Best Weapons to Fight Koi Warrior?

I sniffed around in the Battlepedia but I couldn't find anything that said which weapons would be best against the Koi Warrior so I'm asking you guys. My current battle pet's stats are: 

• Level: 68
  • Health: 150
  • Strength: 132
  • Defence: 121
  • Move: 81

And she's trained in Halitosis, Meditate, Positive Thinking, and Sear.

If anyone has suggestions for weapons or thinks I should train her up some more before fighting, please let me know. Also, the cheaper the better but price isn't an end all be all. 

Before I got my Ghostkerbomb I always used Ylanas Blaster and Hansos Charisma Charm. Not sure what the going rate is for those weapons right now, but it's a place to start. Also a Scroll of Knowledge might be useful against him. :)

Given his stats,
http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/oneplayer/viewprofile/152/

I'd suggest a Leaf Shield for defense if you don't already have one. The Green one, from illusen's 29th quest. But raise your defense to 125 first, so it's even with your Strength boost.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/weapon/viewweap/1088

Depending on your gear, you might be able to fight one of my favorite opponents, the Jelly Chia.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/oneplayer/viewprofile/142/

As you can see, he's stronger, but you can get all the faeries and codestones from him, and he also has a couple exclusive items to drop. You can buy them in shops of course, but it's fun getting a few of his items as rewards. ;)

Jelly Chia's equipment is all stuff that the Leaf Shield can defense you against, except for 3 icons of Darkness on the off-chance he throws an Evil Snowball at you. So a Leaf Shield combined with a dual-duty weapon. Like Hanso Charisma Charm, or even a much cheaper Golden Compass would damage him while protecting you from most or all damage. But because his stats are closer to your's I don't know exactly how much damage you'd get. When I started on Jelly Chia, I was about triple the stats you listed. So it was easy for me to wipe the cauldron with him. Still, it might be something worth considering. You DO get a lot of spooky food that is pretty much junk-priced now. But when I was fighting him, he dropped a decent amount of worthwhile stuff usually too.

I use ghostkerbomb and hubrid nox memorial shield, and bow of.... i forgot the name O_o.    my battle pet is lvl 102 right now and i still have a hard time beating koi warrior. yea i can, but its not like a 1 shot deal. and koi warrior can get my HP down pretty low. Keep training though :) Don't give up

I use ghostkerbomb and hubrid nox memorial shield, and bow of.... i forgot the name o_O.    my battle pet is lvl 102 right now and i still have a hard time beating koi warrior. yea i can, but its not like a 1 shot deal. and koi warrior can get my HP down pretty low. Keep training though :) Don't give up

I think I know why the Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield isn't blocking more damage, if that's the only shield you use. I was looking at Koi Warrior's weapons, and he's got this, Koi Warrior Hatchet which deals a decent amount of Fire Damage, which is not blocked by that shield. Weapons are great, but in the end you can do more damage, even with weaker weapons, if you train. I have a G-bomb too, but my strongest multi-use weapon only has 15 icons, Stone Foam Finger. Yet thanks to my training, that weapon, unless blocked, will do 240 damage in one hit. If my opponent is frozen, or if I use the lens flare or Warlock's Rage abilities, it will do 240 damage.

The bow you can't recall the name of, might it be the Bow of Destiny? It's a decent weapon. 13 icons is decent, and it's hard to get since it comes from NQ2 on Insane mode. Which your strength being under 200, your strength boost multiplier is 3. Meaning the most damage the Bow will do for you right now is 39, unblocked of course. When you get your Strength to 200, the boost multiplier goes up to 4.5, meaning a Bow of Destiny will do 58.5 damage. I forget if they round up, but probably. lol ;)

Here is a link to the strength and defense boosts (they are the same, just one helps offense, one helps defense XD)

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/battle-strength-defense-boosts/

To calculate damage,  you can use our damage calculator.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/site/damagecalculator/

Or, the forumla is fairly simple. It's number of icons the weapon has, multiplied by your boost = the max damage you can do. So if they're frozen or something, that amount of damage WILL be dealt. It's different if they raise a defense of course.

I hope this helps! :)

I use the Lens Flare and Brynn's Sword of Wraith Smiting.  Together they take The Koi Warrior out in one round when my strength got above 250. However, my battle pet is now level 400 and has a strength of 717.  I try to fight more difficult warriors when I have time.

Before the strength boost, I combined the aforementioned things with the Ring of the Sway, a combination that never failed me.

My friend and I also postulate the The Koi Warrior drops codestones more often than the others.  I usually get 4-8 per day and have frequently received more than 10.

I use the Lens Flare and Brynn's Sword of Wraith Smiting.  Together they take The Koi Warrior out in one round when my strength got above 250. However, my battle pet is now level 400 and has a strength of 717.  I try to fight more difficult warriors when I have time.

Before the strength boost, I combined the aforementioned things with the Ring of the Sway, a combination that never failed me.

My friend and I also postulate the The Koi Warrior drops codestones more often than the others.  I usually get 4-8 per day and have frequently received more than 10.

Regarding your theory about the Koi Warrior's drops. A lot of people tend to agree that he's one of, if not the best for getting codestones and/or bottled faeries. I prefer Jelly Chia myself, though I've been trying to get a certain Codestone to drop from Tekkitu the Witch Doctor, so I haven't fought anyone other than him for quite sometime, not counting the Skirmish battles after I battle Tekkitu. The guy's just stingy as he won't drop a Zed Codestone for me. lol I've gotten every other codestone and faerie from him though. Another thing to look at, is if an opponent drops a rare item that you can use or sell. You can get Nerkmids, books, stamps, even plushies that can sell for a few thousand NP or higher depending on whom you fight. If you find items pictured/listed in their 1-player profiles on TDN's battlepedia, that means that ACTUAL TDN STAFFers have managed to win(and obviously confirm) those items from those opponents.

For example, Jelly Chia can drop 2 stamps and at least 1 book. among each codestone type, faerie type and a whole heck of a lot of now-cheap Spooky Foods. The stamps have dropped GREATLY in price. But still worth a few K in the user shops. ;)

• 1 month later...

What I can say is if you need items to participate in the charity event, the items you get from koi is pretty good.  The books have high rarity. Plus I hoard everything so I managed to donate 100 times without having to look too hard. I will give jelly chia a try; I have never battled him before.

And level is not as relevant, my pet is level 5 right now XD but has 200+ strength and 500 hit points so with my Dr. Sloth Personal Bath Buddy and Hanso Charisma Charm, I can strike Koi Warrior down with one strike. My defense is low. And the other thing I do is use a healing potion so I pretty much don't leave the battle until I get 15 items.

But where do you get nerkmids? I think I got it once but don't remember which opponent.

What I can say is if you need items to participate in the charity event, the items you get from koi is pretty good.  The books have high rarity. Plus I hoard everything so I managed to donate 100 times without having to look too hard. I will give jelly chia a try; I have never battled him before.

And level is not as relevant, my pet is level 5 right now XD but has 200+ strength and 500 hit points so with my Dr. Sloth Personal Bath Buddy and Hanso Charisma Charm, I can strike Koi Warrior down with one strike. My defense is low. And the other thing I do is use a healing potion so I pretty much don't leave the battle until I get 15 items.

But where do you get nerkmids? I think I got it once but don't remember which opponent.

Boochi, Chia Clown, Kauvara, and Punchbag Bob all have Nerkmids in their prize pools.  Not sure about drop rates but Kauvara has two different kind of Nerkmids to the other three's one.

For Premium members, the Cosmic Dome challengers have Nerkmids as a possible prize.