Which Challengers to Fight?

This is the biggest thing I have trouble with, Battledome-wise. My most-wanted items would be training related items, or (duh) high value resell-able items like PBs. 

My dome pet, Callice the Lupe's, stats are:
Level 26
HP: 47
Strength: 40
Defense: 40
Move: 34

And his current weapon set is (though I'm not against changing it a bit):

Battle Ready Pencil Box
Bronze Scorchstone
Downsize!
Ghostkerchief Dagger
King Kelpbeards Blessing

Lead Shield
Scarab Ring
Steaming Skeem Potion

With abilities:
Static Cling
Shade
Positive Thinking
An Icicle

Which challengers am I most likely to beat? Which ones will drop items I'll want?

I'd suggest trying the koi warrior on easy and see if you can beat him. He drops a fair share of codestones and some dubloons. He's the only one I battle everyday. :)

Guest VioletFlare

I think the Chia Clown gives away Rainbow Paint Brushes? Pretty rare, though.

Boochi sometimes gives out Ultra Nerkmids, Kauvara gives out MPs and Nerkmids...

Central Arena seems to be a good place to start, I guess. ^^'

Oh, Jellyneo has a list of prizes for every challenger! Still working on it, though...

http://battlepedia.jellyneo.net/?go=battle_prizes&dome=0

I have the same question actually. (I went through the link on what they drop, which is really nice, thanks!)

I sort of mechanically train but have been fighting the same thing (Ghost Lupe) forever, just as a daily really. Is there some sort of function out there that matches my stats with challengers to see which ones I could beat, given level appropriate weapons? (I get weapon recommendations from Battlepedia, but am using Bow of Destiny, Scuzzy's Comb and Jar of Brains. Really I end up DWing BoD and JoB, because with Ghost Lupe the JoB keeps me at full health so I can fly through the battles.

There is no "challenger matcher" but you can calculate the damage you can potentially deal using our damage calculator: http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/site/damagecalculator/

Basically, just search for your weapon and check out and plug in the values. For example, your Bow of Destiny deals 13 icons, let's say your pet's strength is 40 (stances are no longer used in the BD), so your base damage is 20, meaning you can deal up to 20 damage on your opponent granted it isn't blocked.

But if you aren't up for all that math stuff, I generally go by how much HP my pet has. If it's around the same as a challenger's, then that's a safe bet. Although Koi Warrior has a high chance of dropping codestones, so it's worth giving him a shot. S750 Kreludan Defender Robot is the weakest Neocola Centre opponent, and they have a chance to drop Armoured Neggs, which are pretty valuable as well.

Yes, as Rune said, I was also going to say, Kreluden Defender Robot.  If you fight him on Medium or Hard, which is 28 HPs on hard, he drops codestones, red codestones, neocola tokens, and armoured neggs.  Another good one is Zafara Rogue.  He drops a lot of codestones too, but you may need to build up your HPs a little bit to fight him on medium difficulty.  Harry the Mutant Moehog drops red Moehog MPs.  I have gotten 2 of those.  Pant devil drops codestones too.

Great! Thanks! The calculator tells me I have 39 hp base damage with my BoD, which I take to mean I can pretty much 1-shot mobs with 39 hp. I know I 1-shot the Fire Meerca (switched to him yesterday for his books). Is it worth switching to something icontastic like Sword of Skarsden, when it's basically only 3 icons more (and nearly all dark)?

(I ask, because BoD is about 1m, but SoS is 9m, that seems a ridiculous jump for 3 icons.)

I would not go for a Sowrd of Skardsen if you are just doing BD for drops :) There's a good number of opponents you can beat with your BoD. If you would like to improve your damage, training is a better use of your funds than a new weapon. Dubloons and codestones are much more afforable!