What's your favourite Pokèmon?

aetherealhobnobs

Mine is squirtle for obvious reasons :P I absolutely love tortoises and squirtle looks just like one. When I played the game I always picked squirtle and named him after my tortoise, Hank.

I never understood why Gastly, a ghost, evolves into Haunter, another ghost, which evolves into Gengar, a purple gremlin-looking thing. Gengar is cool, but shouldn't Haunter evolve into another ghost?

Pokemon evolution logic is odd sometimes, for example Magnemite first weighs 13.2 pounds/6 kgs but then when it evolves into Magneton it weighs 10 times more than that. Also I never understood how Exeggcute evolved into Exeggutor.

Guest VioletFlare

Oh man, this is a toughie... There's so many awesome 'Mon...

I think maybe I'll just go for one of each type, if that's OK. :D

Bug: Venonat

Dark: Mightyena

Dragon: Goodra

Electric: Shinx

Fairy: Whimsicott

Fighting: Pancham

Fire: Flareon

Flying: Swanna

Ghost: Phantump

Grass: Gogoat

Ground: Quagsire

Ice: Aurorus

Normal: Herdier

Poison: Gengar

Psychic: Munna (Also my all-time favorite, since it was the first Pokemon I've ever found out about <3)

Rock: Aron

Steel: Klefki

Water: Lapras

One of each type? Impressive  :laughingsmiley:

I think I'll do that too.

Bug: Beautifly, because butterflies

Dark: Darkrai, because spooky

Dragon: Goodra, because it doesn't look like a big dragon, like all the others

Electric: Pikachu, because Pikachu

Fairy: Sylveon, because it's a new Eeveelution

Fighting: Machamp, because it looks like it could rip a small planet in two

Fire: Blaziken, because Gen 3

Flying: Tornadus, because it's oddly the only pure Flying type

Ghost: Haunter, because spooky

Grass: Grovyle, because Mystery Dungeon

Ground: Sandslash, because I had one in Sapphire

Ice: Vanilluxe, because everyone likes ice cream

Normal: Ditto, because breeding

Poison: Garbodor, because it perfectly represents the stats of the poison type
Rock: Tyrantrum, because it's a dinosaur. A dinosaur.

Steel: Aggron, because I had one in Sapphire

Water: Mudkip, because it was my Sapphire starter, and i herd u liek them

Mine is Haunter. I like Haunter because it's a spooky ghost, and it can learn Hypnosis and Dream Eater.

For some reason when I first learned of pokemon when it came out in my old country, I really clicked with Ninetails. One of my biggest card trades was an Alakazam for a Ninetails.

I just found the design and mischevious smile so pretty.

I also really like Dragonair, most of Evee's evolutions and Espurr.

I also used to know all the pokemon when they came out, had a poster and memorized them all by heart. Now there are so many I don't even recognize half the names people mentioned.

Edit. Decided to do all favorites by type.

So I decided to look at all the new pokemon and now here are my favorites by type and reasons why I chose them. :)

Normal: Ciccino. It looks adorable and I would totally have on as a pet

Fairy: Sylveon. I don't usually like bows everywhere, but on this one it works. It also really encapsulates for me what I think of when I think fairy, from the color choices and soft/playful design

Steel: Jirachi because you would NOT think that this pokemon is a steel type. I also like the little smile on it's belly.

Dark: Houndoom, Hydreigon, Umbreon and Absol because hell hound, hydra, Evee evolution and I have no clue what, but it looks cool with the icey blue and white with red eyes.

Ghost: Pumpkaboo, because that is just an interesting design and actually fits it's name. Bat+Pumpkin plus face that doesn't give a crap about anything and yet the description says that they do something nice for spirits.

Rock: Aurorus because I love Aurora Borealis and dinosaur = Win for me.

Bug: Vivillon becuase it's clearly a butterfly and I wanted to choose something other than butterfree. I also really like the name meaning combination.

Psychic: Espeon because the design is cool. Catlike, but also pretty formbidable given it's powers.

Ground: Sandslash, because that design is cool, mouse, sloth with porcupine.

Dragon: Dragonaire and Zygarde because that design. It's just a ton of hexagons and it's snake like.

Poison: Arbok, because cobra, plus the name being switched around makes me giggle for some reason.

Fighting: Meinshao and Virizion simply because neither of them look scary or intimidating, but they are fighting pokemon and could kick butt.

Ice: Glaceon and Dewgong. Both exemplify cold and sleek designs. I love Glaceon's ”hair/fur” style too.

Grass: Oddish, because that face is so adorable. Leafeon because Evee's evolutions are so cool and Sawsbuck, because a season pokemon is pretty cool.

Electric: Pikachu, because that pretty much is Pokemon, Luxray and Jolteon

Water: Vaporeon and Suicune

Fire: Ninetails (Probably in my top favorite pokemon), Flareon, Delphox and Vulpix because foxes and Rapidash, because fire horse.

