Transferring pets with PB clothes?

Various

I'm a bit confused about transferring pets with paint brush clothes so I just want to double check I've got this right. (I'm dyslexic and I think I'm just confusing myself reading the help pages. )

On my main account I have Eluialeth, a stealthy draik, and Nordithen, a magma draik. Nordithen is wearing the stealthy clothing and I want to paint Eluialeth purple. 

I want to put Nordithen onto my side account to free up a slot on my main. It's got to be him because all my other pets have NC in their customisations and as I'm unable to get anymore giftboxes (I have no NC left and nowhere near me sells the NC cards anymore) I'm rationing my boxes. 

I think I've worked out what I need to do and I just want to check I've got this right. 

1. Remove Eluialeth's current custo, put the stealthy clothes back on her and transfer her to my side account. 

2. Remove the stealthy clothes so they go into the closet on my side account. 

3. Paint Eluialeth purple while she's on my side account. 

4. Transfer Eluialeth back to my main account and send Nordithen to the side account. 

5. Re-do both their customisations. 

Once he's on the side account, I can't move him with the stealthy clothes can I? Can PB clothing only be transferred with pets of that colour? 

Thank you! 

The PB clothes transfer system is a bit funky, and I can see how you'd be kinda confused. It's hard to word in a sensible manner.

That said, you've got the right idea for getting the clothes and pet you want moved to your side. What you detailed should work perfectly for your purposes.

As for your specific questions, the short answer to both is "yes". Once the clothes are on the side account, you will only be able to move those clothes if you have a Stealthy Draik on that account and transfer it out. You won't be able to move them with a Magma or Purple or whatever other color Draik.

To elaborate on how the system works (in a way that hopefully makes sense)....

Basically, when a pet is transferred, the system does various checks on the pet and its clothing and items and such. Noting that I don't have exact knowledge of how they've got the backend of the site set up, my guess is that the chunk of code that handles which clothing items stay and go would go something like this:

For each article of clothing the pet has on:

Is this an NC item?

If yes:

Remove the item from the pet and place it in the current owner's closet.

If no, is this an NP item?

If yes:

Leave the clothing item on the pet, transfer as is.

If no (meaning it must be a PB item):

Check the item against the pet's color. Does this item come with this color of the pet?

If yes:

Leave the clothing item on the pet, transfer as is.

If no:

Remove the item from the pet and place it in the current owner's closet.

Does this pet/color combo come with PB clothes?
   If yes:
      For each article of PB clothing this pet/color combo comes with:
      Does this item exist anywhere on the account?
      If yes:
         Is the pet currently wearing this item?
         If yes:
            Leave the clothing item on the pet, transfer it as is.
         If no:

Is the item on another pet?

If yes:

Remove the item from the other pet. Place it in a "temporary transfer closet". When the transfer is accepted, place it in the new owner's closet.

If no:

Remove the item from the closet. Place it in a "temporary transfer closet". When the transfer is accepted, place it in the new owner's closet.

I have no idea if that helped you specifically, but that's as straightforward as I can make what the system does when it comes to clothes when you transfer a pet.

1. Remove Eluialeth's current custo, put the stealthy clothes back on her and transfer her to my side account. 

• If she is wearing NC custo, no need as they will be left on your account. NP items will be transferred.

2. Remove the stealthy clothes so they go into the closet on my side account. 

• Yes. Although the clothes will automatically  be left in your side account's closet when you transfer Eluialeth out.

3. Paint Eluialeth purple while she's on my side account. 

• Yup.

4. Transfer Eluialeth back to my main account and send Nordithen to the side account. 

• Yup.

5. Re-do both their customisations. 

• Yup.

Once he's on the side account, I can't move him with the stealthy clothes can I? Can PB clothing only be transferred with pets of that colour? 

•  You can't move the stealthy clothes anymore. Paintbrush clothes only transfer with pets painted the same colour.

That's as simple as I can put it. Good luck!

Thank you! :D

One last question, monthly transfer limits reset at the start of each month, don't they? 

I've just made it harder for myself. Two of my sides only have 3 pets. My 11 year old side and my newest side that turned 4 months old today. As I can't move him once he's on my side, I'd rather put him on the newest one. 

So if I transfer the stealthy draik over to my side on the 31st, paint her and then on the 1st I should be able to exchange her for the magma draik, shouldn't I?

Sorry, don't know why I'm finding this so confusing.   :*  :rolleyes_anim: