[Daily] Trudy's Surprise

MysteryAF

• 1 year later...

Ok, so here we are again, clocks turned back and Trudy's is messed up yet again.  Thank goodness I wasn't at, or 1 day away from, 100k, but I feel for those of you who were.  They really need to fix that glitch.  I don't know much AT ALL (LOL) about coding, but I can't see that 1 hr makes THAT BIG of a difference.  I mean seriously, the world didn't end on Y2K, so why is 1 hr making everything go awry?  And honestly, isn't it time to do away with DST?  Leave the clocks alone.  Leave it on Standard time, like it is now, and live with it.  Sheesh, what in the world do people need daylight at 9pm for?  Mow your lawns at 7pm!  LOL.

I was at the 19k days, so i'm a bit bumbed that I get less free NP. Not complaining though, free np is free np, but I completely forgot Trudy's has this bug. I was wondering if I forgot a day, being fairly sure I checked it even an hour before midnight but starting to doubt myself. I'm glad I'm not going crazy (yet).

But yeah, the world should just get rid of DST, it doesn't have much value anymore. The world is basically a 24h economy anyways. And the worst, in my opinion, is that the normal time is only active for 5 months! It's not even half of the year that we get to live with a normal time.

DST never had any real value, even in the beginning.  It is also super dangerous, as it then puts people with messed up sleep patterns on the road, and a bunch of other issues.  Some areas have proposed bills to get rid of it (or in Alabama, to make it year round (so basically, move to EST non-daylight savings year round)) but nobody is actually doing anything about it.  Worst part is people like to blame it on farmers, but the farmers were actually the only group organized against it from the very beginning.  Because their work is by the daylight, and having everyone else change their clocks suddenly just messes them up more.

Daylight savings is silly, I propose every country just switching to the half hour directly between the 2 times and staying there year round, seems like a good compromise to me.

I also can't understand why this switch messes Trudy up. Obviously it's going to mess things up if you only have an hour in which to collect and the clocks go forward at the beginning of that hour, but why does it create a problem otherwise? All a total mystery to me!

When I collected it was getting towards midday for me, and the Neopian day starts at 8am in my neck of the woods, so the time you actually collect seems to be irrelevant, it's just because it's this actual time change day (time change in the US anyway, our clocks went back last Sunday).

I guess it boils down to Neo's server not liking daylight savings any more than anyone else? :laugh:

The logic for the DST is that, people need daylight/sunshine for their health and well being (vitamin D, Etc.).  They say that more people are active in the evening than in the morning, so it makes sense to have more daylight in the afternoon/Evening.  They have even proposed moving the Eastern time zone back one time zone (I am not sure if they move all of them-in the U.S-back one, so central would go to eastern time, mountain to central time, pacific to mountain) and do away with DST.  The problem is, in the winter, the children would be going to school in pitch darkness.  I don't know where they get their statistics from, but kids are going to school and people are going to work in the morning.  They aren't doing yard work in the winter up North, and down south, it still stays light longer than up North because they are closer to the sun.  So I don't see a problem with leaving the clocks on standard (REAL) time. 

As for Neopia, they really had to get in on DST too. :hmmph::who-let-rip:LOL.  

The summer time is DST, not the winter time.  DST is basically going forward one time zone, so central to eastern, not eastern to central.  The summer has plenty of daylight to last well into the evening.  There's no need for it to be sunny until 9pm.  And it actually makes some summer activities more difficult, like fireworks and drive in theaters, which require darkness before they can start.

I'll admit I've got NO problem with longer evenings in the summer, lol, it's losing an hour of daylight during the winter that I hate.

If the clocks didn't go back in the Spring, around mid-summer's day it would be getting light here at about 3am D:<

So I now say, the UK should stay on British "Summer" time all the time. But change its name to Greenwich Mean Time because that's too iconic a thing to get rid of, lol. :ph34r:

Yeah, I think there are a lot of areas, particularly the eastern edge of a time zone, that would rather just be forward all year.  Alabama has proposed keeping DST all year.  Because around Alabama in the winter by the time it's 4pm, you have the sunset blinding you as you try to drive home, and by 5 it's just completely dark.

• 2 months later...

I was wondering if anyone ever got five of a kind on Trudy's Surprise yet. 

On 1/11/2018 at 7:36 AM, Duma said:

Max I've had is 3 of a kind. (5 is kinda hard when there are only 4 slots though ;)

I had 2 of a kind today.

lol! I am such a dork. I can see it being extremely impossible for a 5 of a kind. 

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, acmerasta said:

I thought I was going crazy. I got that random reset 2 weeks ago and I knew I didn't miss a day. I also noticed that even though I had played, the notification at the top of the screen didn't disappear. Somehow, the spin wasn't recorded or something...

that could be what happened to me !

but it happened just before reset day so i'm not even mad

• 10 months later...

I got the 100K and the Trudy avatar!

I've been saving up for an island koi morphing potion. I could buy it now, but I'm still going to save and just keep the 100K in my bank. Don't want to spend my prize (yet)!

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Angeló said:

Got this from Trudy today

Its a cool item to wear

Feel like a true Tyrannian with this body paint!
Tyrannian Tribal Body Paint

I got one of those a few cycles back, sold mine :D

Value's dropping a lot now so it seems more people have been actually winning it now! Fairly sure I sold mine for 18k.

• 3 years later...