The Runway

deboratibi

• 1 month later...

I'd like to apologise for the delay in announcing the winners and the new theme. I had to be out for most of the day today.

The new theme is:

Current theme: Cold as Ice

Description: Customise an Ice pet in any way you want

Entering period: Monday, November 28th - Sunday, December 4th

Voting period: Monday, December 5th - Sunday, December 11th

Have fun, everyone!

What a great round! Congratulations to the winners!

And the new theme is...

Current theme: An Ixi's Holiday

Description: Customise an Ixi (any colour) for the holiday season

Entering period: Monday, December 12th - Sunday, December 18th
Voting period: Monday, December 19th - Sunday, December 25th

I'd like to take a moment to thank all of you who participate, especially the regulars! You guys are the reason the contest keeps going. I try my best to keep it interesting, but remember, if you ever have any suggestions or theme ideas, don't be afraid to share them! Thank you, and Happy Holidays  :santa:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm happy to say that I'll be returning after a few rounds of absence.  :)  I've been playing around with DTI for a bit, so I hope my outfit is good enough for this round.

YES! I can't wait to see your outfit!  :D

• 2 weeks later...

IMPORTANT NOTICE

While I did post the new theme in the Customization News & Updates Forum as usual (here), I forgot to update the main post in this topic which seems to be where most of you check for information on new contests. For this reason, I'm extending the entering period to give you all a fair chance to enter this round. And of course, I'd like to apologise for this mistake! I don't plan on letting this happen again, but I'd just like to let you guys know that I always post The Runway related announcements in the Customization News & Updates Forum, like I mentioned before, and all these posts (along with all other Customization news) can also be read at our Customization database page.

Now, for the current theme!

Current theme: Antagonistic Aishas

Description: Dress up an Aisha (any colour) to make it look evil/antagonistic

Entering period: Monday, January 9th - Sunday, January 15th Extended to: Sunday, January 22nd
Voting period: Monday, January 23rd - Sunday, January 29th

Update regarding the extension:

Since I've posted the notice above, I've received quite a lot of entries. There are a total of 19 entrants so far, which is about the average I can expect in any given round, therefore I believe there won't be that many more entrants in the following week (also, the limit for each round is 27 entries - not an arbitrary number by the way, it's just how the poll options work). So I'm thinking perhaps the extension won't be necessary after all, but I don't want to be unfair. What do you guys think? Should the voting begin right away, this Monday (January 16th) or should we maintain the extension and wait until January 23rd?

Edit 01/16: No one has manifested their opinion, but I've decided to not maintain the extension. I haven't received any more entries since making this post and we already have more than enough to start the voting today. An extra week could result in zero new entries and that would only slow things down. If anyone's unhappy with this decision, feel free to write me a pm.

• 2 weeks later...

It has come to my attention that there isn't such a large variety of items with the name "Shenkuu" in them, which is making things a bit difficult some of you and also resulting in somewhat similar entries (New Years in Shenkuu Background and Nightmare Shenkuu Dress are being used a lot). There actually are quite a lot of Shenkuu themed items, but the trick is that you have to look for other terms. A lot of you already know this, but I've decided to make a list with some suggested items for those of you who may be struggling with this: http://impress.openneo.net/user/32355-The-Runway/closet

I have a few updates for you guys:

• First of all, we have new banner images! As usual, these are free for anyone to use on their signature or profile. The old ones have been retired, meaning they will no longer be displayed on the main post, but their URLs will continue to work in case anyone still wants to use them.

runwayban_01.png  runwayban_02.png

runwayban_03.png  runwayban_04.png

• The forums upgrade now allows us to lock the polls without locking the whole topic, so from now on, the voting topic will remain open until a week after the voting has ended. This way you can openly discuss the theme/entries, since all the entrants and winners will have been revealed. We've never had problems with The Runway participants being disrespectful to each other, so I'd like to remind everyone to keep it that way!
  • The winning entry image (that can be seen on The Daily Neopets' main site sidebar) now links to the "Announcing The Runway Winners" post. I believe that this way it will be easier for people (especially those who aren't forum members) to see all the winners.

