How Is This Possible?

Bodhi

Last night, I got into the silver trophy section of a game, and I decided to look up the player whom I'd knocked into bronze place.

From their page:

Currently intensely practising Freaky Factory and Meerca Chase. Oh Haunted Shootery and Invasion of Meridell, what happened? 

01/06/15 25 Golds 
03/06/15 50 Golds 
Completed Neoquest II Normal 11/7/15 :P

The player only started playing NP on May 2, 2015. Though they say they have been on and off NP since 2004.

So how is this possible? So many golds in such a short time? o__o

I always wonder about those things too, but I guess it is possible that they have been on and off since 2004 because I started my account in 2008.  I liked playing all of the word type games, word poker, spell seeker, work pyramid, spell or starve, etc. you get the idea.  Anyway, for a couple of years I liked playing games and feeding my pets, then I had, well, um, a real life.  Luckily I guess I logged in enough here and there to keep my accounts from being purged.  However, if I hadn't, and I had to get a new account, I would have been able to get a trophy in those games the first day I opened my account.  So, when I look at newbie accounts with a lot of trophies, I try to give them the benefit of the doubt that even though their accounts are new, they are probably not really newbies.  However, that is a lot of trophies.

I think June might have been the first trophy reset in months, and many people had stopped playing for it. There are a number of "easy" golds, but that is still a lot to get very quickly. It's possible, but not probable. Even really great gamers that I know only managed to get a few golds during the June and July resets (though they already had most of the easy ones). So... I'm skeptical.

Then again, someone trying to rebuild is much more determined than someone with an older account. A friend who had gotten her very old main frozen rebuilt with a second account, and was accused of cheating because of how quickly she got trophies (thankfully, TNT listened to her side of things and realized that she really could get them that quickly -- especially since she was playing a lot after medical issues sidelined her -- the motivation for her return). But she didn't get 50 trophies in 3 days!