Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Pikky126

Neopian Life

Recommended Posts

Okay, I assume it comes as no surprise that the roleplaying forum is, and has been, dead for a very long time. I personally, absolutely adore roleplaying, therefore when I saw there was an entire forum of Neopets themed forums, I was so excited! However, it was entirely retired. I propose a new roleplay.

 

THIS TOPIC MAY CONTAIN CONTENT THAT IS UNSUITABLE FOR YOUNG VIEWERS. BEFORE VIEWING THIS PAGE PLEASE ASK YOUR PARENTS PERMISSION IF YOU ARE YOUNG.

 

RULES:

The obvious:

As per forum rules, state any out-of-character statements (i.e. something you're adding as a side note, not something your character is saying.)

No murder:

No killing other characters (Unless cleared with the Dungeon Master, I.E. Me)

Applications:

Please send all applications to me through a private message, this is only to keep this forum clean and pretty.

Controversy? Oh my!

If you want to do something that you think may be too much, or too controversial, just message me and ask first.

Who can I play as?

You must play as a creature of the Neopian world, this could be a Neopet, or a Faerie, or mix it up! Play as a petpet.

So like, I'm god right?

All things you do must be within the realm of Neopian logic.

Advanced tech is obviously allowed, but you must have a background.

Magic is obviously allowed, but you must have a background.

This game is set in the existent Neopets world. Most faeries live in faerieland, faerieland is still on the ground. Neopets have owners (Think of it less as an owner, more as a legal guardian. In this roleplay neopets are not so much of pets, they're more like children to their owners. But then again, that's probably how most cool people play Neopets anyways.)

Remember your limitations:

A faerie probably can generally not lift as much as a skeith. Meepits can crawl in small spaces, but they're easily defeated. etc. Do not make yourself overpowered. Remember, that playing as a weaker character can be fun too! You don't need to have all the strongest things in order to play, just enjoy the story.

Keep it PG or keep it off the Roleplay:

TDN is a Neopets forum. Kids play Neopets. Keep it PG please.

If you must bend the limits of PG, please do so in a private message with me, I will then post a summary on this topic for everyone to see)

 

I will not have an opening post on this comment, as I am waiting for applicants. But if you want a teaser to whet your appetite for roleplaying, here goes.

 

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING ADVENTURE TO TAKE PART IN?

DO YOU CRAVE HIGH EXCITEMENT? ACTION? ADVENTURE? MYSTERY? DANGER? SUSPENSE? ROMANCE? SWORD-FIGHTING? LASERS? SHEEP? MOUSEPADS? AND DRAGONS? THEN THIS TOPIC MIGHT BE FOR YOU!

SIGN UP TODAY FOR YOUR CHANCE TO PARTAKE IN THE MOST EPIC ADVENTURE ON THE ROLEPLAYING BOARDS IN ALL TIME! OR AT LEAST THE MOST EPIC ADVENTURE SINCE DECEMBER 2014

REGARDLESS

SIGN UP TODAY

 

