This is my fault but I'm still upset

jade4

There are some neopets that I've pounded, but I've wanted to find good homes for... so I went to lost.quiggle and put their names on there. One of them had a Neotrak, which at the time was worth 100k. I kept checking on the pets and found that people would adopt them just to take their petpets. 

I mean that was definitely negligent of me, I should been aware of that possibility and that's no one's fault but my own. But at the same time it bothers me that someone would do that, you know? People would steal the cheaper petpets too. Next time I'll just remove the petpets before pounding them (unless they're super cheap anyway), even if it makes me feel like a jerk. 

It happens a lot on the avatar pound board too. Users remove aged petpets even though they are cheap or will remove a zapped one which is just ridiculous.  Dont let a few noobs ruin it for you. 

Its hard to rehome pets these days, so many are painted and everyone is obsessed with names (more than before).

Yup, know what you mean. I think some newbies don`t realise that once they remove a zapped petpet it`ll revert. Ha ha.

Also, as misparky says, people are totally obsessed with names. Sorry but that seems a bit shallow to me. I re-pounded a healed and zapped fab shadow grarrl and it took me ages to realise nobody would want him because he has numbers in his name  :(

I personally adopted a beautiful Tyrannian Lupe female with numbers in her name. I would think people care more about having dumb or juvenile names more than having numbers. I personally just think of my Lupe in my mind by her name with out the numbers anyway. Didn't matter to me.

I agree as well. Although on two accounts I have pets without numbers in their name, on another account I have 3 pets with numbers as well as  2 with underscores and 3 with first letter being lowercase, which is another thing people seem to make too big a deal of, which I always found a bit odd considering our user names aren't even capitalized. In any case, I liked the pet's name and it stood out to me, regardless of any extra stuff, as it were. I also consider personalities. I know it's not the pet's fault, and I think they all deserve homes, but I don't like some personalities, like insult from afar and especially attack if they are weaker. I prefer when they are smile sweetly or try and make friends, however I do have my jubjub, Puffball_360 and my peophin, watermintt. Their personalities didn't show on the user lookup and when I went to the pound, it said try and make friends and smile sweetly. After I adopted I went to their user lookups and it said run awaaaay!!! and approach with caution, but of course I was not going to give up my pets just because their personalities changed. I know they are still wonderful pets and they still have great personalities to me. This was not that bad though, I wouldn't want to give them up no matter what, but I am glad they weren't the personalities I really don't like.

As for the petpets, to me it is really messed up for a person to adopt a pet just so they can get the petpet and then abandon the pet again. Regardless of of how rare the petpet is, or whatever. For various reasons people can care about a pet, but still have to put it up for adoption, so they are expecting it to be adopted with the petpet and given a good home. It's also unfair to people who honestly would want to adopt that pet and they still will, but they miss out on also getting the petpet, which of course it would be more fair if they were the ones that got it. I have a few pets that came with petpets and I thought it was neat and I think this pet loves the petpet, they should be able to keep it. I do take petpets off if they've been zapped because I don't like how they can't get trophies and how they are marked, so to speak, as having been zapped. That is just my personal way of thinking about it. However, after the petpet reverts back to its original form, I attach it to the pet again.

Pardon the long message, guess I had a lot to say about this particular subejct.

I agree as well. Although on two accounts I have pets without numbers in their name, on another account I have 3 pets with numbers as well as  2 with underscores and 3 with first letter being lowercase, which is another thing people seem to make too big a deal of, which I always found a bit odd considering our user names aren't even capitalized. In any case, I liked the pet's name and it stood out to me, regardless of any extra stuff, as it were. I also consider personalities. I know it's not the pet's fault, and I think they all deserve homes, but I don't like some personalities, like insult from afar and especially attack if they are weaker. I prefer when they are smile sweetly or try and make friends, however I do have my jubjub, Puffball_360 and my peophin, watermintt. Their personalities didn't show on the user lookup and when I went to the pound, it said try and make friends and smile sweetly. After I adopted I went to their user lookups and it said run awaaaay!!! and approach with caution, but of course I was not going to give up my pets just because their personalities changed. I know they are still wonderful pets and they still have great personalities to me. This was not that bad though, I wouldn't want to give them up no matter what, but I am glad they weren't the personalities I really don't like.

As for the petpets, to me it is really messed up for a person to adopt a pet just so they can get the petpet and then abandon the pet again. Regardless of of how rare the petpet is, or whatever. For various reasons people can care about a pet, but still have to put it up for adoption, so they are expecting it to be adopted with the petpet and given a good home. It's also unfair to people who honestly would want to adopt that pet and they still will, but they miss out on also getting the petpet, which of course it would be more fair if they were the ones that got it. I have a few pets that came with petpets and I thought it was neat and I think this pet loves the petpet, they should be able to keep it. I do take petpets off if they've been zapped because I don't like how they can't get trophies and how they are marked, so to speak, as having been zapped. That is just my personal way of thinking about it. However, after the petpet reverts back to its original form, I attach it to the pet again.

Pardon the long message, guess I had a lot to say about this particular subejct.

I don't like insult from afar or attack if they are weaker either! They seem like mean personalities! As for names, I usually don't mind numbers or underscores either.