New to TDN

jingfah

Hello!

I'm, as a number of introduction posts have noted, old to neopets and new to TDN. I have a lot of names that I go by (Asa, Mimi, Jing(y), etc.) and I will respond to any/all of them. If my oldest account on NP is to be trusted, I've been on the website off and on for somewhere close to 14 years now. No matter how long I'm away, I always find myself coming back to it.

I've got two cats and two fish. I am currently finishing up my undergrad (I should be graduating in the spring!!) and I work at my local library. I enjoy spending ridiculous amounts of time - and money - on books, video games, and collecting both avatars and Usuki stuff on neopets.

It's nice to meet all of you, and I'm always happy to make new friends, so feel free to add me/talk to me whenever!

Hi and welcome to the boards :) Yes, Neopets is one of those sites that despite any problems, overall it is just so much fun and so much to do, no wonder people keep coming back and have been on for years. I love reading as well, mostly classic adventure stories, my favorite is Treasure Island. I also like video games, mostly PS2 character games, such as Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, stuff like that. Anyway, lovely day to you!

Welcome to TDN! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, as we are all very helpful here!

I'm also on an off Neo and I collect Meerca items.

What books do you like to read? :)

You know, Meerca Chase has always been my absolute favorite game, even back when it was in a popup window, and I have no idea why. I've never had a Meerca before - I'm partial to Lupes more than anything else - but I've never spent as much time on anything as I have on Meerca Chase.... I'm not even good at it. It's baffling.

I enjoy anything if it's well written enough! I'm especially partial to sci-fi and fantasy, but I am unashamed to admit that I'm really fond of the dystopia thing that's been happening in YA too. Also mysteries. Michael Connelly is probably one of my favorite authors and I have read almost every book he has ever written. 

What about you? What books do you like to read? (I could probably talk forever about books if you let me)

Hi and welcome to the boards :) Yes, Neopets is one of those sites that despite any problems, overall it is just so much fun and so much to do, no wonder people keep coming back and have been on for years. I love reading as well, mostly classic adventure stories, my favorite is Treasure Island. I also like video games, mostly PS2 character games, such as Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, stuff like that. Anyway, lovely day to you!

Thank you! Classics are pretty great, but I don't actually think I ever got around to reading Treasure Island. I definitely need to fix that. Also, both Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter are great games and I'm pretty excited to meet someone who loves PS2 games as much as I do. You have excellent taste in video games.

Hi and welcome to the TDN forums! :)

You know, Meerca Chase has always been my absolute favorite game, even back when it was in a popup window, and I have no idea why. I've never had a Meerca before - I'm partial to Lupes more than anything else - but I've never spent as much time on anything as I have on Meerca Chase.... I'm not even good at it. It's baffling.

Meerca Chase is based off the arcade game Snake. I'm a fan of the game myself, but my experience with Snake-based games is mostly tied with playing the game Uncle Worm on my Graphing Calculator! :P

I think that the game's main allure is its simplicity - easy to learn, hard to master. Its probably hard for any game developer to "mess up" an otherwise good game concept when the number of features they include into it are very limited.

Hi and welcome to the TDN forums! :)

Meerca Chase is based off the arcade game Snake. I'm a fan of the game myself, but my experience with Snake-based games is mostly tied with playing the game Uncle Worm on my Graphing Calculator! :P

I think that the game's main allure is its simplicity - easy to learn, hard to master. Its probably hard for any game developer to "mess up" an otherwise good game concept when the number of features they include into it are very limited.

Hello and thank you!

While I never played the arcade version, I did steal my mother's cell phone a lot as a child in order to play snake - back when that was was the default (and maybe the only?) game that came with cellphones! - and I was never very good at that version of it either. I think you might be right about the allure, though. It's simple enough to make me think I can win, so I keep coming back for more even after I've realized that I'm horrible at the game..

Hiya! It`s always neat to see someone come back to Neo - I`m  a returner myself and a Grarrl addict.

Really helpful folk here, oh - except me! I never know anything! lol

It's quite alright, I'm not sure I really know much even after having played so long. For instance, I had no idea Grarrls apparently eat stuff either in your inventory or equipped to them?? I feel like this is probably very basic NP information, but I've never had a Grarrl before so it was completely astonishing to me. And I only learned this fact a couple hours ago at most..

But thank you for the welcome and hopefully we'll learn together!

Welcome back to Neopets and welcome to TDN! We all seem to find our way back to Neopets after a long hiatus. I also feel I should know way more about the game, but it seems to be a daily learning process lol. So glad to have the friendly folks at TDN to help out!