Nice Items but SHOCKING Pet Colors!

Anyone else notice how the JumpStaff is releasing fantastic art every week for any new items available on the site, but most of the new Neopet colors have been a tad horrendous? :mellow:  

It isn't all of them, but most look like... well, lazy work. I have even seen amateur fan artists edit these newly released colors to look more aesthetically pleasing, so it should not be all that difficult for the official staff to do a better job. I have been waiting for countless pet colors for months, and once they have arrived, I always recoil and cringe in my seat at the novice, crayola-looking illustrations for these poor Neopets <_< Anyone else feel this way about new items vs new pets? Because the item artworks look great! The same effort, nay, more effort should be put into drawing and coloring pets!  :sad01_anim: 

Look at these nice items, man!
gro_rainbow_lip_balm.gif klf_kiko_cola.gifplu_cloud_xweetok.gifboo_secret_past_kacheek.gifffo_spar_can.gifpot_cloud_peophin.gif

BUT WHAT ARE THOOOOOOOOOOSE?!
ruki-pastel.jpgdimensional-acara.jpgkau-gold.jpgnimmo_snow.jpgquiggle_biscuit.jpgyurble-dimensional.png

Where are the edits of the colors? Neoboards? I'd be curious to see that.

I totally agree with you! Those items look really cool - I love the colors. I've liked about a bunch of other new items, too. Those pet colors are TERRIBLE, though. I wouldn't want any of those. Putting out new colors is cool and everything, but if nobody wants their pets to look like that, what's the point?

Most of the colours you posted are their traditional style, so I don't see what's wrong with them (snow, gold, biscuit, dimensional are all on par with the previous artists) ... but there have certainly been some questionable things released as of late.

I hope they realize that we expect a quality of art that we were used to or better. Anything else is just unacceptable in my opinion.

If they could stop copying/pasting neopets into items, that would be fantastic.

IE: klf_kiko_cola.gifgro_korbat_mask.gif

I agree with you all! At first I accepted the shoddy work because it's a free site and thought I was just being "greedy" by

expecting a quality of art that I was used to. After hearing you don't find it acceptable as well makes me feel better. And how I wish they would stop copying/pasting neopets into items! :sad01_anim: 

Idk if i'm allowed to say this (and please remove my comment if I'm not) but that quiggle looks a little bit, um, not sober. 

The colors are getting worse and worse, and I feel like they've just got interns or whatever to come up with the ideas and looks. 

Anyone else notice how the JumpStaff is releasing fantastic art every week for any new items available on the site, but most of the new Neopet colors have been a tad horrendous? :mellow:  

It isn't all of them, but most look like... well, lazy work. I have even seen amateur fan artists edit these newly released colors to look more aesthetically pleasing, so it should not be all that difficult for the official staff to do a better job. I have been waiting for countless pet colors for months, and once they have arrived, I always recoil and cringe in my seat at the novice, crayola-looking illustrations for these poor Neopets <_< Anyone else feel this way about new items vs new pets? Because the item artworks look great! The same effort, nay, more effort should be put into drawing and coloring pets!  :sad01_anim: 

Look at these nice items, man!

gro_rainbow_lip_balm.gif klf_kiko_cola.gifplu_cloud_xweetok.gifboo_secret_past_kacheek.gifffo_spar_can.gifpot_cloud_peophin.gif

BUT WHAT ARE THOOOOOOOOOOSE?!

ruki-pastel.jpgdimensional-acara.jpgkau-gold.jpgnimmo_snow.jpgquiggle_biscuit.jpgyurble-dimensional.png

Whoa, what is wrong with that Quiggle's eyes? And agreed, the Nimmo just looks like the color was removed. And the Ruki... why is only it's head green? I mean, at least tie it together by making the back shell and feet the same color as the head. It just looks so out of place.

I really dislike the Acara dimensional color, but at least it does look dimensional.

I do have to ay, that does seem very lazy over all.

The Yurble doesn't look too bad, I mean, considering most of the dimensionals look that way.

There have been worse pets released as of late then the ones posted here. I'm quite discouraged by their looks. Being a custo gal, and used to being wowed on pet days, most of the time I'm either satisfied or I find that the color is horrible.

The two slushies released this week look atrocious with that flashiness on them.

I hope their art department gets things back up to standards soon.

That cloud xweetok plushie just looks like an actual cloud xweetok though. Same raised paw and everything.

The old plushies had a bit more effort put into them: plush_baby_xweetok.gifplu_mutant_xweetok.gif   plu_xweetok_white.gifplu_xweetok_borovantime.gif

But yeah, I agree that most items look nice.

That's totally right! They just got a cloud Xweetok and added some stitches to made it look like plushie -_-

There have been worse pets released as of late then the ones posted here. I'm quite discouraged by their looks. Being a custo gal, and used to being wowed on pet days, most of the time I'm either satisfied or I find that the color is horrible.

The two slushies released this week look atrocious with that flashiness on them.

I hope their art department gets things back up to standards soon.

Those two slushies are completely horrible, I don't really like the animated items for Neopets but all that light and flashy colours coming from them make them even worse! I mean. Did they think about the users? Imagine you are restocking and then... :whaa:

Pretty bad, it will hurt my eyes!! They are risky as well, "Porygon effect".

Color me VERY unimpressed with the new artists.

In fact, I bet that the good looking new items are just remnants from the old artists! Items that had been created but not yet introduced to the site.

The new art looks almost incomplete to me. Sorta sketched out rough draft doodles. The color saturation is poor. The lines are weak. I mean, look at:

mall_shoe_rosegold.gif     mall_wig_rosegold.gif    boo_Guide_to_immaculate_groom.gif    clo_blumaroo_geek_glasses.gif

Oooph!! "I" could probably do better than that and I can barely color inside the lines!

I first noticed it with the Stealth Gelert Clothing. Now, those who know me know I love Gelerts...and I REALLY liked the IDEA of the clothing. But, it just looks like they got as far as rough drafts then turned it in. The line work seems sloppy and sketched and the color saturation is beyond poor. Just looks like someone quickly sketched out their idea for a Stealthy Gelert clothing set...but that the items were never really worked on/filled out.

And, yah, the new pet colors are...oy.

Seems to me that the reason they have introduced so many new Dyeworks items is cuz all they have to do is change the color of items that were drawn well by the original TNT artists. 

Ah well...yet another part of Neopia that is, sadly, in clear decline.

:(

I've just seen the slushies, they're pretty shocking, aren't they. They look like the kind of thing you see on those glitter gif sites that have been made by 13 year olds  o_O