Next upgrade for my Battledome set

perrin

Hi, I'm getting ready to start saving for the next upgrade to my battlepet's battledome set and would like some input on what to get next.

His stats are:

STR:  961

DEF:  860

AGI:  430

HP:  1589

His current set is:

Leaf Shield

Bow of Destiny

Sword of Reif

Hanso Charisma Charm

Downsize!

Bag of Healing Dust

Ghostkerbomb

Golden Peophin Harp

I want to either upgrade the Leaf Shield or the Bow of Destiny but I'm not sure which.  I'd like suggestions on which to upgrade and what to upgrade them to.  I'm willing to spend around 20 million np, but I'd be happy to spend less.

Thanks in advance.

It seems there really aren't many upgrades for a Bow of Destiny, just type-changes available.

An upgrade for the Leaf Shield would be the Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield, which TDN estimates at a whopping 8 million Neopoints, however all lots on the Trading Post are not listing prices.

First of all, AWESOME PEOPHIN! It's always great to see another peophin fan! And it's awesome he's your battle pet as well! I do like those ghosty-looking wings an the chain. Kinda reminds me of Jacob Marley from A Christmas Carol, the chains anyway. ;)

Anyway! Looking over your set, I see we even have similar tastes for weapons. LOL Though other than the G-Bomb I don't have any HT items. So my set is a bit weaker than your's.

Leaf Shield would be the easiest to Upgrade, but I know, it's useful against certain opponents, if you decide to upgrade that, just keep it in the olde SDB in case you want it again.  Anyway! Patched Magic Hat is of course, considered the better alternative to Leaf Shield, I can see it's usefulness, but I'd stick with Leaf Shield, I only mention it in case you want something more along those lines that won't break the bank.

So, let's look at some others, Since your Leaf Shield slot would probably be  best suited to a rotating shield that you could change whenever you want to fight an opponent who has a different variety of icons. The higher tiered shields should probably all get some thought.

Let's start however, with a couple of non-HT pieces of gear.

Sophies Magic Hat, decent defense, but more varied the the Leaf Shield. I wouldn't buy it, but it's not super pricey if it interests you.

Royal Blue Cape, I've never used this, but it looks interesting, especially since it takes out a chunk of several icons more commonly seen at higher weapon set levels. Fire especially, once and whenever, TNT brings back the species elemental resistance and weaknesses. And it looks like it would be around 300k.

Pirate Captains Hat would be good for Earth or Light, and 5 icons of fire defense. Even though it's semi-fragile and may break for the duration of the battle, this wouldn't be an unattractive option for replacing a Leaf Shield, and it's a few million.. I've thought about buying this actually, but would rather continue saving for some of my dream pieces of equipment. but since you're spending, I thought I'd mention it. Now, you COULD go the route of the Parasol of Unfortunate Demise, Which is MUCH cheaper, blocks ALL light and some icons of Earth and Water.

Another Full Light Blocker, would be Dr. Sloths Personal Body Armour, which also blocks a variety of icons, though it's 5 icons of Dark Defense would be redundant for you if you were to use it with your Hanso Charisma Charm.

Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield has been mentioned, and it looks like quite a monster to deal with, all those icons it blocks. ;) Kind of like a Leaf Shield on steroids, with Full light blocking and 5 icons of Air thrown into the mix. At about 8 mil, it's not a bad shield to consider. :) Also, this would probably pair well with your Hanso Charisma Charm.

If you want to have some fun with Fire, maybe consider a Clawed Shield, Like the Golden Peophin Harp, it only blocks 3 dark icons, but it reflects 61%-80% of Fire damage back. I had some fun with this during the Obelisk War.  Again, this would be at it's MOST useful if the elemental weaknesses/resistances were brought back, which I think TNT mentioned they were planning on doing eventually. If I recall correctly, Peophins were weak against Fire by about 15%. So it might make for an investment for the future, though I don't know when TNT would actually get around to it, considering all the other stuff that needs fixing.

As long as we're on Fire,the subject, that is.  Shield of Faerieland does a pretty decent job on dealing with damage, All Air Icons blocked, 5 Fire and 5 Physical. Similarly, the Faerie Tabard Blcoks all Water, 5 Fire, 5 Physical and 3 each of Earth and Air. That being said, For Fire, you MIGHT just wanna go with Flaming Oven Gloves, cheap, blocks 5 Fire and 2 Light. ;)

I'll Skip the Ghostkershield, since you have a full dark blocker. ;) If you want a cheap blocker for 4.5 earth and air, I recommend the Earthen Schorchstone. Works very well.  If you wanted to blow the bank, you COULD look at a Thyoras Tear, I think I heard they had gone down in price, but I don't know if that's right or not.

Onto a replacement for the Bow of Destiny.

I have 2 recommendations here, both are decent.

The first one, is one that ain't pretty, but it certainly can get the job done. Stone Foam Finger, 15 icons, a combo of Physical and Light.

Kelpbeards Trident, is like the Anagram Swords in terms of power, but around 8.5 million in price. Obviously a Water HEAVY weapon. not one I've used of course, but definitely one to consider for 1-player. or even 2-Player, if you wanted to confuse your opponent into thinking you have a heavy water attacker, OR a heavy Fire attacker, and then surprising them with both. ;)

Well, I hope this helps! Or at least provides some good food for thought! ^_^

Happy battling!

Other ideas to upgrade your Bow of Destiny beyond KBT or Anagram Swords might be:

• Skarls Hasty Mace: Attacks with earth and air, similar to BoD, but with more power.
  • Glittery Faerie Dust: Attacks with a consistent 15 icons and hard to block because it keeps shifting icon type
If you haven't already, you should take a look at the Battlepedia's Basic Weapon Sets guide. It lists most of the good high-end weapons. You might want to pay particular attention to the Advanced or Elite weapons.