newbie!!

sourcasm

Hello!

I'm Jade, I live in England and I am 20 years old (that's not too old for this game right? haha)
I started playing neopets when I was in my early teens and had an on/off thing with it for a couple of years after that.
Unfortunately forgot all of my details and had to make a new account!! (crying at the loss of all those neopoints)

My username on there is the same as here - you'll have to excuse me as I am just getting back in the swing of things because I was absent for so long! There's just so much to do! (I've literally only joined a couple of hours ago)

Looking forward to becoming a regular again, it's just nice to have a little break from work and have something to take your mind off things (other than scrolling aimlessly down facebook haha)

Nice to meet you all! Feel free to hit me up in game :)

Hey Jade,

Welcome to the Daily Neopets Forums! I hope you have a great time coming back to Neo. Most people who are still around have the same story you do (including me); started playing early teens and and on/off thing. I can't speak for everyone, but my guess is that the average age is about 20 years old. So I'm sure you're not too old for this game! (Can you ever be too old for a game you enjoy playing?)

Be sure to check The Daily Neopets Guides as they are very helpful and informative. If you have any questions though, feel free to ask anyone on the forums. We are all willing to help. If you want to chat, don't hesitate to send me a PM on here or Neomail on Neo. 

See you around!

ps. When your account has aged quite a bit and you've gotten some NP to spare and want to get some avvies, be sure to check out the Avatar Lending Programme, hosted by TDN :)

Hey Jade,

Welcome to the Daily Neopets Forums! I hope you have a great time coming back to Neo. Most people who are still around have the same story you do (including me); started playing early teens and and on/off thing. I can't speak for everyone, but my guess is that the average age is about 20 years old. So I'm sure you're not too old for this game! (Can you ever be too old for a game you enjoy playing?)

Be sure to check The Daily Neopets Guides as they are very helpful and informative. If you have any questions though, feel free to ask anyone on the forums. We are all willing to help. If you want to chat, don't hesitate to send me a PM on here or Neomail on Neo. 

See you around!

ps. When your account has aged quite a bit and you've gotten some NP to spare and want to get some avvies, be sure to check out the Avatar Lending Programme, hosted by TDN :)

Thank you! I'm sure I will :) 

Ah brilliant! I had a little snoop around the forums and most of the users here seemed quite mature but I still assumed the age would be quite young considering the game haha. Glad I'm not the only 20 something year old on here then! 

I will thank you very much! 

No problem at all! If you build up a positive reputation, the community here is very very helpful. If you want to snatch some 'cheap' trades or promote, there is a thread on the forum to advertise trades and some members even offer discounts for TDN members ;)

I love England by the way. Would love to live there!

No problem at all! If you build up a positive reputation, the community here is very very helpful. If you want to snatch some 'cheap' trades or promote, there is a thread on the forum to advertise trades and some members even offer discounts for TDN members ;)

I love England by the way. Would love to live there!

Oh that's great to know, thank you! I'm excited to get to know this forum and all of the users, it sounds really interesting!

Really? anywhere in particular? I do love it here the only downfall is the weather!

Me and a couple friends of mine might be making a trip to the Netherlands soon actually :)

Hello and welcome!

If I was one of the ones that you thought sounded more mature (possibly due to the numbers I threw around?), it only makes me sound older because I started playing neopets when I was 11! So my 13.5 years of gameplay have brought me to the ripe old age of 24. I'm not actually much older than you - although when I was 20, 24 seemed like ages off, so...

Also, I have to agree that it seems like most of us have had an on/off relationship with this website. So I would say you're in good company. Plus I think it's pretty cool that something I enjoyed doing is still fun for me well over ten years later.

Hello and welcome!

If I was one of the ones that you thought sounded more mature (possibly due to the numbers I threw around?), it only makes me sound older because I started playing neopets when I was 11! So my 13.5 years of gameplay have brought me to the ripe old age of 24. I'm not actually much older than you - although when I was 20, 24 seemed like ages off, so...

