Charity Corner Advice

suzanoberle

Make sure you don't get so busy with Charity Corner that you ignore your "dailies".  I picked up a zombie handbook from Grave Danger and a Brightville Castle from King Hagan (Wise old king).  Normally these are not particularly valuable, but with current charity corner inflation, they're worth nearly 50,000 NP each.

I think so.  Zombie Handbook is a 90; Brightvale Castle book is a 94.  I guess people are hoping that donating five items with 90-99 rarity will result in a random  very rare item. 

However, it's pretty risky if you're spending nearly 250,000 NP every time you donate.   

Other two I've had are Coltzan's Shrine for Deserted Desert Scroll and Lunar Temple for Moon Dust Scroll. 

Also, check your closet for r90+ stuff, as well as items your pets are wearing. But with that, check the price history on JN first to make sure that they were cheap items over the past few months (eventually, after CC is finished, the prices should go back down again). Then you can decide if around 50k per item is worth it, or if your pets' customisations are more important. 

Edit:

Charity corner question.... Is the charity corner giving out expensive prizes?  (I did it once and got something work 3K and so I figured it wasn't worth it.)  

It's a gamble. I spent 500k on r90+ items and only got items worth 50k each. Which I then used along with 3 r90+ things from my closet and again only got an item worth 50k. So considering I could have got 150k from the stuff in my closet, and wouldn't have wasted 500k, yeah not worth it. But people are getting stamps and other things worth millions. 

I got fairly decent returns on r80+ stuff. Buying each item for about 500np, and getting prizes that, on average, were worth over 5k each. (Best was a stamp I sold for 17k) 

But the way I'm getting the best profit is the cheapest way to make loads of donations. I wrote about it in the CC goals thread but basically, buy the big blue blumaroo book for 83np from the general store. I've donated over 50 times using that and I've only had about 3 prizes that were worth less than 1k on the SSW. 

I'm aiming for a lot of donations as I want a trophy and the avatar, hence why I'm doing it that way. 

I've got 3 books in the 90 range. I've put them in my shop to see if they sell as I don't have a huge amount of confidence in getting 2 more from dailies before the event ends, or of getting a good item from donating 5 90+ books, so I'll sell them. Kind of feel like a bit of a heel though, for contributing to the price escalation myself :*

where is this charity corner?

neopets.com/charitycorner/2015

Charity corner question.... Is the charity corner giving out expensive prizes?  (I did it once and got something work 3K and so I figured it wasn't worth it.)  

I donated a bunch of junk books from my sdb that I got from dailies and got a couple items selling for 40k+

where is this charity corner?

Charity corner is a donation event featuring school supplies, wearables and books. You can find out more by visiting this thread and also our guide. There's even an NC component to this event too.

Make sure you don't get so busy with Charity Corner that you ignore your "dailies".  I picked up a zombie handbook from Grave Danger and a Brightville Castle from King Hagan (Wise old king).  Normally these are not particularly valuable, but with current charity corner inflation, they're worth nearly 50,000 NP each.

Yeah, after doing some charity corner stuff, I realized some items were going for more. I cleaned out my SDB and made roughly 280,000 just selling books and scrolls that I had multiples of. 

Yes, just made 1 million today in about 30 minutes, selling books, which I had multiples of, from my SDB.  That is why I hoard EVERYTHING!!  You never know what is going to end up selling for huge amounts.  Before it was the plushies, now it is books and school supplies.  I don't have much for school supplies, but I have tons for books.

Other two I've had are Coltzan's Shrine for Deserted Desert Scroll and Lunar Temple for Moon Dust Scroll. 

Also, check your closet for r90+ stuff, as well as items your pets are wearing. But with that, check the price history on JN first to make sure that they were cheap items over the past few months (eventually, after CC is finished, the prices should go back down again). Then you can decide if around 50k per item is worth it, or if your pets' customisations are more important. 

Edit:

It's a gamble. I spent 500k on r90+ items and only got items worth 50k each. Which I then used along with 3 r90+ things from my closet and again only got an item worth 50k. So considering I could have got 150k from the stuff in my closet, and wouldn't have wasted 500k, yeah not worth it. But people are getting stamps and other things worth millions. 

I got fairly decent returns on r80+ stuff. Buying each item for about 500np, and getting prizes that, on average, were worth over 5k each. (Best was a stamp I sold for 17k) 

But the way I'm getting the best profit is the cheapest way to make loads of donations. I wrote about it in the CC goals thread but basically, buy the big blue blumaroo book for 83np from the general store. I've donated over 50 times using that and I've only had about 3 prizes that were worth less than 1k on the SSW. 

I'm aiming for a lot of donations as I want a trophy and the avatar, hence why I'm doing it that way. 

How many do you need to do for the avatar?  That would be really nice to get :)    

Just read the guide... answered my own question...

And thanks for the advice on the Big Blue Bulmaroo Book.... definitely doing that

Edited by emily_speck_15

I have been cleaning out my safe, and donating books that meet the criteria (virtually all of them).

_blessedbe_21- When you find the Charity Corner page, bookmark it. That will make it easier to get to later on.

Loved the advice on the Big Blue Blumaroo Book, it's really helped me plump up my donation levels. I also love that most of the time I'm netting an 800-1000 np gain per donation. However, after about 100 purchases I noticed that the price increased to 90 nps. I've never seen this happen at the general store... is it something that occurs after too many purchases? Has this happened for anyone else??

Yeah, I got Tropical Flora and Fauna from PetPet Park and Zombie Handbook from Grave Danger. I got around 85,000 np for both. I had 2 copies of ZH, but I kept one because I like it. I donated rarity 90+ items one time and I got a ballerina quiguki. This is showing up as around 4 million on the trades, but I don't know how easily it would sell. However, I'm not going to sell it anyway because it is so cute and I have a quiggle and I love quigukis :)

I just gave 5 copies of the Big Blue Blumaroo Book (total cost 450 np) and got The Life of a Hot Dog, a r.95 book worth 99k np! So yes, definitely able to get some decent prizes!

I just gave 5 copies of the Big Blue Blumaroo Book (total cost 450 np) and got The Life of a Hot Dog, a r.95 book worth 99k np! So yes, definitely able to get some decent prizes!

I gave a bunch of BBBB and got a 9m stamp, 900k food, 500k plushie. 

I believe they fixed this glitch, however. I felt bad for the people dishing out rare items and getting really low rarity items back. 

9m stamp? Wow, you got lucky! 

I got 8 r90+ clothes, 1 r90+ book, a gourmet food worth 200k, and two plushies worth 400k and 750k according to JN. I've sold 5 of the clothes already (for 240k), of the 3 left 1 is 55k but the others are around 70k on the SSW so not going to trade them as a CC lot. Yet. 

I've made my original goal of 100 donations. Hopefully that should be enough for the avatar and possibly a trophy. Will try for more but buying the BBBB is so tedious. 

Didn't realise until after I hit 100 donations that I'd been getting higher rarities as prizes. But I started selling them once I read TNT announcement about the glitch.  

I gave a bunch of BBBB and got a 9m stamp, 900k food, 500k plushie. 

I believe they fixed this glitch, however. I felt bad for the people dishing out rare items and getting really low rarity items back. 

Ah, yeah, that explains why I got better prizes with the BBBB than my r80 and r90+ donations.