What's Your Method?

Bodhi

I'm currently slightly obsessively collecting plushies for my gallery. 

At the present time, when I buy plushies, I rarely pay more than NP3000 for them, and I'm doing pretty well so far! When I can no longer buy for under my maximum, I will raise it to NP5000 and so on.

I was wondering if any of you guys have a method for collecting,or do you just buy at random?

It usually varies based on what else I'm doing on Neopets.  Right now, I'm working on building up my np back up after a big purchase.  I have about one million np left.  I'll probably save a little more before getting another more expensive item that I have my eye on.

When I'm not saving up np, I'll usually buy a few items after a big food club win.  I usually decide what I want to spend first.  If it's books, I'll pick a few at different price points.  If it's something else, I go with whatever items look the most tempting that cost whatever I feel like spending.  I want to organize my wishlist by cost, so I can spend more time looking at items instead of pricing them.  I don't like the idea of one day only having expensive items left to buy.

I have a rainbow gallery and so of course collect rainbow items, but right now I am putting everything in my sdb to get the packrat avatar. As for my method, currently I am randomly buying the items I will eventually put in my gallery and I do the same thing with stamps and cards. Basically, if I visit a shop and see an item I don't have and can afford it, I buy it. However, at this point I am not actively searching, it is just when I need to buy a particular item like for a quest, healing my pet, or something like that.