Also, I have to agree that it seems like most of us have had an on/off relationship with this website. So I would say you're in good company. Plus I think it's pretty cool that something I enjoyed doing is still fun for me well over ten years later.

Hello! Thank you :)

Oh wow that seems like ages! saying that it doesn't feel too long since I was around that age, how time flies!

You guys have made me feel so much better, nice to know there are some mature gamers out there who love the game as much as I once did (and hopefully do again!)

Yes, totally with you on that one. It's just simplistic and it's one of those games that doesn't go out of fashion - there's loads to do no wonder people keep coming back haha!

Don't worry, there are lots of ol' timers playing Neo. I've been in and out, but my account is 13.5 years old and I was surely a full grown adult when began playing. Take care and get fun.

Thank you very much! Hopefully I will see you around the forums :)

I'm Jade, I live in England and I am 20 years old (that's not too old for this game right? haha)

I started playing neopets when I was in my early teens and had an on/off thing with it for a couple of years after that.

Unfortunately forgot all of my details and had to make a new account!! (crying at the loss of all those neopoints)

Interestingly enough, that is the story of many Neopets players you meet on this site now. Never mind the part about people playing Neopets earlier in their lives and then returning years later, but indeed, most Neopets players are actually 20-something-year-olds named Jade as well! I don't fall under this ridiculous narrative of playing Neopets during childhood (I was a cool kid back then) - I haven't played AT ALL before my account here was created. By the way, call me Jade.  :cigar:

Joking aside, welcome to TDNForums.  :laughingsmiley:

You'll find that making Neopoints is a lot easier than it was before! Good luck with your fortune hunting! :)

Really? anywhere in particular? I do love it here the only downfall is the weather!

Me and a couple friends of mine might be making a trip to the Netherlands soon actually :)

Anywhere where people with amazing accents live. The weather in The Netherlands is pretty similar, so I won't have any problem there!

We have quite a lot to offer to tourists! Please do not only visit Amsterdam, that does not give a proper introduction to the Dutch culture. If you like art, be sure to visit the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam. Also, taste our delicious stroopwafels :D

Interestingly enough, that is the story of many Neopets players you meet on this site now. Never mind the part about people playing Neopets earlier in their lives and then returning years later, but indeed, most Neopets players are actually 20-something-year-olds named Jade as well! I don't fall under this ridiculous narrative of playing Neopets during childhood (I was a cool kid back then) - I haven't played AT ALL before my account here was created. By the way, call me Jade.  :cigar:

Joking aside, welcome to TDNForums.  :laughingsmiley:

You'll find that making Neopoints is a lot easier than it was before! Good luck with your fortune hunting! :)

Haha! Nice name ;) thank you for your welcome!

I've been playing a game on my lunch break at work and I was unknowingly collecting neopoints! 

It seems so much easier than before, still the aspect of a challenge there though which is what I like. :) 

See you round the forums! 

Anywhere where people with amazing accents live. The weather in The Netherlands is pretty similar, so I won't have any problem there!

We have quite a lot to offer to tourists! Please do not only visit Amsterdam, that does not give a proper introduction to the Dutch culture. If you like art, be sure to visit the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam. Also, taste our delicious stroopwafels :D

Well there are lots of different accents here! Ours is for sure one of the weirder ones lol.

That's good, make sure you bring a brolly! haha.

Oh thank you, that's where my friends and I were planning on visiting but we all want to have a little explore and not stay in the same place - I'll be sure to make a note of that! You never know we could end up passing each other in the city haha!

Well there are lots of different accents here! Ours is for sure one of the weirder ones lol.

That's good, make sure you bring a brolly! haha.

Oh thank you, that's where my friends and I were planning on visiting but we all want to have a little explore and not stay in the same place - I'll be sure to make a note of that! You never know we could end up passing each other in the city haha!

