Fall Charity Corner Avatar Available!

Emily

It looks like people have begun to be awarded the avatar for the Charity Corner event. No one is sure yet what the exact requirements are, but we will keep you updated as we get new information. If you receive the avatar, please comment and let us know the circumstances (rarities of items being donated, how many donations you've made, category of items being donated) of your donation if you remember. 

schooltools.gif

**The prevailing theory at the moment has to do with donating every day for 7 days in a row. If you've been donating every day since the event started and have/have not gotten the avvie, let us know!

The longer the event goes on, the longer it becomes evident that the avvie is awarded by time-based requirements. Many people are getting it after having donated during at least 7 days of the event, at any time (the 7 days didn't have to be in a row). Other people are speculating that you have to donate 3 days in a row within 24 hours of your last donation. Though we still can't confirm a direct solution, for those who don't yet have the avvie, your best bet is likely to try to donate a few times every day, with the donations spread out throughout the day, just in case there is a timer component. Neither the items being donated or the rarities appear to make a difference.

Yeah, there were people who tried that on the boards and got nothing. I'm wondering if it might be a combination of factors. The fact that it started being awarded today makes me think it's a combination of time and something else. I'm really hoping it's not random after donating 7 days in a row. Random avvies during events cause riots lol.

With any luck, there'll be some hint in the editorial tomorrow.

D:< I'm not liking the sound of this. I donated yesterday, and just now, I'll try for the every day for 7 days and see if I get it. :shiftyeyes_anim:

i donated every day since the event started and got nothing 

but i havent donated any R90+ items 

And likewise, I've been donating R90+ items every day since the event started (what a wonderful time to be a hoarder!), and also haven't gotten the avatar.

Hopefully, TNT will drop a hint in the editorial tomorrow. I'm just hoping that it's not entirely random, especially since the event is already halfway over.

Yeah random avvies during events are not cool. Especially events like this that cause crazy inflation all over the place. 

After reading the replies here, on the boards, and on Reddit, I'm honestly starting to wonder if it wasn't activated right away. In that case, it'll be really hard to pin down the requirements because whatever was done up until it was actually activated won't count, and we'd have no way of telling what the trigger is since all our stats are cumulative from our first donation.

In case anyone is curious about the avvies:

schooltools.gif  charitycorner.gif

New         Old

The art on the new one is my favourite of the two, so I'm hoping we figure it out!

I got the avatar after 114 donations. 

I definitely donated every day, and donated across every range. 

I hope it isn't random. It would really suck considering how crazy inflation and buying has been for the past few days. 

I just got it with my 112th donation. Donated 5 "copies" of BBBB, purchased from the Neopia Ever Stocked General Store. As I'm sure most of you already know, it is only r30. Hmmm...of those who have posted so far, I wonder if it is connected to an even number (supersnuggle: 1472, hkat2006: 204, decchild: 114, myself: 112, geoterza: about 600)? But that makes no sense...so random. I forgot to get the time I got it.

EDIT: Believe time was approx 8:30 pm NST.

Well I've just donated 5 books from each rarity tier, and not received the avatar, so now I need to remember to donate for the next 5 days (gonna be BBBB copies all the way for those!) so that I hit 7 days in a row, and hope that works :woot: this is 124 donations for me.

what's a BBBB ?

maybe we need to donate from all categories , not rarities .. like Books + Clothes + Supplies ?

i've donated only books   

EDIT :

i donated clothes .. school supplies .. and a combination of all 3 categories .. 

104 donations so far .. 

nothing .

Oh, I've been neglecting to donate every day. I'll start to try and donate at least once each day, really don't want to miss out on an another avatar cus of me being forgetful lol.

I also donated over a hundred items on the first day and got nothing, if that means anything.

I'm not going to go out of my way and try everything possible to get the avatar, however being that there are still books available for less than 500 np, I can afford to donate for 7 days and see if that works.

I have donated all rarities from 65-95, I have donated books, clothes, and school supplies, the only thing I don't remember is if I have missed any days of donating.  I have NOT received the avatar though.  So I don't think it has to do with rarity unless it is rarity AND donating for 7 days in a row.  Hopefully you don't have to donate r90+ in EVERY category (clothes, books and school supplies), Whew!  That would be expensive.

I'd hope they'd not make it so complicated, it's not what they usually do, is it? It's gonna be 5 days before I'm going to know if what I've done's enough though, I can only remeber to donate every day in the meantime, and wait and see!