EDIT: Regarding PetpetpetsOkay, I'm going to go ahead and say that as a general rule of thumb, petpetpets are closer to instinct. They don't have a lot of thinking or free will, but they do have a little bit. Sometimes they'll have preferences and whatnot, but generally just a more animal sense of "eat, sleep, poop, eat." But they can still decide where they'd rather sleep or eat or poop. Just as how Petpets can only be understood by Neopets, Petpetpets can only be understood by petpets. I for see many games of broken telephone, and many confused Faeries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sitting on a low-hanging branch of a leafy beech tree that hung over the side of the town square, Flutter pondered her current situation.  'Well I've escaped the Petpet shop for now, thank goodness, but that green Uzul may wise up to that at any moment, especially since I didn't think I had the time to attempt to latch the cage again.'  Letting out a breath of relief at being free from a cage again, the Whoot fluffed her brown feathers against a breeze that shifted the branch she was perched upon slightly.  Narrowing her eyes in thought, she figured that her escape would be detected within minutes, and unfurled and lifted her wings in preparation to fly off, hopefully back in the direction of the Haunted Woods.  Unfortunately, the cage the poachers had used to transport her was covered and stacked among other Petpets' they had 'acquired,' and she did not have a clue as to which direction to fly.  Lifting off anyways, she circled Neopia Central trying to find some sort of map. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sitting on a low-hanging branch of a leafy beech tree that hung over the side of the town square, Flutter pondered her current situation. 'Well I've escaped the Petpet shop for now, thank goodness, but that green Uzul may wise up to that at any moment, especially since I didn't think I had the time to attempt to latch the cage again.' Letting out a breath of relief at being free from a cage again, the Whoot fluffed her brown feathers against a breeze that shifted the branch she was perched upon slightly. Narrowing her eyes in thought, she figured that her escape would be detected within minutes, and unfurled and lifted her wings in preparation to fly off, hopefully back in the direction of the Haunted Woods. Unfortunately, the cage the poachers had used to transport her was covered and stacked among other Petpets' they had 'acquired,' and she did not have a clue as to which direction to fly. Lifting off anyways, she circled Neopia Central trying to find some sort of map.

A small voice appears behind you. "so... You're looking for the haunted woods I suppose? Maybe I could help you. I know the way there, and I'd be more than willing to give you a map... For a price."

Glancing in the direction of the voice you see it: A Fairy Meepit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ooc: So they're both just randomly flying above Neopia Central and no one notices?  Lol.  Also Meepits apparently now read thoughts O.O

 

Startled badly, Flutter squawks and almost stalls, then flaps giddily to regain her altitude, swerving around to face the Meepit in the process.  'How'd the Meepit know that?!' she demanded of herself, before addressing the Faerie Petpet.  "What buisness dooes a Faerie have in the Haunted Woooods?" she stated, eyes narrowing, "And what woould the 'price' you speak oof be?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ooc: So they're both just randomly flying above Neopia Central and no one notices?  Lol.  Also Meepits apparently now read thoughts O.O

 

Startled badly, Flutter squawks and almost stalls, then flaps giddily to regain her altitude, swerving around to face the Meepit in the process.  'How'd the Meepit know that?!' she demanded of herself, before addressing the Faerie Petpet.  "What buisness does a Faerie have in the Haunted Woods?" she stated, eyes narrowing, "And what would the 'price' you speak of be?"

The Meepit giggles slightly.

"Well, my reasons for being in the Haunted Woods are my own. And as for the price, nothing big at all." At this the Meepit giggles a little bit more. "I merely need for you to let me pet you for a few seconds. You have such a beautiful coat of feathers, and it has been so long since I've felt anything soft." The Meepit gestures to a map in it's paw, "What do you say?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Meepit giggles slightly.

"Well, my reasons for being in the Haunted Woods are my own. And as for the price, nothing big at all." At this the Meepit giggles a little bit more. "I merely need for you to let me pet you for a few seconds. You have such a beautiful coat of feathers, and it has been so long since I've felt anything soft." The Meepit gestures to a map in it's paw, "What do you say?"

An odd expression crosses Flutter's face as she considers the offer.  The giggling was starting to freak her out a little and if she wasn't somewhat desperate for the map, she would probably just have flown away as soon as possible. 

 

She glances at the Meepit's paws, looking first to the map, which, as her inner cynicism told her, may not even be to the right place, in the same language, or even contain a map at all.  One could never be too careful.  She could not make out anything written on the parchment, as it was tightly rolled and held in the Faerie Meepit's paw.  Not noticing any visual cues from the Petpet that would point to deception, nor any thing else it could be carrying, she stiffened and nodded sharply, muttering, "Fine, let's get this oover with."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An odd expression crosses Flutter's face as she considers the offer.  The giggling was starting to freak her out a little and if she wasn't somewhat desperate for the map, she would probably just have flown away as soon as possible. 

