Reintegrated Into the Matrix

carlyle

Howdy everyone! I haven't been active for around half a year I think, but I decided to pick up Neopets again. All I can really think of for the occasion is this website I remember that likened Neopets to the Matrix. It was a really silly website, because anyone can literally choose to not play Neopets after some thoughtful consideration, but in hindsight, the comparison was a pretty cute idea.  :laughingsmiley:

Anyways, look forwards to chatting here again!

Hi and welcome :)  I never thought about Neopets being like the Matrix, that's funny. Neopets may be a virtual world, but it is really fun to be a part of it.

Apparently the site which wrote about this has been taken down, but the ultimate agenda of the site was to get people to quit playing Neopets. It presented less savory aspects of the Neopets site like censorship, lagging, and its "addictiveness" in order to support their main point. The author(s) tried to sound edgy while doing so, but c'mon, this is Neopets we are talking about - none of us plays to impress anyone in the first place! My impression is that the writers missed one too many Morphing Potions when restocking!  :laughingsmiley:

Do you know of any cool new activities that have been introduced to Neopia in the past several months?

Haha, wow, I wish I could read what you're referring to! Too bad it was taken down, sounds humorous. Anyway, welcome back!! I came back recently too, after going on hiatus for a year or two. It seems like there's a lot of new stuff! Charity Corner is going on right now. They released an app you can earn 50k a day from. That's about all I know about. I'm sure you'll discover more! Have fun!!