Opinion on UC

arcblitz16090916

Does anyone else think that instead of converting pets to the new art/poses they should have updated the old graphics with the same poses and added an option to switch between the two? Where using the old art/pose would mean that you cannot make them wear any clothing. Because in my opinion, some colors of pets are better in their old poses, but some are better with the new ones with or without clothing

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
This topic was posted in the wrong area.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'Neopets General Chat' to 'Neopets Debate'.

• 2 months later...

I MUCH prefer the old poses than the new ones, I think making pets that were meant to be four legged have one paw/hand/limb up in the air looks weird and the eyes just look plain scary in some cases!
I see why they wanted to add costumes, and the idea is fun but it's taken away the uniqueness of the colours when 90% are all in exactly the same pose.

*clings on tightly to UC Aisha*

I like the art on the UCs a lot more in general. It made customization via paint brushes mean a bit more. I understand the appeal of customization via clothing, but sometimes, I would really rather have the old art back for certain pets. I wasn't active during the change over so my pets were converted automatically.

Having the option to switch between the poses would be awesome even with the cost being you can't put clothes on them. I love the old poses more than the new ones in most cases. Probably also get rid of the UC pet market I've seen that's breaking neo's rules.

The only problem would be integrating that in a way with no bugs, especially if there would be a mass conversion and they'd probably need to draw poses for the colours that exist after the conversion.

I MUCH prefer the old poses than the new ones, I think making pets that were meant to be four legged have one paw/hand/limb up in the air looks weird and the eyes just look plain scary in some cases!

I see why they wanted to add costumes, and the idea is fun but it's taken away the uniqueness of the colours when 90% are all in exactly the same pose.

*clings on tightly to UC Aisha*

THIS. I have trouble finding how I want to paint my pets, because I really hate that blank stare that most neopets have. The UC coats have so much more personality. Honestly, if I want to customize my pets, the most I do is a background and maybe a foreground. Other than that, I think most customizations look tacky. Then again, I'm a simplistic person in general, so I don't like a lot of clutter/junk in my life as a whole. 

I think it would be a lot of trouble to make this happen but it will put an end to UC trading, which is kinda against the rules. I'd prefer the UC versions of some pets. I remember I wanted a Meerca Faerie soo soo bad but after the conversion it looks just meh. I wish I could paint my meerca faerie and have him UC! That would be great!

I'm well aware that this is an unpopular opinion but I think they should have just converted everyone and not had this unconverted business. I think that the rampant market for UC is so far from what it was meant to be and I think its absolutely ridiculous.

I'm well aware that this is an unpopular opinion but I think they should have just converted everyone and not had this unconverted business. I think that the rampant market for UC is so far from what it was meant to be and I think its absolutely ridiculous.

I might be completely wrong, but looking at some of the pets which were allowed to be left UC and some which weren't, I think at least part of the decision was about keeping the major players happy.

I'd say a UC Paint Brush/Morphing Potion/similar item would be nice but, given how coveted UC pets are, it'd probably be super expensive.  I feel like it'd be much more likely to get an NC item for UCing, only usable on pet-color combos that existed prior to customization.  That'd limit how much work needs to be done as well as getting in some cash for pets that would then no longer be able to apply items to all their slots.

If there was a way to make UC pets I would love love love to have a plushie hissi.  It has a floppy look about it that just makes you want to hug it :)  I wouldn't even care that I couldn't dress it up.  It's super cute just the way it is.  I do wish that neopets would release a potion, either NC or NP that could make UC pets.  I'll never get into UC trading, but if I could get one without all that hassle it would be great.  The new one looks like an action figure more than a plushie.

hissi_plushie_baby.gif2.png