Stupid Mystery Island Training

I just need to complain for a moment. I trained my main pet in the pirate academy up to level 40, so that she'd be safe from a level reset from the lab ray.

Then for some reason I put her into the Mystery Island Training School.

Now, two months later, the lab ray made her lose two levels. So I toddle off to the pirate academy(because I have an abundance of dubloons) only to be told she's enrolled in MITS.

And the payment they want is 1xMain Codestone(which I have) and TWO Eo Codestones.ONLY THE MOST EXPENSIVE OF THE BASIC CODESTONES, SO OBVIOUSLY THEY WANT TWO. GRRRRRR.

Oh, and I refer to her as a 'her', because she was a female, and was zapped male, but I still consider her to be a 'her'...just waiting for him to zap her back :)

I'm just irritated.

I`d be annoyed too, so you have a good grouse!

Same thing happened with two of my fosterlings - went for training at the Academy only to find they`d been enrolled in the MITS requiring a 4k codestone.

But, can someone tell me why anyone would choose expensive codestone training instead of the much cheaper dubloon version for pets under level 40?? Doesn`t make sense unless I`m missing something here?

I made the mistake of training all of my pet's stats to the same point, so I really just wasted a lot of time and money instead of raising each stat incrementally. I've found that a daily visit to the battledome for 10 or so fights does well to reward the necessary amount of codestones for mystery island training, so hopefully that can help you a little.

I made the mistake of training all of my pet's stats to the same point, so I really just wasted a lot of time and money instead of raising each stat incrementally. I've found that a daily visit to the battledome for 10 or so fights does well to reward the necessary amount of codestones for mystery island training, so hopefully that can help you a little.

I'll try that, thanks! I'm just not sure I'll do too well considering my "battle pet" is my jubjub with hp of 14! Lol :)

Otherwise I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and spend 12k per codestone *winces*

EDIT: BethJT, thank you SO much!!!! May every day be a good hair day, may you get all the traffic lights green, and may your enemies get fleas. I'm so grateful; thank you thank you thank you!!

I've won codestones from Chia Clown before, so it can be done!

Yeah I get Codestones from Chia Clown all the time!

I think most if not all of the Active 1-player opponents have pictures/names of the items they drop in their profiles now. I haven't looked at ALL the profiles, so I'm assuming that's the case. Though most if not all opponents give out codestones, red codestones and weak bottled faeries. And there may be some of the above-mentioned types of items not listed, if they aren't then that just means we're still working on confirming them instead of assuming they are. We want TDN's info to be tops for our members and non-members. :D But yeah, some of those opponents are really stingy, you know? lol

Here is the link to the BD opponents list(s). In case you want to try other opponents for codestone prizes. XD

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/oneplayer/index/

I prefer to stay away from the Lab Ray, I haven't even done the map for it. I'm quite content with my peophin as he is and as he's been as I've trained him over the years. Those stones mentioned are pricey, but if you battle for awhile and build up a large cache you can train much cheaper overall, at least cheaper than before the new Battledome came out. The only thing we got from the old BD was basically bragging rights. ;)

Dubloons have become pretty much super-cheap compared to the old days, they were usually cheaper than Codestones, but it was a closer price to what codestones were then. Codestones though, the regulars have pretty much stayed in the same price-range it seems over the years. The reds, well those have dropped in price astronomically thanks to the BD prizes. They were all unbuyable, even 1 when they were first released. I remember looking them up on the TP once... YIKES. I think some of them were under 100k by the time the new BD rolled out. But I think a couple weren't... Since I wasn't in the level range to use them at the time, I didn't look them up often. ;)

Ok, "history lesson" over. LOL I sometimes like reminiscing about the old days. :D

One last bit, if you're going to gamble on Levels, you could always visit Count Von Roo during the midnight-1am hour, you may win, or you may lose a level, or more if you go for doubles. ;)

Another way to go, that requires MUCH more patience, is that you MAY want to hold off the Lab until you're done training most of the stats and level. In other words train your stats and pass level 500 for the faerie abilities, then play with the lab. When level won't mean so much to you. Just keep it above 500 so you can use those last tier abilities. lol Of course that last one is not a choice for everyone.  Especially if they like the lab ray. lol But I mention it because it IS one course of action open to you. ;)

Whatever you decide, good luck with your training! And happy battling! :)

Try buying a Cursed Elixir and use it against the S750 Kreludan Defender Robot. It instantly kills him and you take no damage. I usually get quite a few codestones that way, which you could save for training.

Oh, and I refer to her as a 'her', because she was a female, and was zapped male, but I still consider her to be a 'her'...just waiting for him to zap her back :)

I can change her/his gender for you. If you get sick of waiting. NM me if interested

The Lab Ray is a useful training tool, if you don't care about your pet's species or color. It will help you gain HP way faster than training. As long as you keep your pet trainable, it's a great way to save some NP. You won't need to spend NP on HP and you will overall gain in strength, too, so you don't need to spend NP on that either.