I've had to look up what on earth a brolly was, but it looks like a combination of a tent and an umbrella. Which is crazy, but okay, seems cool to sleep in :P

Ofcourse, you have The Hague (where our government is seated, lots and lots of historic buildings) and Rotterdam (the largest cargo port in Europe, though not very interesting unless you're interested in huuuge ships and huuuge containers). If you're not easily scared, be sure to check out the Amsterdam Dungeon, it can get very pricey but it's definitely worth it! I live in the south part of the Netherlands, near Limburg (one of our provinces with the best pie). If you have a chance to visit Den Bosch (roughly translated into The Forest, from The Dukes Forest), try to go there because there is a really rich history of the Dutch culture there (almost all of our cities do :P) and you have to try the 'Bossche Bollen' which are 'Dukes Orbs' (roughly translated). They are giant profiteroles, about the size of a tennis ball, filled with whipped cream and coated with chocolate. They are DELICIOUS  :wub_anim:

Click the spoiler to see a picture :)

99ca2cba9a1076f43e06da8840498c64ab4c2122

I've had to look up what on earth a brolly was, but it looks like a combination of a tent and an umbrella. Which is crazy, but okay, seems cool to sleep in :P

Ofcourse, you have The Hague (where our government is seated, lots and lots of historic buildings) and Rotterdam (the largest cargo port in Europe, though not very interesting unless you're interested in huuuge ships and huuuge containers). If you're not easily scared, be sure to check out the Amsterdam Dungeon, it can get very pricey but it's definitely worth it! I live in the south part of the Netherlands, near Limburg (one of our provinces with the best pie). If you have a chance to visit Den Bosch (roughly translated into The Forest, from The Dukes Forest), try to go there because there is a really rich history of the Dutch culture there (almost all of our cities do :P) and you have to try the 'Bossche Bollen' which are 'Dukes Orbs' (roughly translated). They are giant profiteroles, about the size of a tennis ball, filled with whipped cream and coated with chocolate. They are DELICIOUS  :wub_anim:

Click the spoiler to see a picture :)

99ca2cba9a1076f43e06da8840498c64ab4c2122

Oh sorry! My bad haha. A brolly is an umbrella, just a slang term we use here.

Oh that sounds so interesting! I'll definitely be visiting the dungeon, I love anything scary (although I am a total wimp believe it or not :P)

They look absolutely delicious! I'll definitely have to try those, they're making my mouth water just looking at the picture!

You seem to know a lot about your city's history  -  far more than I know about mine, although I suppose there are more than just a couple of places to visit here.

If you do get a chance to pop over to our country then I totally recommend making a little trip up to the Lake District. Absolutely gorgeous views and if you love walking then it's perfect - the only problem is the weather! 

Oh sorry! My bad haha. A brolly is an umbrella, just a slang term we use here.

Oh that sounds so interesting! I'll definitely be visiting the dungeon, I love anything scary (although I am a total wimp believe it or not :P)

They look absolutely delicious! I'll definitely have to try those, they're making my mouth water just looking at the picture!

You seem to know a lot about your city's history  -  far more than I know about mine, although I suppose there are more than just a couple of places to visit here.

If you do get a chance to pop over to our country then I totally recommend making a little trip up to the Lake District. Absolutely gorgeous views and if you love walking then it's perfect - the only problem is the weather! 

You know, the thing is that The Netherlands is a pretty small country. You drive through from the farthest south to the most north in about 3,5 hours by car so I've been to most places myself, haha. We have loads of "traditional" food; (open the spoiler for pictures, I don't want to spam the forums) I've had everything myself :P

tompoes.png These are called tompouces, which is puff pastry (bladerdeeg) with whipped cream and icing

stroopwafel-voor-boven-pagina.jpg These are stroopwafels, (treacle waffle) which is a waflle made from baked dough and syrup stuff in the middle, also very tasty.

poffertjes.jpg These are called "poffertjes" and are like small pancakes, usually we eat them when it's fall or winter, because it's warm and very sweet 

drop4.jpg This is drop, aslo known as licorice. You can find it almost everywhere and it has different taste. Some are sweet, some are sour. There is also so called 'salmiak' which is very salty

