Yay for feeding first Kad

rntracy1

I am so excited, I finally got to feed my first Kad.  Every time I tried to feed one, I would see the same names over and over again.  I can understand feeding until you get the avatar, but I don't understand the overfeeding AT ALL!!  Can someone please explain that concept to me and the point of it?  Once you have the gold kad trophy and the avatar, why keep feeding and taking opportunities from others who are trying to get either their FIRST feed, like me, or the avatar? 

Congrats Tracy! I stopped when I got the avatar, but I'll probably start feeding again eventually. Honestly after you get used to it - kadding is pretty fun and I think it kind of sucks a lot of people in - especially with the site being kind of slow right now ^_^ If I do keep feeding though I'll have a stopping point in mind that I won't go beyond (100 maybe?) I don't plan on feeding forever lol.

Congrats Tracy! I stopped when I got the avatar, but I'll probably start feeding again eventually. Honestly after you get used to it - kadding is pretty fun and I think it kind of sucks a lot of people in - especially with the site being kind of slow right now ^_^ If I do keep feeding though I'll have a stopping point in mind that I won't go beyond (100 maybe?) I don't plan on feeding forever lol.

I knew you were working on the avatar, I didn't realize you had gotten it.  Congrats.  I guess I understand that logic.  But there are people who are over 3000.  That is crazy.  They feed at every main.  It is frustrating for those who are trying to get their first feed or avatar.  I just really hit it right, and happened to have an expensive item in my SDB.  I guess maybe it was like me, playing NQ2 over and over.  Some people might think after getting the gold trophy and avatars, why would you want to play anymore.  LOL.  I thoroughly enjoy the game and could answer any question about it.  Probably the same thing.  But the difference is, I am not taking away from others for my own enjoyment for no purpose.  IDK. :eh:

Congrats on the feed! If you hang out at their board in the games section, I think you'll find that the overfeeders are really helpful people and love to help mewbies ( new kadders) c: They enjoy kadding like any other neopets game and they aren't playing because they wanna take other people's chances! Believe me, I felt this way in the beginning too but then when I started kadding, I realized how fun and exciting it was! 

Congrats! I know the feeling. I finally fed my first one last week!! 

Congrats!  It feels great once you finally get it.  I feel like I have all this food I bought for them and got stuck with.  lol.

Well done :) I could never quite get the hang of it! May have to give it another try soon

Me neither.  I would quickly buy something from a shop and by the time I got back, I got the, "sorry, this kad has been fed by......."  It got frustrating.  But I was on my side account last night at 2am and happened to click on it, and the main just went.  ALL the kads were available to be fed.  I quickly went back to my main account, refreshed the kads, and A lot of them were still available including one looking for a super icy negg.  I happened to have it in my SDB and got it out, clicked on the Kad, expecting to see that same message.  To my surprise I got, "Congratulations........." I was super psyched.  FINALLY!!  I just wanted the kad trophy.  Maybe I will go for the avatar.  We'll see.

Congrats on the feed! If you hang out at their board in the games section, I think you'll find that the overfeeders are really helpful people and love to help mewbies ( new kadders) c: They enjoy kadding like any other neopets game and they aren't playing because they wanna take other people's chances! Believe me, I felt this way in the beginning too but then when I started kadding, I realized how fun and exciting it was! 

Yes, I have been to the board.  I understand the main and mini, but it never seems to go at that time.  Honestly, I just happened to hit it REALLY lucky.  I know that if I want to be able to do it, I have to put my time and effort into it like any other game.  I guess when you see the same names over and over again, and you click on them and see over 7000 fed, over 4000 fed, over 2000 fed, it feels like, "sheesh, give someone else a chance to get ONE!"

Awesome and congrats! This is one of the toughest avatars to get, let alone one feed, imho. It can get addicting and frustrating. I think the "overfeeding" is due to the social and interactive aspect of the game. Social - if you follow the Kad board, they chat, play games, restock, etc, between feeds. It's kinda like being here, in the TDN forums. Might as well feed a Kad with fellow Kadders, since that is what the board is for. You get to know people and new ones always drop in. Interactive - this is one of the few "multiplayer" games on Neopets. Sure there is the two-player Battledome and when KeyQuest comes back, but with Kadding you are up against an unknown amount of people trying to get a feed. It is a "rush" when you get your first feed, and I think that exhilaration is what can get addicting. Personally, I enjoy it, but lately, more people seem to be coming to the "kad" side, and I haven't been able to get many feeds in, so it is getting somewhat frustruating. Generally, it doesn't cost too much to Kad, but I do not see myself becoming an overfeeder, as I do not see the point of spending my NP on something with little or no return, once the avatar has been obtained. But, it is a game and everyone should be able to play, if they wish, no matter how many feeds they have. Plus, how cool would it be to "pwn" a master feeder? Talk about "kred". I heard it is easier to feed from 12 am NST to 4 or 5 am NST, but I am usually in the mix starting at 5 pm NST until bedtime, or earlier, if I lose determination. Anyhow, it is nice to see or hear about another TDNer kadding. Hope to see your name out there more. You are trying to go "pink", right? If I happen to "pwn" your feed, may you "pwn" me back. Good luck!

