Anyone else struggle to spend neopoints?

I definitely do. I don't even know what I'm hoarding all the NP for- I bet if I eventually found something worth spending it on, I would have such a hard time parting with the NP I wouldn't even buy it. I always tell myself I'm saving for dubloons, but I've been here for so long without Smuggler's Cove opening, it all seems for naught. So I just continue saving- and it's a vicious cycle.

I do a reasonable amount of splurging, but I still make sure my bank acct is thousands higher at the end of the day. I totally understand the whole saving up thing and then not wanting to spend it. The way i get around it is I usually over save by a few million and then when I buy what i wanted, I still have millions in the bank and I'm not broke.

I honestly have no idea but there has been so much inflation that a million neopoints isn't really worth much anymore. I guess a good amt of neopoints would be like 5 mil?? But I've got no clue how many people have that much :/

Yeah, same case for me. I feel like even though when I can afford a Water Paint Brush, I won't buy it until I get to twice the amount and so on and so forth. Kinda cyclical. My splurging spending limit tends to be a little less than 100k, so the PB just feels like too much of a splurge to me, haha.

Does anyone know what an average bank balance is like? I thought I had a fair amount of NP, but now I'm questioning it.

I don't think there is an AVERAGE bank balance.  Obviously older accounts might have more nps than newer accounts and accounts with larger shops would as well.  It all depends upon on how you play the game.

I was saving for a Faerie Lutari Morphing Potion, but now that I have enough, I can't part with all my NP.  :(

Same here.  I was saving for a great battledome weapon.  I have WAY more than enough for it, but I feel that if I buy it, I will have build my bank account up again.  I don't know why that is such a big deal to me, but it is.  I keep saying, "I will get my balance a little bit higher" but the higher I go, is still not good enough :sad01_anim: .

I have lots of NP sitting in my bank, but I can't bring myself to buy anything over 10k NP. Anyone else do this?

It was a LOT easier when we had habi.  At level 50, and knowing exactly how to get my habi to make purple gems constantly, I would play slots and go collect gems when I needed more NPs.  Without habi, it seems like my bank account increase is much slower.  Maybe Trudy's surprise will help a little bit.  It is less work than habi.

Yes, this is me. There are a few things I would like that are around 2 mil. I told myself that once I reached 5 mil and upgraded my account then I would buy it, but I can't get myself to do it. Now I've told myself I'll wait until the next upgrade, and so on. Basically, if something is under 1 mil, and I can justify spending that much, then I have no problem. But I hardly ever just buy stuff without thinking it through. Fortunately, this trait carries over in real life, too.

This is a huge struggle for me. I used to spend NP whenever the mood struck me, but when I decided I wanted a draik and started saving for the egg (Back when they cost about 12 million), I saved every single NP I earned until I could buy the egg.

Now, I can't seem to break the habit. I will occasionally go on a spending spree, whether it's gifts for friends, wearables, stamps, but then I go back to NP hoarding mode for a long time.

The Draik MPs are worth around 400k nowadays. At least the Pirate one is. I'm not sure about the others.

But I also hoard my NPs. Although I don't have that much of a problem with buying something if I want it. I usually just don't want anything xD 

I used to earn money with KQ and some with Habi. And I also buy and resell stuff.

I used to want a Draik, but then I realised that they were a bit overpriced. Has the price gone down enough to buy one?

Oh, absolutely! You can get a Pirate Draik Egg these days for about 300k or even less sometimes! Times really have changed. I used to gawk at users with multiple Draik or Krawk pets. Now it's fairly common *sigh*

And by the way, I completely empathize with your Neopoint spending OCD. I cannot buy anything over about 15k; and that's if it's for my gallery! I just earned 26 million in my bank this month, and I STILL spend neopoints sparingly  x_x I trade like a beast because I'm comfortable bartering rare items for even more rare items to sell them for a huge profit. And that's hard work these days, too! All because of the crazy inflation  :S 

I also think it is because we're old users from 2008 and back; prices were different then! Everything used to cost a fortune, so learning to treat your bank like a true savings account was crucial! Honestly, though, with 26mil in the bank I should at least go through with painting all my pets xD;;