Musical_Shoyru

Hey all! Does anyone know if the Charity Corner event is something that is going to happen this year? Is the avatar going to be available again? 

I wanted to get it last year, but due to the lag and the HIGH inflation of prices I just didn't take the time to do it.

Thanks!

From last week's editorial:

Dear TNT, are there plans to make last years Charity Corner a yearly event? The event was very successful in removing many "non-expandable" items while adding useful r99s like stamps in the market. I'm sure Neopians would like a repeat, maybe with different requested item categories to mix things up a little. ~ fokanna
*looks around with shifty eyes* Are you in our office or something? WHERE ARE YOU HIDING? I don't like giving away secrets (okay who am I kidding yes I do), but we may have a little something in the works…

That's all we've gotten in regards to the Charity Corner.

From last week's editorial:

That's all we've gotten in regards to the Charity Corner.

Thanks! I hate answers like that though, I wish they would let us know, I mean knowing or not knowing if there's going to be one doesn't change anything lol

People are probably going to prepare for it regardless haha :D

That answer kind of makes it seem like they're planning something similar, but are tweaking it to make sure it's not quite the.... disaster it was last year xD

Charity Corner helped me make my first million on Neopets... but I barely squeaked the avatar out between the lag and the price gouging. I'd love to see them tweak the event, maybe have the "requested" items be more random? Like, not everybody trying to get the exact same items? 

I really really hope they don't do this type of thing again this year. It was ridiculous and the site lagged horribly. Within minutes after midnight all the items skyrocketed in price and you either had to spend your savings, wait until just before midnight when the prices hopefully deflated, or try again the next day. The only reason I participated was for the avatar.

Last year I wasn't even able to get the items and I didn't really understand how to do things. I might understand things better now and would maybe like to try for the avatar, but I would also like if it was something different.

I would love for it to come back, but definitely altered. I think if we all had to turn in different items that would certainly help. As for the toy drive part from last year, I'm not really sure how to fix that, but I certainly enjoyed being able to get or see others get items that are incredibly difficult to buy normally. Maybe if you had to donate nps in addition to an item or two, people might be less inclined to rort the system?

Charity Corner helped me make my first million on Neopets... but I barely squeaked the avatar out between the lag and the price gouging. I'd love to see them tweak the event, maybe have the "requested" items be more random? Like, not everybody trying to get the exact same items? 

Charity Corner helped me make my first million too. I sold r90 toys and "Adopt a Neopian" items for quick profit.  :laughingsmiley:  

But I understand the people who said the system kinda went crazy.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I think this rarity thing, where the rarity has to be within 5 points of the previous item donated, is nuts. If they want school supplies, just let it be school supplies. I donated a couple dozen times. Combo of NP and NC donations. And no avatar. :( Seems like a real rip-off if the avatar was random. :(