Did You Ever Wonder About This?

Bodhi

Why are the various areas of Neopia known as "worlds" and not "countries" or "lands"? Surely "worlds" would imply they are on planets of their own and not a physical part of a single one. If you look at Neopia, it looks like OUR world in that it has oceans and land masses. 

I think about weird stuff when on Neopets. Hahaha!

I'm not quite sure what's called a "world" (besides Jelly World) or where; on the main map, it calls them lands:

These are the lands that have been discovered so far.

Just look at their names: Darigan Citadel, Krawk Island, Mystery Island, Brightvale, Faerieland... They mostly sound like lands, not worlds. I suppose Kreludor and Virtupets could be considered separate "worlds." Jelly World... well, that doesn't even exist, so of course it's a whole other world.

Back in the very early days (before I joined), there was no map. You had to use totems to get to ("the") Mystery Island. So maybe some very early pages that haven't been updated still call them worlds instead of lands, because no one realized they were all on the same planet...

It's quite odd. Only reason I noticed was because when you're in the Games Room, you can search by World. And their are World Challenges.

It's quite odd. Only reason I noticed was because when you're in the Games Room, you can search by World. And their are World Challenges.

Maybe they like to call it worlds because they're very diverse and unique? And maybe Neopia is one giant planet and the worlds on it are planets themselves? No, wait, that makes no sense.. argh! This puzzles me >x<

As for the world challenges, maybe its called that because the world will recognize you when you complete it..?

You have very good points.