And of course, we have a new theme:

CURRENT THEME DETAILS (ROUND #34)
Current theme: Totally Tonu
Description: Dress up a Tonu 
(any colour except UCs) in any way you want!
Entering period: Monday, February 20th - Sunday, February 26th
Voting period: Monday, February 27th - Sunday, March 5th

OH my GOSH @ ShadowStarEmpress  I ADORE your entry! Labyrinth is my favorite movie, and there was a time that I could recite the whole movie from memory. (I haven't tried in a while, heh.)

I'd just like to let everyone know that the winners have been announced (for some reason I am unable to edit the actual voting topic right now, but I will keep trying), as well as the new contest theme!

Current theme: Neggstravaganza
Description: Create an Easter look for any pet using at least 1 Negg item (see a list here)
Entering period: Monday, April 3rd - Sunday, April 9th
Voting period: Monday, April 10th - Sunday, April 16th

I'd also like to bring attention to something important, that I regrettably must admit I've been overlooking for the past several contests:
                                       participants are not allowed to vote for their own entries.
Doing so will result in disqualification. This is something I always checked and since it never happened, I (wrongly) assumed it was unlikely to happen in the future so I became somewhat complacent in regards to this. I'd like to apologise to you all, but I also want to assure you that this rule will be reinforced from now on. I will also try to make this rule clearer on the main post and on the voting topics, because I want to give the benefit of the doubt and think this most likely happened due to mistakes or misunderstandings rather than ill-intentions. So please, don't vote for yourself and always double-check your votes before you submit them, because you can't edit your votes anymore (like on the old forums).

Remember to read and follow all the rules, and if anything is unclear, please let me know!

• 2 weeks later...

I meant to post a reminder a lot earlier, but anyway, here's your last call to enter The Runway's 42nd round!

Current theme: Transformation
Description: Create TWO outfits depicting a transformation: one should be a "before" and the other an "after". You can change the pet's colour from one outfit to the other, but not the species (even though it's a transformation, there should be some sort of consistency). If you have any questions about this, don't hesitate to send me a PM!
Entering period: Monday, July 3rd - Sunday, July 16th
Voting period: Monday, July 17th - Sunday, July 30th

Thanks for the reminder, I have a 99% complete entry, lol.

I should try and get it to you today so you can tell me if I've done things completely wrong and need to change it all. :ph34r::laugh:

*pokes brain* come on, Deb is waiting!

(I typed Bed is waiting there instead of Deb...that's surely not a very good sign! xD)

14 hours ago, jellysundae said:

(I typed Bed is waiting there instead of Deb...that's surely not a very good sign! xD)

ROFL that was pretty hilarious! xD

71b837d0f48f7191e508666e76def5d1--pillow
this is me, waiting

(Thanks for sending in your entry!)

10 hours ago, deboratibi said:

ROFL that was pretty hilarious! xD

71b837d0f48f7191e508666e76def5d1--pillow
this is me, waiting

(Thanks for sending in your entry!)

Well you look nice and comfy at least? :laughingsmiley:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! The winners of round #42 were announced today, and the new theme is:

Current theme: NeoAvatars
Description: Create an outfit using any avatar as inspiration. Let me know which avatar you picked! If you have any questions about this, don't hesitate to send me a PM.
Entering period: Monday, July 31st - Sunday, August 13th
Voting period: Monday, August 14th - Sunday, August 27th

I'm hoping this one isn't confusing, but of course, I'm always open to answering questions if you have them! But also, I just remembered that someone made a suggestion, and I'd like to know what you guys think: whenever I announce a new theme, I post an outfit as an example of that theme. I think that could be helpful, but at the same time I worry that I'd be influencing people into a certain "standard", and I do like it when you guys think outside the box. I don't know. I'd like to hear some opinions!

I'm glad it came back before I even saw this! lol

Edit: Reposting from previous page so people don't miss it:

Current theme: NeoAvatars
Description: Create an outfit using any avatar as inspiration. Let me know which avatar you picked! If you have any questions about this, don't hesitate to send me a PM.
Entering period: Monday, July 31st - Sunday, August 13th
Voting period: Monday, August 14th - Sunday, August 27th

I'm hoping this one isn't confusing, but of course, I'm always open to answering questions if you have them! But also, I just remembered that someone made a suggestion, and I'd like to know what you guys think: whenever I announce a new theme, I post an outfit as an example of that theme. I think that could be helpful, but at the same time I worry that I'd be influencing people into a certain "standard", and I do like it when you guys think outside the box. I don't know. I'd like to hear some opinions!