Am I missing something with the Daily Puzzle?

indiechiquegeek

Is it supposed to be a joke that, for several days now, the same question and answer have been appearing for the Daily Puzzle? You know, wheel of monotony, takes forever to spin, takes forever to change? Has someone already addressed this and I just missed it? I feel like I'm going crazy!

For me, the Wheel Of Monotony takes exactly 2 hours for it to complete/finish. As I've read on TDN before, he will look at his watch half way through. And, again, for me, he appears to do so after 1 hour. However, if Flash crashes, I have to start over. Someone posted in another thread that it took 6 hours to finish spinning for them, so the time could be different for everyone.

EDIT: Oops! Misunderstood your question. I haven't done the daily puzzle in a while. So, as I am taking my foot out of my mouth, I realized you were not asking separately about the Wheel of Monotony, but that was the daily question...

Lol, I'd missed the irony of it being the wheel of monotony that the question was stuck on this time around, LOL! Thanks for  pointing that out xD Took 'em 4 days to update the puzzle last time, wasn't it?

For what it's worth, I submitted a ticket about it. I'm hoping to get a response around Wednesday since Monday is Labor Day in  the U.S.  I'll share what they tell me then.

Good luck with that... I wouldn't hold my breath.  I haven't been on in 3 years, so my side accounts got affected by that glitch that adds numbers to your pw randomly.  I submitted a ticket a week ago. Still waiting.  :(

I have been badgering them on FB, supposedly that might give it a kick up the queue. I get that they're understaffed, but you'd think that instead of coming out with new nc items that they'd focus on getting basic site features up and running again.  The marrow hasn't been working for me either.

I get that they're understaffed, but you'd think that instead of coming out with new nc items that they'd focus on getting basic site features up and running again. 

This is the cry of people on any site, I think. But the people in charge usually do seem to focus on bringing out new shiny, rather than fixing what's broken, don't they. Particularly, of course, when new shiny makes them money, and whatever's old and broken doesn't...In some cases it's probably not solely money-grubbing though. If a shiny new feature will hopefully bring back old players/in new ones, and a percentage of those people will spend money, then that money can pay the wages of a new staff member and more things can be done. Sadly, fixing the longtime broken things often isn't a viable option when resources are limited.