What's your favourite film?

aetherealhobnobs

Awesome, Donnie Darko is one of my favorites also, but my favorite movie is Warm Bodies. I think it is a wonderful story, very hopeful. I have read the book as well, I think they are both great.

Monty Python and The Quest for the Holy Grail.  Best movie ever.

Then I have another question for you. What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?  :)

I have too many favourites, but often times I'll have one that inspires me at the moment, right now that'd be Jurassic Park. Jeff Goldblum's laugh was awesome in that movie XD

I've honestly never seen Jurassic Park. I need to watch it, don't I?

Awesome, Donnie Darko is one of my favorites also, but my favorite movie is Warm Bodies. I think it is a wonderful story, very hopeful. I have read the book as well, I think they are both great.

Then I have to ask- How did you interpret the story? It confused me a lot, honestly.

I have a few favorites.  Almost Famous and Kill Bill are at the top of my list though.

I've never seen Kill Bill, but based on the name, I'd presume the story resolves around killing a person called Bill?

Donnie Darko is definitely a movie that makes you think, but I'd say my favorite is Princess Mononoke.

That's the one Hayao Miyazaki did, right? I still need to watch that  :mellow:

Also, I forgot to mention earlier on- Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy  :laughingsmiley:

My favourite is Donnie Darko, though I still don't understand it at all.

I don't know if they meant to do this, but I remember reading a blurb by someone who is the wife of a schizophrenic and that the movie perfectly portrayed what her partner goes through in an artistic way, but got the feelings and emotions across.

I have no idea if that's true though. Either way, the movie is quite the experience. I really like it too.

I have no idea what my favorite would be. So I'll pick a few and the reasons why.

Balto: Total childhood favorite. I liked that it was about a real story (loosely) and all the pretty drawn scenery of Alaska and cold wilderness

Iron Giant: That movie is a masterpiece to me. The characters, the time line and the ending were all so well done and the emotions came across perfectly, along with a good message.

I've also really liked Inside Out as well. That hit me in feels I didn't know I could have. Never seen a child's emotions and feelings come across to an audience that allowed them to relate and think of the person as human and not just a child.

And Tron Legacy, because as far as technology goes, it's one of the smarter movies out there to me and doesn't construe the whole "All technology/machines are eviiiil" trope that many others do unlike a certain movie that came out recently that I won't mention because possible spoilers.

Special shout out to Warm Bodies that funkydragondiva78 mentioned. That movie was better than I thought it would be. The beginning had me in stitches, but I'm a sucker for that type of humor. Didn't entirely like the main female character, but R totally made up for it to me (That actor was great in Mad Max too)

Those are all movies I'd watch pretty much anytime.

Like most people I have quite a few favorites, but the number one spot is a tie between Spirited Away, Grave of the Fireflies, The Most Dangerous Game, and The Phantom of the Opera.

I finished reading Warm Bodies a few weeks ago! I've been meaning to watch the movie sometime. 

Some of my favorite films are:

V for Vendetta 

Howl's Moving Castle

The entire Harry Potter movie franchise!!

V for Vendetta yes! you'd like this one too if you liked donnie darko :)

I also love The Secret Life of Walter Mitty and Almost famous, both give off a kind of wanderlust vibe, moreso Walter Mitty.

Anything Hayao Miyazaki did is instantly classic and alsways done so beautifully.

My favorite comedy is Shaolin Soccer, has subtitles but it's on netflix and makes be gasp for air every time XD

Also anything with Audrey Hepburn will always be a fav of mine too. <3

Lets also not forget all of Wes Anderson's movies! And that should cover my basics :P

1. Girl, Interrupted
2. Blue is the warmest color
3. Lolita
4. Clockwork Orange (art student thing, otherwise its a creepy movie)
5. The Forgotten
6. These Final Hours
oh and my all time that shouldnt even be on a list SHORT TERM 12 its so good omgomgomgogmgogmg

also one i grew to like was Iron Giant because that and the last mimzy were all i watched in a mental health ward

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

My absolute favourite is The Rocky Horror Picture Show  <3

If there's such thing as soul mates, then this movie is my other half.

That's a really good movie!!! For a while a local theatre was doing live shows... but they haven't updated their showing on their website since 2009 :'( I've heard it's an amazing experience to see it live.

I don't actually have any idea, but my stock answer these days is Singin' in the Rain. I used to say Bringing Up Baby. Realistically it probably is something light (comedy/romance/musical) because although I do like dark as well, I'm more often in the mood for something cheery rather than say film noir.

• 1 month later...