Windows 10

Munchies

Out of curiosity, who is updating to Windows 10?? If you are what are you looking forward to and what are you dreading?

I'm looking forward to the new browser, even though I'm an avid Chrome user. I'm also looking forward to the start menu coming back. However I fear that my games (sims 3 and skyrim) won't work because of compatibility issues, but I've read that there shouldn't be any problems.

I'm updating as well! I'm just excited for a change to be honest. I've had windows 7 for so long and didn't upgrade to 8 because it was so different. But windows 10 looks familiar. Hopefully it runs as smoothly as 7 does and there aren't any awful glitches or anything! :)

I want to check out Windows 10, but I have to get a new computer in order to upgrade. I have 8 and I get messages saying to upgrade to 8.1, but when I click to get, it says my computer is not compatible. I gotta save up my money. I really liked 7, 8 is frustrating, but I am just wondering, what happened to 9? Hopefully 10 will be good. I'm also glad they are bringing back the start menu and the photo features look cool.

I'm updating as well! I'm just excited for a change to be honest. I've had windows 7 for so long and didn't upgrade to 8 because it was so different. But windows 10 looks familiar. Hopefully it runs as smoothly as 7 does and there aren't any awful glitches or anything! :)

I definitely prefer 7 over 8.1 because there's less problems. It's also easier to run emulators on 7, I tried with 8 and 8.1 and it wasn't working out too well. 

I'll just sit here in the cobwebby corner with Vista :ph34r: Shows the age of my laptop, doesn't it? When is 10 coming out? I potentially might get a new laptop later this year, so I'll be reading people's opinions of 10 with interest.

I'll just sit here in the cobwebby corner with Vista :ph34r: Shows the age of my laptop, doesn't it? When is 10 coming out? I potentially might get a new laptop later this year, so I'll be reading people's opinions of 10 with interest.

10 comes out today (July 29) but it's being released in waves. 

Seen a couple of ads for it today now :yes: Good ad, got to say, will be interesting to see if it lives up to its own hype!

Windows 10?! Back in my day Windows 7 was the newest one, haha.

I'm gonna stick with windows 7 :p

I remember people being excited for Windows 7 because they all hated Vista, then them all hating 7 even more :laughingsmiley:

I MISS XP! xD

For those of you who are upgrading to Windows 10, be sure to set your own settings and not choose the Recommended Settings. Apparently the recommended settings set your computer to share your browsing data and network along with others. Not exactly how true that is, but best to set your own settings and take the time to have your computer set the way you want it. :)

For those of you who are upgrading to Windows 10, be sure to set your own settings and not choose the Recommended Settings. Apparently the recommended settings set your computer to share your browsing data and network along with others. Not exactly how true that is, but best to set your own settings and take the time to have your computer set the way you want it. :)

I just upgraded a few minutes ago and used their settings. I'm assuming we can change them under control panel or pc settings??

I bought a new HP laptop this spring with windows 7 professional. Over the last month or so I've been getting the pop ups to 'pre-reserve' and it's been telling me how it's completely free to upgrade for my machine, but as an earlier poster said I'm worried that it will wipe my computer when it installs so I'm hesitant to do it that way. I think the look of it seems familiar enough that I would be fine transitioning otherwise, and I'm looking forward to the virtual desktops feature!

I just upgraded a few minutes ago and used their settings. I'm assuming we can change them under control panel or pc settings??

Apparently you have to install some other program that allows you to share your wifi access with people on your friends/buddy list so that when they're in your house they can connect to your wifi and you don't have to share/give out your password.

You most likely should be able to change your settings under the control panel or wherever holds that information. I've converted to Mac, so my Windows knowledge is next to nothing now lol. I just came across that tidbit and thought I'd share so that anyone upgrading could research it and be informed. Sorry for any misunderstanding/confusion. :)

Apparently you have to install some other program that allows you to share your wifi access with people on your friends/buddy list so that when they're in your house they can connect to your wifi and you don't have to share/give out your password.

You most likely should be able to change your settings under the control panel or wherever holds that information. I've converted to Mac, so my Windows knowledge is next to nothing now lol. I just came across that tidbit and thought I'd share so that anyone upgrading could research it and be informed. Sorry for any misunderstanding/confusion. :)

Hmm I'll have to read more about that program... After some navigating, I think I finally managed to change those settings. 10 is completely different that 8.1, which I'm happy about but it's still taking some time to get used to. 

I grew up with Mac computers, I really like them. I'm not entirely sure why I chose a PC over a Mac.