 

She glances at the Meepit's paws, looking first to the map, which, as her inner cynicism told her, may not even be to the right place, in the same language, or even contain a map at all.  One could never be too careful.  She could not make out anything written on the parchment, as it was tightly rolled and held in the Faerie Meepit's paw.  Not noticing any visual cues from the Petpet that would point to deception, nor any thing else it could be carrying, she stiffened and nodded sharply, muttering, "Fine, let's get this oover with."

The Meepit reacts with incredible glee, and quickly flies forward. The Meepit hands you the map then flies behind you and rubs a paw over your body. You feel a slight pain on your back, quickly turning around the Meepit is gone completely. 

Unrolling the map you see that it is incredibly detailed, perhaps weirdly detailed. It dictates the houses of each and every Neopian, and even shows every shop and has notes on who works there. A red arrow pointing in the exact direction of the Brain Tree catches your eye, the map is written showing your exact location and even the direction you were facing at the time the Meepit showed up. 

On the top right of the map it reads in big bold font "30 minutes. Move fast."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Meepit reacts with incredible glee, and quickly flies forward. The Meepit hands you the map then flies behind you and rubs a paw over your body. You feel a slight pain on your back, quickly turning around the Meepit is gone completely. 

Unrolling the map you see that it is incredibly detailed, perhaps weirdly detailed. It dictates the houses of each and every Neopian, and even shows every shop and has notes on who works there. A red arrow pointing in the exact direction of the Brain Tree catches your eye, the map is written showing your exact location and even the direction you were facing at the time the Meepit showed up. 

On the top right of the map it reads in big bold font "30 minutes. Move fast."

"Well that was...odd," she mumbles as she opens the scroll of parchment.

Mildly horrified by this sequence of events, Flutter shudders as she looks at the map, her feathers prickling between her wings, but out of sight, even when she turns her head towards her back.  'So much detail that Meepit, or anyone for that matter, has no buisness knowing to that degree.  I must keep this safe...but that time span is worrying, I may not be able to fly that fast for that far,' she thought, frowning. 

Worried by the 'timer' she has been put under, the Whoot quickly scans the map and clenches it tightly in her front right claw, crumpling it slightly unconsciously in unease, she speeds off as quickly as she can towards the south-southwest as the map pointed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mild

 

"Well that was...odd," she mumbles as she opens the scroll of parchment.

Mildly horrified by this sequence of events, Flutter shudders as she looks at the map, her feathers prickling between her wings, but out of sight, even when she turns her head towards her back.  'So much detail that Meepit, or anyone for that matter, has no buisness knowing to that degree.  I must keep this safe...but that time span is worrying, I may not be able to fly that fast for that far,' she thought, frowning. 

Worried by the 'timer' she has been put under, the Whoot quickly scans the map and clenches it tightly in her front right claw, crumpling it slightly unconsciously in unease, she speeds off as quickly as she can towards the south-southwest as the map pointed. 

You arrive at the Haunted Woods, and look at the map again. In the corner it reads "10 seconds" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After that quick glance at the map, your eyes widen and you drop it to the ground five feet below you, wary of what the timer is referring to.  As if on cue, the parchment fades from a pale yellow to a dark one, to brown then to black near the center, spreading slowly towards the corners.  Landing a good distance from the map, Flutter glares at the paper, believing it cursed in some fashion.  A faint hissing is heard from the map before a new timer appears, this one white on the blackened parchment, reading 15 seconds. 

 

Getting a distinctly bad feeling about this, the Whoot swiftly decides that discretion is the better part of valor and launches her tired body back into the sky, boosted by fear-based adrenalin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After that quick glance at the map, your eyes widen and you drop it to the ground five feet below you, wary of what the timer is referring to.  As if on cue, the parchment fades from a pale yellow to a dark one, to brown then to black near the center, spreading slowly towards the corners.  Landing a good distance from the map, Flutter glares at the paper, believing it cursed in some fashion.  A faint hissing is heard from the map before a new timer appears, this one white on the blackened parchment, reading 15 seconds. 

 

Getting a distinctly bad feeling about this, the Whoot swiftly decides that discretion is the better part of valor and launches her tired body back into the sky, boosted by fear-based adrenalin. 

The timer ticks.

15

14

13

Fear clouds you mind

12

11

10

You glance down at the Haunted Woods you are leaving behind.

9

8

7

A deep sound comes from the Haunted Woods

6

5

4

You're gaze is inexplicably drawn to the Brain Tree.

3

A bolt of lighting shoots and lands behind the Brain Tree

2

The Brain Tree screams in fear and swings blindly behind him

1

With as much speed as could be imagined you witness an odd indescribable creature ripping limbs off of the Brain Tree. You recall tales of The Beast That Lurks Behind the Tree, never had it been this violent. The Brain Tree cries out in pain as multiple lashes burst upon it. Limbs fly off in all directions and you begin to fear it is entirely lost. The townsfolk scream in fear running away, even the Esophagor tries to escape. 

 

In your ear you hear the familiar voice of the Meepit whispering, "You should have moved faster"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The timer ticks.

15

14

13

Fear clouds you mind

12

11

10

You glance down at the Haunted Woods you are leaving behind.

9

8

7

A deep sound comes from the Haunted Woods

6

5

4

You're gaze is inexplicably drawn to the Brain Tree.

3

A bolt of lighting shoots and lands behind the Brain Tree

2

The Brain Tree screams in fear and swings blindly behind him

1

With as much speed as could be imagined you witness an odd indescribable creature ripping limbs off of the Brain Tree. You recall tales of The Beast That Lurks Behind the Tree, never had it been this violent. The Brain Tree cries out in pain as multiple lashes burst upon it. Limbs fly off in all directions and you begin to fear it is entirely lost. The townsfolk scream in fear running away, even the Esophagor tries to escape. 

 

In your ear you hear the familiar voice of the Meepit whispering, "You should have moved faster"

0

Flutter almost plummets as her wings lock in place.  She is both desperate to flee and to land, to...to at least find out what has happened to her closest and only friend.  Torn by indecision.  The Whoot lands, dazed and shaking slightly.  In the back of her mind, some remnant of her mind notes that the Meepit spoke to her in a chiding tone, as if she should have done better, nay, that she was somehow responsible for the tragedy by not finishing the 'race' before the timer ended.  As the Humans, Neopets, Petpets, and Petpetpets fled the scene past her, one almost trampling over her, the Whoot stares ahead blankly, not comprehending anything, wings dead at her sides.  She is blind to all but the horror of what lies ahead of her.  Her short stature is the only thing that keeps her from being trampled underfoot as the townsfolk stampede past, around and over her. 

-1

Suddenly, with a violent jerk and a piercing keen, the Whoot lunges into the sky once more, hoping, even praying, that she may find something.  Barring that, the Petpet vows to do all she can against the Beast, little as that will be.  Muscles already burning with overuse and fatigue, she flies through the pain towards the tree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

0

Flutter almost plummets as her wings lock in place.  She is both desperate to flee and to land, to...to at least find out what has happened to her closest and only friend.  Torn by indecision.  The Whoot lands, dazed, shaking slightly.  In the back of her mind, some remnant of her mind notes that the Meepit spoke to her in a chiding tone, as if she should have done better, nay, that she was somehow responsible for the tragedy by not finishing the 'race' before the timer ended.  As the Humans, Neopets, Petpets, and Petpetpets fled the scene past her, one almost trampling over her, the Whoot stares ahead blankly, not comprehending anything, wings dead at her sides.  She is blind to all but the horror of what lies ahead of her.  Her short stature is the only thing that keeps her from being trampled underfoot as the townsfolk stampede past, around and over her. 

