Customisation frustration - not enough layers

I bought a wig for my little guy, pretty much the only one that doesn't look totally dumb and/or weird on him, lol.

fHArRib.png

I really wanted him to wear it with Bart's hat, which is what he normally wears as that big ol' kacheek head makes most hats look like they've shrunk in the wash, and Bart's is the only affordable one that looks really good to me, the one I really want costs 500,000np  :laughingsmiley:  . But when I put the wig on it unequiped the hat :sad02: I bought the Hubrid Nox 'tache for him, and when I equiped the eyeglass it took the 'tache off, grrr! lol.

I know the overall look's a bit mixed up right now, he's a bit confused. :shiftyeyes_anim: But please share your own layering woes so I can feel less alone. <3

I wish items could be placed by users rather than placed in set locations. I want to put a Ghostkerscarf on my Faerie Eyrie, but it's hidden by the mane-looking thing. I want my 4 NP back  :sad02:

Haha :laughingsmiley: Yeah totally! So sorry for your lose D:<

Hopefully there will be more layers in the future, it's a thing that's more likely to happen than a lot of things, I'd have thought, because of NC items.

I rearranged my little guy a bit, getting annoyed during the process by how none of the foreground items that I wanted to use could be equiped together :grrr: xD

Le042O2.png

I don't have any specific instances, but a few times I have wanted to use a wig with a hat and contacts with glasses as well. Yeah, they should add locations to allow layering of those areas. I also agree it would be nice if we could place some items on the pets with a lot of fur in certain areas, where instead of the item being covered, it would be above.

• 2 months later...

OMG! Just bought a scarf for my kacheek, and it can't be worn with the shirt that he's got on, WFT :thumbsdown: So much for a cosy autumn look then, lol.

OMG! Just bought a scarf for my kacheek, and it can't be worn with the shirt that he's got on, WFT :thumbsdown: So much for a cosy autumn look then, lol.

Um, I think that's why you should try out your customization ideas on Dress to Impress before buying an item.... :sad01_anim:

I would also love if they would make it so that you could choose to have an item appear instead of the muff.  Sometimes I like to have the muff, but most of the time I'd rather not have it.

The foreground items are definitely frustrating.  I wish they would make it so that all the smaller items could be layered with ones that are more like frames.

Um, I think that's why you should try out your customization ideas on Dress to Impress before buying an item.... :sad01_anim:

Yep, you're totally right, I should have known better, shouldn't I! I think I forget how bad the layering is because I don't change my pet's look or buy items that often as there's not a lot of choice and I find the process more frustrating than enjoyable. So when I'm inspired I tend to just  buy and then have a DOH! moment when I equip it :rolleyes_anim:

I have Dress to Impress bookmarked on my toolbar too! Maybe I'll learn my lesson from this last disappointment, there's always hope! :shiftyeyes_anim:

Exactly. I really wish you could just take off their manes.

I actually hate the look of my Eyrie without her mane. I wish they would just drape the necklace in front of the mane, the way it would sit on a REAL animal. It doesn't look like it would be that hard. -.-

I'm seriously confused by why some items restrict others, I'm doing some spending for my little guy now, and learning my way around Dress to Impress is showing me that the shirt/waistcoat combo I tend to have him wearing prevents you from wearing at least 4 other layers. :weird:

Edit: After much scouring of items, I think I've managed to succeed with an autumn look. :D

9niRizm.jpg

600x600.png?1436948730