Neopet's should hire me as an artist.

GayAlbinoRobot

I'd actually put time and effort into the items. Also, they wouldn't look like these poor excuses for "items"....

pot_rainbow_bori_morph_potion.giffood_papayana.gifplu_baby_elephante.gifpot_disco_chomby_morph.gifplu_cloud_xweetok.gifklf_moo_berri.gifklf_kiko_cola.gifclo_metallic_onesie_kau.gifrainbow_baby_blue.gifclo_glowy_shirt_quiggle.giftoy_windup_lenny_polkadot.giftoy_rockstar_uni.gif

I mean... they aren't even trying. I'm not a stellar artist in the slightest, but... still.

i felt the same way when the new graphics landed, it is growing on me now I have got used to it, but there are some questionable things being designed recently! mind you, some beautiful ones also.. customisation and some foods and such have been great as well!

lets hope they take it up a notch or few next time they design new colours, items or pets and maybe let us vote?

I said this in another topic, but it applies here so I shall say it again!  :D

The new art of late has been LOUSY.

I'm CONVINCED that the only good lookin' items that have been released in the past couple months are ones that the old artists had already drawn and were shelved for later release.

A good example of the difference in the quality of artistic talent/drawing is in yesterday's News (2rd Sept). The Papayanana and the Berrybiscus Tartlet look like the results of an elementary school art project while the Shadow Kougra from the UL Contest winner was drawn by one of the original Neo artists.

The VAST difference in skill is striking.

And yes, not only is the actual talent seemingly now lacking...they also seem to be LAZY. As with the two new books...just changing colors and/or copy/pasting different images on top of existing items (point and click art, no real drawing involved). 

Things like adding 'stitch lines' on top of existing pets/petpets to make them 'Plushie' just make me shake my head.

Sadly, the well drawn items that were shelved for later release will run out sooner or later and we will then be stuck with whatever the new 'artists' can manage to crib together.

/shakes head

I understand your frustration with the new art that's coming out, but let's try and keep the discussion to one thread :)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

There is already a thread discussing TNT's bad art.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Rune Valentine if you have any questions regarding this action.