-1

Suddenly, with a violent jerk and a piercing keen, the Whoot lunges into the sky once more, hoping, even praying, that she may find something.  Barring that, the Petpet vows to do all she can against the Beast, little as that will be.  Muscles already burning with overuse and fatigue, she flies through the pain towards the tree.

A Zebba mysteriously appears flying next to you, shouting in the wind "Do you think you can do anything?! Do you think you have power?! YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE" It flies away into the wind

 

The Brain Tree moans and screams "FLUTTER! GO FIND SOPHIE! MAYBE SHE CAN HELP!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Zebba mysteriously appears flying next to you, shouting in the wind "Do you think you can do anything?! Do you think you have power?! YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE" It flies away into the wind

 

The Brain Tree moans and screams "FLUTTER! GO FIND SOPHIE! MAYBE SHE CAN HELP!"

 

Completely ignoring the Zebba and blinking hard against the headwind and her own tears, Flutter shrieks, "I WILL, YOOU BETTER HOOLD OON BRAIN TREE OOR I- I'LL KICK YOOUR ROTTEN TRUNK SOO HARD YOOU'LL FEEL IT IN THE AFTERLIFE!"  Banking sharply, she swoops over to Sophie the witch's shack.  Nearly collapsing in front of the green Ixi, the physically and emotionally exhausted Petpet gasps out, "Beast...struck the Brain Tree...he's hurt...it's really bad...you've goot to help him!  He'll die!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Completely ignoring the Zebba and blinking hard against the headwind and her own tears, Flutter shrieks, "I WILL, YOOU BETTER HOOLD OON BRAIN TREE OOR I- I'LL KICK YOOUR ROTTEN TRUNK SOO HARD YOOU'LL FEEL IT IN THE AFTERLIFE!"  Banking sharply, she swoops over to Sophie the witch's shack.  Nearly collapsing in front of the green Ixi, the physically and emotionally exhausted Petpet gasps out, "Beast...struck the Brain Tree...he's hurt...it's really bad...you've goot to help him!  He'll die!"

Sophie stands there impatiently with a hand on her hip. "I was told you would be here earlier. "In 30 minutes" They said. Now what was it? The Beast? That's what this is about? Well... I've had a bad experience with the Brain Tree. Why should I help him?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sophie stands there impatiently with a hand on her hip. "I was told you would be here earlier. "In 30 minutes" They said. Now what was it? The Beast? That's what this is about? Well... I've had a bad experience with the Brain Tree. Why should I help him?"

 

Counting slowly to three to help calm her initial spike of anger, she let out a deep breath.  Exploding at the Ixi would not help her situation.  So Sophie had known.  Of course, the witch had an uncanny ability to figure these things out along with an extensive contact network.  Flutter closed her eyes briefly before looking up at the Neopet looming above her.  Somewhat reluctantly, recalling her previous 'deal' with those whom knew much more than they should, she replied in a carefully measured tone, "I realize yoou and the Tree have noot had...the best oof relatioonships.  Hoowever there is a life at risk and I am willing too strike a deal foor your help and assistance with the situatioon at hand.  What woould yoou like?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She sighs "I would like you to show up on time. Alright. Fine, I'll help you, but don't think it is because I like you, or the Brain Tree." She grumbles and walks back into her hut to make a potion.

 

She walks back a few minutes later and hands you a bottle. "Here" she says "Pour this on the Brain Tree and it should perk him up. As for The Beast, I'd say your best bet is to try to wait it out if you can. If that isn't an option then we really only have one other option..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She sighs "I would like you to show up on time. Alright. Fine, I'll help you, but don't think it is because I like you, or the Brain Tree." She grumbles and walks back into her hut to make a potion.

 

She walks back a few minutes later and hands you a bottle. "Here" she says "Pour this on the Brain Tree and it should perk him up. As for The Beast, I'd say your best bet is to try to wait it out if you can. If that isn't an option then we really only have one other option..."

 

Pleasantly surprised that she did not jump on her offer, Flutter gingerly accepts the potion with a gracious dip of her head.  "Thank yoou Soophie foor yoour assistance.  I will return as soooon as there is time too infoorm yoou oof the situatioon oone way oor anoother." 

 

With that she lifted off and winged back over to the Brain Tree and landed softly, careful not to spill or disturb the potion, as Sophie's concoctions were known to be occasionally explosive.  Happy to not see The Beast That Lurks Behind The Tree about, she hopped over to the trunk of the tree, chirping, "This is froom Soophie, Brain Tree, and she says that it'll help yoou feel better," as she distributed the solution as directed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Brain Tree sat entirely still. There was almost now reaction as the potion seeped through his tattered and smashed remains, with a little energy regained he glances at you. "It isn't gone. It isn't even sleeping. The Beast is still roaming around the Haunted Woods..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Brain Tree sat entirely still. There was almost now reaction as the potion seeped through his tattered and smashed remains, with a little energy regained he glances at you. "It isn't gone. It isn't even sleeping. The Beast is still roaming around the Haunted Woods..."

 

Flutter grimaced at that, and shook her feathers lightly, causing a few of the displaced ones to realign.  "What can I doo aboout that?" she muttered, bitterly, "I barely can fly acrooss a small sectioon oof Neoopia befoore I am in this state here, barely fending ooff uncoonscoousness."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I do not know" He sighed, "Maybe all is just lost." He gazed off into the distance. "I must rest now. Perhaps you will find something to do."

 

Behind you, you hear a voice speak smoothly. "You look troubled. Perhaps I can help you." He lifts up a bottle, "This is a cure for everything that ails you, and it has been proven to give you whatever you desire. I only ask a small bit of pocket change for it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stiffening and turning her head to face the merchant, she narrows her eyes.  "That better noot be Hissi Ooil," she rumbled softly.

The tired Whoot mantles her wings slightly, as if in preparation to strike, before relaxing a tad.  

"A moooot pooint I suppoose, doo yoou see any neoopooints oon me?  I have noothing."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stiffening and turning her head to face the merchant, she narrows her eyes.  "That better noot be Hissi Ooil," she rumbled softly.

The tired Whoot mantles her wings slightly, as if in preparation to strike, before relaxing a tad.  

"A moooot pooint I suppoose, doo yoou see any neoopooints oon me?  I have noothing."

He smiles and relaxes a bit. "Oh that's fine too, hmm..." He thinks for a moment. "I know" he says "Why not just give me a pretty rock for my rock collection?" He reaches out the bottle waiting for you to get him a rock.

 

Around you lies the rubble of many buildings, and other random rocks everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Whoot gives the bottle an strange look before rolling her eyes and nodding.  'Fine, may as well I suppose, at the least it should make him leave and not cost me anything,' she thought as she walked over towards the ruins, hoping that he realized that as a small Petpet, he couldn't expect anything much larger than a softball, as it would be too heavy for her to carry. 

 

Keeping a wary eye out for potential dangers and haunts, as she had no desire to make her task harder, Flutter poked around the rock piles, which all appeared rather similar to her.  'Who in their right mind collects rocks?' she wondered while searching.  'Then again, some Neopets even collect Dung items, so I suppose it could be worse...'

Turning around a large stone wall, she spotted a small rounded rock with an interesting crack along it's side that ran along most of the stone and spider-webbed outward. 

Picking it up and twisting it around to give it a critical look, which it apparently passed, she decided that this was good enough and began to head back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Krawk smiles at you and takes the rock from you. "Why thank you, little petpet" He gingerly hands you the bottle. "Just drink this whole bottle and then take a rest. Tomorrow you will have enough strength to vanquish The Beast with absolutely no problem." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...