restocking glitch (maybe)?

prettyflyforsara

I was doing a little restocking and I typically hold 200k to prevent losing a lot if a random event occurs. I eventually had to do leave neopets for a bit, so I returned my np to the bank, without spending much. I only had 160k when I put it back. I bought a 500np book, and that didn't impact my 200k, but I lost 40k without seeing any random event appear... It might be possible that I didn't see it, but are there any that will only take 40k and not the rest? Do some events only take a certain percentage of what you're holding? 

It's more likely to have been a random event that you missed. There are a few REs that take 20% of your NP away, such as Dr. Sloth's Invasion Tax and Marrow Tax. Looking at your high scores table, it looks like it was Sloth's Invasion Tax that took your NPs away! That darn Dr. Sloth...

The Doctor Sloth RE takes 20% of the NP you have on hand. 20% of 200k would be 40k, so that might have been the culprit.

Ninja'd xD

Darn. I have more bad luck with random events than good. Thank you both for your help. 

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.