Cheap foods suddenly more expensive

zvir

Did you also notice that items like Moon Crunch Cereal or Whole Anchovy Pizza, that used to cost less than 10 np, are currently being sold for >1000 np??? This is the case with a lot of used-to-be cheap foods! Why is this?

Did you also notice that items like Moon Crunch Cereal or Whole Anchovy Pizza, that used to cost less than 10 np, are currently being sold for >1000 np??? This is the case with a lot of used-to-be cheap foods! Why is this?

Those 2 particular items are gourmet foods as they've got a rarity of 90 and 95 respectively, so that's why those ones are more expensive. There's a handful of free prize foods that are gourmet foods, so they have a significant resale price even if they're pretty easy to come by. It's The Coincidence that's bumped up the price of a lot of other "junk" items.

Yep, it's not so bad though? I know I accumulate boxes of moon crunch cereal from Battledome prizes, actually any gourmet food that I have is from either BD or Dailies prizes. So far I've never gone short of food for my pets as I get way more than they could eat from the battledome in particular.

It's not just foods....anything with a high rarity is suddenly more expensive--toys, weapons, books, etc.  I suspect it's a result of the charity corners--I think people are realizing that stuff with 90+ rarity was worth a lot more during these events and are stocking up for next time.

I started "Kadding" near the end of last month, around the same time as the Charity Corner event. Both items you listed are foods Kads ask for. I believe the prices have gone up, for a few reasons:

1) People can make/made a lot of money during the Charity Corner event(s). Since it ended, they are looking for more ways to make NP.

2) Everyone can make more NP from Trudy's Surprise daily. Sellers can raise their prices reasonably more and people will buy, as they are making more NP.

3) It seems more people are trying to "Kad". More people Kadding means you can raise your prices reasonably higher and sellers can try to make more NP, to replace Charity Corner.

That just my "two cents" theory, anyhow. I heard of people making millions of NP a day from Charity Corner. I think they are trying to find other constant was of keep the NP coming, and Kadders may be one way.

It's not because they are gourmets.

It's because they are R90+ and people are hoarding them now in anticipation of a future Charity Corner possibly asking for food, BD weapons, etc.

Everything that is R90+ has gone up in price.