Charity Corner 2015- Back to School!

Emily

I think my best prize so far is a Crossword Puzzle Almanac.  Of course, my pet is refusing to read it, and it isn't the best time to be flipping through languages.

I definitely got a profit.  I did it 175 times so far, and I got a couple items that are worth around 20K.  Most of what I got is worth more than I spent to get it.

They need to do one of these for battledome stuff next.  This one is going so much better than last time.

I think my best prize so far is a Crossword Puzzle Almanac.  Of course, my pet is refusing to read it, and it isn't the best time to be flipping through languages.

I definitely got a profit.  I did it 175 times so far, and I got a couple items that are worth around 20K.  Most of what I got is worth more than I spent to get it.

They need to do one of these for battledome stuff next.  This one is going so much better than last time.

What's your donation goal? I'm trying to get at least 500 :D

I have donated only 10 times, mostly r 80 and getting some food items that I can sell, however I donated some r 90s and got a ballerina quiguki! That is so awesome because I have a quiggle and the quiguki ballerina is adorable :)

I missed this last time so I have no idea what this is about/what to do. Is there a good guide any where for this? /:

There is some info on TDN: http://thedailyneopets.com/articles/charity-2015/. As well, JellyNeo has a guide that is more involved: http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=charity_corner&id=2015.

I feel like a total stupid, the last two months I've been discarding all the books and items I won in battledome (except for codestones) hoping to get the trash avatar. I can't stop thinking that right now I could be donating tons of those books and receiving some prizes back :sad02:

Now I battle hoping to get books instead of codestones. I feel I'm going crazy :arrowhead:

I've donated 42 times by now.

I feel like a total stupid, the last two months I've been discarding all the books and items I won in battledome (except for codestones) hoping to get the trash avatar. I can't stop thinking that right now I could be donating tons of those books and receiving some prizes back :sad02:

Now I battle hoping to get books instead of codestones. I feel I'm going crazy :arrowhead:

You're definitely not alone in regretting having discarded things, there's someone on here (Angelo maybe?) who said never get rid of anything because you never know what future events might require...they were so right! I cleared my SDB out after getting the packrat avatar, and I too frequently ditched books that I got multiples of from dailies and the BD :rolleyes_anim: Oh well!

there's someone on here (Angelo maybe?) who said never get rid of anything because you never know what future events might require

i learned that lesson the hard way 

now i have sold books for 2 million np

I have a Easygoing Xweetok Wig that I'm selling for 40k, it's lower than what it's going for in the shops, it's considered a r90 item and can be donated :D

How far are you guys going with donating then? Books have doubled in price overnight and that's only likely to continue, isn't it, lol. But then Trudy's paying for them, so I'm carrying on buying for now  :woot:  I like seeing what prizes I get, it's fun. :D

I did the same thing for the packrat avvie, and now that CC is back, I'm definitely regretting it too.  :sad01_anim:

I did the same thing for the packrat avvie, and now that CC is back, I'm definitely regretting it too.  :sad01_anim:

I've been working on my Rubbish avatar and was dumping books and hoarding plushies (remembering LAST year's CC...) Ooops. Oh well, still managed to get 35 donations plus 250k out of what was still in my SDB! And sara1elo... I'm hoping for books instead of codestones when battling too! A pair of crazies we are!

so i went to my book reading account and i found like 30 R90+ books in the SDB , esp. Brightvale books that used to cost abt 1000-5000 NP :glasses:  .. was saving them for V00D00 , and some he already read ...

SELL SELL SELL

:rock:

I got some more books courtesy of Koi Warrior. :3 I don't know how you guys have donated so many times already @.@ It's just so tedious. I only have 39 donations completed right now, but I'll get more. My goal is to get 100 minimum donations and then set a new goal from that point.

I have donated only 10 times, mostly r 80 and getting some food items that I can sell, however I donated some r 90s and got a ballerina quiguki! That is so awesome because I have a quiggle and the quiguki ballerina is adorable :)

There is some info on TDN: http://thedailyneopets.com/articles/charity-2015/. As well, JellyNeo has a guide that is more involved: http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=charity_corner&id=2015.

Ah, great, thank you! Now to see what I've been hoarding in my SDB..

Well, now I feel like an idiot. 

I've been clearing out my SDB and was concentrating on the books last week. Anything that was over 100np on the SSW went into my shop, anything under 100np I'd put up for free on the trading post. 

Oh well. I still made 115k from the books in my shop but those 30 odd books I gave away I could have used for CC. 

Got some school supplies in my SDB. Had 5 bottles of ink so I donated those and got a plushie worth 5k so that's OK. The rest of my stuff have different rarities and I refuse to buy stuff for CC so just going to shove them in my shop. 

I spotted something interesting during my book buying yesterday. A huge amount of the books currently showing up as the cheapest, are in shops of players who've actually been inactive for years. I guess an event like this, which causes prices to climb sharply, is the first time that the price of certain books has risen enough for something someone put up for sale forever ago, then abandoned, to be showing up as a realistic option on the SW again.

Never really considered before that sometimes you're gonna be buying something from someone who's maybe forgotten Neo even exists!

I'm having trouble donating. I can have the needed items out, line up the donations by rarity, but then the problems begin. I can't donate the fifth item, and the donate button doesn't light up. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there any way to solve it?

I'm having trouble donating. I can have the needed items out, line up the donations by rarity, but then the problems begin. I can't donate the fifth item, and the donate button doesn't light up. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there any way to solve it?

What is the item, and where is it usually sold? I couldn't "donate" "Scroll of the Sea" because it was a Battle Item. The last item might not meet the donation criteria.

I  tried to donate the following: Box of Crayons (r 60), Nimmo Eraser (r65), Air Faerie Backpack (r70), Fire Rubber Bands (r 78), and Pirate Small Tak (r80).  The first four were bought from the School Supplies store. The last one from the Book Store. According to JellyNeo, these are all legitimate donations for Charity Corner.

Any ideas on why I can't donate?

I  tried to donate the following: Box of Crayons (r 60), Nimmo Eraser (r65), Air Faerie Backpack (r70), Fire Rubber Bands (r 78), and Pirate Small Tak (r80).  The first four were bought from the School Supplies store. The last one from the Book Store. According to JellyNeo, these are all legitimate donations for Charity Corner.

Any ideas on why I can't donate?

Hm...According to Neopets, "Each item in a set must be the same or a slightly higher rarity that the one before it!" I have a feeling that the book, although a donatible item, exceeds the rarity range of the others. The book is r80. The rest of the items are between the r60-high r70 range. I have a feeling r80 exceeds the "gift" you will be given range. Will Granny accept a book r79, for example? If it will not even show you the item or let you select it, then for what ever reason, you cannot donate it with that set of 4 other items.