I don't know anyone who picked Bulbasaur as their Gen 1 starter except me. (Although I don't know anyone anyway) Is Bulbasaur that one starter that no one wants?

I picked Bulbasaur too. :)

(Also, I don't know any Pokémon besides Gen 1, so now I feel really old. XD)

I too chose Bulbasaur! I love grass pokemon and personally I think bulbasaur is way cuter than either charmander or squirtle. There are honestly so many awesome pokemon I can't name just one... although I have always had an extra soft spot for Mew :) Gyarados is also pretty badass and I always liked using Dewgong's aurora beam...

However - I can easily tell you my LEAST favourite pokemon: Mr. Mime - he's just gross.

Vaporeon and Banette are my two all time favorites. I like Vaporeon because my first Pokemon trading card was Vaporeon. I like Banette because I like the Pokedex entry of how Banette is an abandoned doll and flat out creepy. 

My other favorites are Togepi, Jynx, Venusaur, Reshiram and Scrafty. Diancie is also so cute. :D

I forgot Rayquaza, Dragonair, Chikorita and Lugia. 

And I like Miltank because I love farm animals. 

I like all the Eeveelutions, it's really hard to choose. I guess my favorite would be either Sylveon or Espeon.

I also like Gligar, this cute flying scorpion: 96px-207Gligar.png

It's a flying type but also ground type, so it's immune to eletricity.

Here's my list of favorite pokemon in type format:

Bug: Scyther, because getting a 4x weakness to fire, one of the most common offensive move types, is dumb imo. (Scizor)

Dark: Houndoom, it's a demon hellhound, what else do I need to say?  Oh right, it breathes fire too!

Dragon: Dragonair, because how the heck did we get Dragonite?

Electric: Luxray, because not every pokemon needs to be OP.

Fairy: Klefki, because it garnered so much hate for some reason.  Random pokemon ftw!

Fighting: Lucario, because for some reason I always seem to forget that they have a subtyping.  Also the movie was great.

Fire: Charizard, because Gen 1 childhood.  Ninetails is cool too.

Flying: Crobat, because it gave everyone a reason not to hate on Zubat's line.

Ghost: Haunter, and I agree with the other people so far, Gengar is sort of a weird evo for the line.  Although Trevenant the undead ent has potential.

Grass: Grovyle, because PMD2 feels. :'|

Ground: Krookodile, because it was the only one I have ever used for some reason.

Ice: Articuno, because it is beautiful to me. 

Normal: Persian, because Slash crit % *cough* around 99% *cough* in Gen 1.  Also it fills my favorite stereotype: the local big bad must have a white cat.

Poison: Arbok, and I don't know why.  Scratch that, just remembered about Dragalge!

Psychic: Lugia, hands down.  Although Xatu is a lonely 2nd down the road. 
Rock: Aerodactyl, because it is my favorite fossil.  Despite having so many glaring weaknesses. 

Steel: Skarmory, because the idea of having a bird with knives for feathers is awesome.

Water: Seadra, because I never was able to evolve him myself. Ahh memories...

Is it just me or are most of these Flying types as well? xD  Whatever!

Bug: Butterfree because butterflies and bye-bye butterfree made me love it even more

Dark: Absol my guardian pokemon 

Dragon: Altaria because fluffy clouds

Electric: Mareep I like fluffy electric sheep

Fairy: Gardevoir because it is so graceful

Fighting: Lucario because of Lucario and the mystery of mew

Fire: Vulpix/Ninetails I love those fire foxes

Flying: Swellow

Ghost: Mismagius I like witches

Grass: either bellossom or lilligant they are cute flower pokemon

Ground: Phanphy the little elephant

Ice: Articuno the beautiful ice bird

Normal: Ditto the cute little blob-plus Duplica's ditto and mini-dit

Poison: Seviper since I had ruby but not sapphire it was unreachable

Psychic: Mew my cute pink kitty or Espeon the beautiful purple cat
Rock: Bonsly

Steel: Klefki-it's cute and strong against dragon types

Water: Shellder

Mine is squirtle for obvious reasons :P I absolutely love tortoises and squirtle looks just like one. When I played the game I always picked squirtle and named him after my tortoise, Hank.

That's cool you have a tortoise  :) 

I have never been into the Pokemon games, but I used to watch the show sometimes, at least one of them. I always liked Squirtle because my favorite animal is a turtle. I have a toy of him because I collect turtles and things that look like turtles. 

I also love Kecleon, Marill and Fennekin. Turtwig and Deoxys are cool, too. Oh, and Vulpix. I like a variety of Pokemon.

I also like Vanillish. It's an ice type so I automatically love it.

I actually don't like Banette because it looks terrifying. I'm not a particularly brave person, so I'd sleep in a circle of salt and bay leaves for the rest of my life if I ever saw one in real life  :ohno:

Same here. I thought, ooh, cool at first seeing it, zipper mouth and eerie smile, but then read about how it's vengeful and got 'Chuckie' vibes from it which made me nope all the way to the sun.