EDIT: Please don't judge and please don't ask how, but I believe I found my kad "I got pwned" theme song. Yes, sad, I know. It is Taylor Swift's "Haunted". Listen to the chorus, think about the kadding process/method, and how you feel after not getting a feed. It (the song) kinda fits...

Awesome and congrats! This is one of the toughest avatars to get, let alone one feed, imho. It can get addicting and frustrating. I think the "overfeeding" is due to the social and interactive aspect of the game. Social - if you follow the Kad board, they chat, play games, restock, etc, between feeds. It's kinda like being here, in the TDN forums. Might as well feed a Kad with fellow Kadders, since that is what the board is for. You get to know people and new ones always drop in. Interactive - this is one of the few "multiplayer" games on Neopets. Sure there is the two-player Battledome and when KeyQuest comes back, but with Kadding you are up against an unknown amount of people trying to get a feed. It is a "rush" when you get your first feed, and I think that exhilaration is what can get addicting. Personally, I enjoy it, but lately, more people seem to be coming to the "kad" side, and I haven't been able to get many feeds in, so it is getting somewhat frustruating. Generally, it doesn't cost too much to Kad, but I do not see myself becoming an overfeeder, as I do not see the point of spending my NP on something with little or no return, once the avatar has been obtained. But, it is a game and everyone should be able to play, if they wish, no matter how many feeds they have. Plus, how cool would it be to "pwn" a master feeder? Talk about "kred". I heard it is easier to feed from 12 am NST to 4 or 5 am NST, but I am usually in the mix starting at 5 pm NST until bedtime, or earlier, if I lose determination. Anyhow, it is nice to see or hear about another TDNer kadding. Hope to see your name out there more. You are trying to go "pink", right? If I happen to "pwn" your feed, may you "pwn" me back. Good luck!

EDIT: Please don't judge and please don't ask how, but I believe I found my kad "I got pwned" theme song. Yes, sad, I know. It is Taylor Swift's "Haunted". Listen to the chorus, think about the kadding process/method, and how you feel after not getting a feed. It (the song) kinda fits...

Absolutely!  I was sooooooo excited when I went to sleep.  It was 2 am for me, so 11pm NST.  So, pretty close to the time you said.  I just hit it right, when the main went.  Plus I had a super Icy Negg in my SDB, and I don't think that is something that most people have on hand.  So it probably helped.  Right after I got my feed, all the kads were fed. 

You and Brianna and IIkotoba all explained it very well.  I understand the exhilaration.  But honestly, now that I got that first feed, that BIG high is gone.  Getting the avatar would be nice, but like you say, once you have the trophy and avatar, you are spending time and nps for something with no return.  I used the example of my playing neoquest although I have the trophies and avatars.  But I still get NPs and REs while playing and I am not taking away from others because I am playing.  Yes, I agree, they SHOULD be able to play no matter how many feeds they have, I just don't see the point.  With neoquest, you still get neopoints, a prize, and tons of RE's.   I can see the fun of being on the board and it being addictive, but these people are there ALL DAY, EVERY MAIN.  They don't miss one.  It is a little ridiculous.  IDK.

I am so excited, I finally got to feed my first Kad.  Every time I tried to feed one, I would see the same names over and over again.  I can understand feeding until you get the avatar, but I don't understand the overfeeding AT ALL!!  Can someone please explain that concept to me and the point of it?  Once you have the gold kad trophy and the avatar, why keep feeding and taking opportunities from others who are trying to get either their FIRST feed, like me, or the avatar? 

I completely agree! I'm working on the gold trophy at the moment and it's so frustrating to not get to feed because of someone who has literally fed 12,000 of them. Conkads on your first feed though! *mew!*

I completely agree! I'm working on the gold trophy at the moment and it's so frustrating to not get to feed because of someone who has literally fed 12,000 of them. Conkads on your first feed though! *mew!*

EXACTLY!!  I mean, I agree with Scoobert that there isn't and shouldn't be a rule on how many you can feed, but there is something called etiquette.  Once you have obtained everything you can get, and there is no return on your investment, enough should be enough.  Maybe overfeeding into the 100's is justified, but thousands upon thousands is just crazy.  You will probably know the person I am talking about.  Her name is USUALLY in the same kad spot.  I have read on the boards that she gets upset if people take "her kad" from her.  Now, I don't follow the board enough to know if it was a joke or for real, but since she is always there in the same spot, I would tend to think it is for real.  She is there all day long, every day, every main.  It is ridiculous.  Needless to say, she has thousands of feeds.  I guess I would like to try for the silver trophy now.  I am still super excited with my 1 feed.  That is ALL I wanted.  I had been trying for MANY MANY months.  So I may enjoy it for a while.

Woot woot! Congratulations! I've never been able to feed them either. I sort of gave up trying, since even when I CAN find one unfed that I can afford, it's usually gone by the time I get the items. At least, that's what I remember. I haven't tried in so long. :/