do the ordinary birthday cupcake? And if so, is there any point in trying to explain further or do I just chalk it up as an unfortunate coincidence? (And gosh, will it happen every year... I'd been looking forward to my birthday present :sad01_anim: .)

I'd at least try to submit another ticket about it but I'd prepare to chalk it up as a loss because well... they're incompetent . :/

I had a look at Zetria, and it looks like you're keeping her stats pretty well balanced. I'm a balanced battler myself, though presently my Peophin's strength is a bit ahead of the other stats. LOL

Anyway, since you mentioned that you're "pretty new" to battling, I thought I would link you to some of TDN Battlepedia's articles for beginners.

You don't HAVE to follow them, think of them more as guidelines and suggestions. ;)

This article has some suggestions for various levels of battling. It also explains the differences in the types of equipment.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/basic-weapon-sets/

This article is a somewhat recent one, MAYBE a year or two old. ;) It's a short one that follows a blue scorchio which includes links to other helpful articles in something of a story-like way.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/melida/

Here is the link to our articles index page, this lists and categorizes ALL the helpful battle articles.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/index/

Here's one more article, a short one, but VERY important. This article shows what are called "Boosts", and what numbers your training has to be in Strength and/or Defense to get to the next "boost level".

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/battle-strength-defense-boosts/

It's NOT as hard as it seems. Each boost, is really a Multiplier. If you wield a weapon that, for the sake of keeping this simple, does 10 icons of damage, and say your opponent doesn't have a shield that round so ALL 10 icons get through to them. At your current boost level, your multiplier is 1.25 So, 10 icons multiplied by a strength boost of 1.25 = 12.5, So you'll do 12 or 13 damage to your opponent. Of course, I say 12 or 13 because for some reason I can't recall if the BD rounds damage up or down. lol Probably because I should've been asleep hours ago.

Anyway, often times the best way to increase your damage is by training, instead of blowing a ton of NP on a really high level weapon.

One last bit of advice about training your stats. Movement, is only necessary for a few items, the most being required for the Heavy Robe of Thievery, which has a movement requirement of 201, to successfully steal a random item once per battle. The robe is currently NOT working. It says you stole an item, but it really doesn't happen right now. One more glitch for TNT to fix someday.

Good luck with your battling. :)

Oh thanks! I'll definitely read these, since I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to battling.

Oh thanks! I'll definitely read these, since I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to battling.

You're welcome. And hey, we all had to start from the beginning. ;) My first battle, I didn't know that you needed to equip weapons, since most games at that time had a "bare hands" way to fight, though I was unfamiliar with online games at the time. I lost my first battle because of that. Later I learned there were some species abilities unlocked at certain levels, but that was back in the old battledome. XD

Man in those days, 4-6 icon weapons would run you around 30k-40k. lol Now you can pick those up mostly on the uber-cheap. lol Good luck with your studying and battles!

You're welcome. And hey, we all had to start from the beginning. ;) My first battle, I didn't know that you needed to equip weapons, since most games at that time had a "bare hands" way to fight, though I was unfamiliar with online games at the time. I lost my first battle because of that. Later I learned there were some species abilities unlocked at certain levels, but that was back in the old battledome. XD

Man in those days, 4-6 icon weapons would run you around 30k-40k. lol Now you can pick those up mostly on the uber-cheap. lol Good luck with your studying and battles!

I remember playing Battledome back then (yes, I've been a noob for years) and never knowing what anything did. Just always using a Bone Sceptre and Scarab Ring, then clicking a random ability or "Jump attack" Eventually I gave up, but hey! I got a trophy out of it (Battledome Veteran)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (.Brianna.) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts on topic. This board is for the discussion of this year's first birthday cupcake as it relates to the battledome only. Please keep other discussions on the appropriate boards or use the private messenger if you prefer.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

LOL Right, those old action commands. Each had a different effect and trade value as to the damage you would do and the damage you would receive. Made things a bit more interesting imho. ;) Congrats on the trophy, :) I have one as well. :) I don't know what the criteria was for the trophy, or the levels (bronze, silver and gold) but I'm glad TNT gave us SOMETHING for our accomplishments in the old BD. xD

I hope they do more cupcakes like in this NC Mall birthday celebration in the future for other events, aside from our pets' birthdays. Stat increases are always nice. :)

LOL Right, those old action commands. Each had a different effect and trade value as to the damage you would do and the damage you would receive. Made things a bit more interesting imho. ;) Congrats on the trophy, :) I have one as well. :) I don't know what the criteria was for the trophy, or the levels (bronze, silver and gold) but I'm glad TNT gave us SOMETHING for our accomplishments in the old BD. xD

I hope they do more cupcakes like in this NC Mall birthday celebration in the future for other events, aside from our pets' birthdays. Stat increases are always nice. :)

Okay I found an article on the topic, apparently the type of trophy was dependent on your battle wins (and losses?) TNT released instructions to claim you trophy with this quote 

"Please make sure we have your username, as well as how many fights you've won in the old Battledome (so we can give you the proper trophy)."[/size]

So apparently it has something to do with your battle wins. (Hahaha, that explains why I only got bronze)[/size]

This post has been edited by a member of staff (.Brianna.) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts on topic. This board is for the discussion of this year's first birthday cupcake as it relates to the battledome only. Please keep other discussions on the appropriate boards or use the private messenger if you prefer.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.