This thing over here is made completely out of chocolate.

roomchocoladeletter-275-deluxe3.jpgThis is the shape of the letter S, as it stands for Sinterklaas. If you come to the Netherlands between October - December you'll find them in almost every store, having all letters of the alphabet. It's a gift we give to others during our Sinterklaas holiday. You have them in milk chocolate, dark chocolate and white chocolate and hazelnuts (and loads of other pralines)  (It's sort of like Santa Claus, but it's the 5th of December and not Christmas, but we do have that too. Santa Claus actually comes from Sinterklaas!)

kruidnoten-200x200.jpg - With Sinterklaas comes 'kruidnoten' which  literally translates into 'spice nuts'. We eat them alot during the holidays (October - September). In fact, I am eating them right now. Although mine are covered in chocolate!

kaaskamer5.jpg After all those sweets, you might think we have nothing healthy in our country! We do! We eat loads of cheese, use loads of butter and drink loads of milk. All (well, most of it) produced in our own country. There are too many kinds of cheese to name right now. My favorite cheese is "jonge kaas" which basically means it has aged for about a month. 

If you've read that all and you enjoyed it, I'm proud to be a teacher of the Dutch culture on this forums. I do want to move to England, but I'm very proud of my country :) (I probably spent waaay too much time on this but I enjoyed it!)

The Lake District looks soooo gorgeous. I've only been to London (twice though) and I loved the city and the culture there. I've always loved English, ever since I started playing Runescape (when I was like 7 or so). My boyfriend likes going into the mountains and maybe he'll fall in love with England too when we go there! England is so expensive though :P

You know, the thing is that The Netherlands is a pretty small country. You drive through from the farthest south to the most north in about 3,5 hours by car so I've been to most places myself, haha. We have loads of "traditional" food; (open the spoiler for pictures, I don't want to spam the forums) I've had everything myself :P

tompoes.png These are called tompouces, which is puff pastry (bladerdeeg) with whipped cream and icing

stroopwafel-voor-boven-pagina.jpg These are stroopwafels, (treacle waffle) which is a waflle made from baked dough and syrup stuff in the middle, also very tasty.

poffertjes.jpg These are called "poffertjes" and are like small pancakes, usually we eat them when it's fall or winter, because it's warm and very sweet 

drop4.jpg This is drop, aslo known as licorice. You can find it almost everywhere and it has different taste. Some are sweet, some are sour. There is also so called 'salmiak' which is very salty

This thing over here is made completely out of chocolate.

roomchocoladeletter-275-deluxe3.jpgThis is the shape of the letter S, as it stands for Sinterklaas. If you come to the Netherlands between October - December you'll find them in almost every store, having all letters of the alphabet. It's a gift we give to others during our Sinterklaas holiday. You have them in milk chocolate, dark chocolate and white chocolate and hazelnuts (and loads of other pralines)  (It's sort of like Santa Claus, but it's the 5th of December and not Christmas, but we do have that too. Santa Claus actually comes from Sinterklaas!)

kruidnoten-200x200.jpg - With Sinterklaas comes 'kruidnoten' which  literally translates into 'spice nuts'. We eat them alot during the holidays (October - September). In fact, I am eating them right now. Although mine are covered in chocolate!

kaaskamer5.jpg After all those sweets, you might think we have nothing healthy in our country! We do! We eat loads of cheese, use loads of butter and drink loads of milk. All (well, most of it) produced in our own country. There are too many kinds of cheese to name right now. My favorite cheese is "jonge kaas" which basically means it has aged for about a month. 

If you've read that all and you enjoyed it, I'm proud to be a teacher of the Dutch culture on this forums. I do want to move to England, but I'm very proud of my country :) (I probably spent waaay too much time on this but I enjoyed it!)

The Lake District looks soooo gorgeous. I've only been to London (twice though) and I loved the city and the culture there. I've always loved English, ever since I started playing Runescape (when I was like 7 or so). My boyfriend likes going into the mountains and maybe he'll fall in love with England too when we go there! England is so expensive though :P

Wow!! I am definitely bookmarking this to come back to for when we go, thank you so much for taking the time to write it out!

You definitely do seem very proud of where you come from, no wonder! it sounds great!

I'm really looking forward to paying a visit now, it's always nice exploring different countries especially when you find out a bit about their background :)

Yes I imagine if you were to move here then you would be a frequent visitor back home hehe :P

It is! One of my work colleagues got married up there and her photos are so gorgeous, it was raining and they still managed to come out fabulous!

I'm ashamed to say I have never visited London in my whole time of living here, it's definitely something I want to do though! There are just too many places I want to visit here haha.

Aww!! Yeah he definitely will, there's so much scenery around! Whatever you do try not to forget your camera when you come! haha.

If you've only visited London then it will be very expensive! There are cheaper places up the country - shops/hotels etc. that you can visit, I imagine London is only that expensive because of the amount of tourism it attracts, they know people will pay the money for it. :P

Wow!! I am definitely bookmarking this to come back to for when we go, thank you so much for taking the time to write it out!

You definitely do seem very proud of where you come from, no wonder! it sounds great!

I'm really looking forward to paying a visit now, it's always nice exploring different countries especially when you find out a bit about their background :)

Yes I imagine if you were to move here then you would be a frequent visitor back home hehe :P

It is! One of my work colleagues got married up there and her photos are so gorgeous, it was raining and they still managed to come out fabulous!

I'm ashamed to say I have never visited London in my whole time of living here, it's definitely something I want to do though! There are just too many places I want to visit here haha.

Aww!! Yeah he definitely will, there's so much scenery around! Whatever you do try not to forget your camera when you come! haha.

If you've only visited London then it will be very expensive! There are cheaper places up the country - shops/hotels etc. that you can visit, I imagine London is only that expensive because of the amount of tourism it attracts, they know people will pay the money for it. :P

Depending on how long you're staying, you can visit all major cities in the Netherlands ;) When exactly are you going?

Ofcourse I would be! My family lives here :P

Wow, those pics would look stunning. I definitly need to show my bf :D

London is a very busy city (duhh) but it's really nice there. So much english culture, I really love it. Yeah, I guess you're right about being very expensive. After all, it is a tourist city after all. I did pay the money, so I guess they're right haha.

Depending on how long you're staying, you can visit all major cities in the Netherlands ;) When exactly are you going?

Ofcourse I would be! My family lives here :P

Wow, those pics would look stunning. I definitly need to show my bf :D

London is a very busy city (duhh) but it's really nice there. So much english culture, I really love it. Yeah, I guess you're right about being very expensive. After all, it is a tourist city after all. I did pay the money, so I guess they're right haha.

I have no idea! We haven't talked much more about it, only that it's a place we'd really like to visit :)

Yeah! Definitely, if you're looking for anything typically British then you'll find it in London haha.

Hi Jade! I'm Cara. Welcome back to neopets, and to TDN.

No worries, I think most of us are adults. I've played neopets on and off for over half my life.

I don't have my old account anymore either, but I miss it so much! Wish I could get it back, but I honestly can't remember any of the details.

Nice username, by the way! Also, this petpage is useful for old players catching up with the game again. :)

Hope you're having a great day!

Hi Jade! I'm Cara. Welcome back to neopets, and to TDN.

No worries, I think most of us are adults. I've played neopets on and off for over half my life.

I don't have my old account anymore either, but I miss it so much! Wish I could get it back, but I honestly can't remember any of the details.

Nice username, by the way! Also, this petpage is useful for old players catching up with the game again. :)

Hope you're having a great day!

Hi Cara!

Your surname isn't Delevingne by any chance is it? ;) ahah!

Ah me too I wish I could remember but I've had so many different emails over the years I just can't remember which one I used! :(

Maybe one day it'll come back to us haha.

Thanks very much I'm checking it out now! I definitely need to catch up with what I've missed :)

You too! Thanks for the warm welcome