The Runway

deboratibi

7 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

I guess maybe their alternate url is down.  It's impress.openneo.net, not .com.  But .com used to work too, I think.  .com still doesn't work, but the link from neo, which goes to the .net, does.

Huh, thanks for letting me know, I had no idea I'd apparently been using an alternate url all this time!

Apparently I was too, because when I used my url bar, I got the same broken page.  It was only when I was like ooooh, if that's linking from neo, there are all kinds of disastrous things that could happen, and went through there, and saw it up, and then went to check on it again through url, and then again through neo, that I figured it out.

Hmm, interesting, I see it's .net that I use.

And the new round is super-intriguing! I REALLY like this idea, Deb!

Now then! *pokes brain* Don't be letting me down here, you lump of grey matter, I wanna do this round!

My brain behaved itself after me poking it anyway, LOL. Entry submitted already! I'm totally impressed with myself for getting one in this quickly. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to seeing them too! And because there's so many avatars to choose from, this is a round that can come around again I'd have thought. :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2017 at 0:19 PM, jellysundae said:

I'm looking forward to seeing them too! And because there's so many avatars to choose from, this is a round that can come around again I'd have thought. :D

congrats @jellysundae for winning first place :) 

it was a very well done customization .. right on point :) 

7 hours ago, Angeló said:

congrats @jellysundae for winning first place :) 

it was a very well done customization .. right on point :) 

THANK YOU!!! :D

OMG I'm surprised you didn't hear me just now when I opened up the Dailies page and there was my entry looking at me! LOL!

There was a fair amount of :dance::lmaosmiley::happydance: going on. xD

Yay! Congrats, Jelly! :laughingsmiley:

I wanted to bring attention to something I posted before, but didn't get any feedback on:

On 31/07/2017 at 4:39 PM, deboratibi said:

I just remembered that someone made a suggestion, and I'd like to know what you guys think: whenever I announce a new theme, I post an outfit as an example of that theme. I think that could be helpful, but at the same time I worry that I'd be influencing people into a certain "standard", and I do like it when you guys think outside the box. I don't know. I'd like to hear some opinions!

If I don't hear any opinions again, I'll just assume you guys don't like the idea, but I figured I'd give it another chance before scrapping the idea completely. 

Also, don't forget that the current theme is:

Current theme: Dress on a Dime
Description: Dress up any pet using only buyable Neopoint items. This means no Neocash items and/or Neopoint items that cost over 100,000. For a list of NP items that are NOT allowed, click here. Note: Paintbrush items are allowed. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM!
Entering period: Monday, August 28th - Sunday, September 10th
Voting period: Monday, September 11th - Sunday, September 24th

Thank you Deb!! :3

With regard to the example thing, hmm...I think I'd be afraid of an example influencing people's choices too much, like stifling their own imagination, maybe. You're right that it could be helpful, but I think it is only could, tough call really! Will be interesting to see what other think.

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Thank you Deb!! :3

With regard to the example thing, hmm...I think I'd be afraid of an example influencing people's choices too much, like stifling their own imagination, maybe. You're right that it could be helpful, but I think it is only could, tough call really! Will be interesting to see what other think.

That's exactly what worries me about the idea example. I guess what I should really ask first is, how many of (and how often are) you guys confused about the themes. I notice there is some confusion from time to time, but I wonder if people are confused more often than it seems. Some people PM me questions when they're confused about something, but perhaps others stay quiet and decide not to participate in a particular round because they don't want to ask? I hope not, but I don't know. Maybe I should do a poll, lol. I've actually thought of doing a mini-survey to get some general feedback on the contest a few times, but wasn't sure how to do it without complicating things too much.

Anyway, I just thought that if the example idea were implemented, I'd probably put the example behind spoiler tags. That way people wouldn't *have* to see it, only if they really wanted to. But first I need to find out if the majority thinks this would be beneficial or not :D So guys, let me know! If anyone would rather tell me via PM, feel free to do so.

Do you think it might be worth leaving round threads unlocked so people can ask questions about that particular round? Or just discuss it amongst ourselves even?

I know you said before that they were locked to cut down on the number of threads, but if the thread's already in existence it seems kind of a moot point, and people never do continue the conversation in the main thread, lol. I've often wished to talk about the current round, but with the thread being locked it feels like there isn't really anywhere to do that as people rarely use this thread.

If questions were clarified in public it'd give everyone the answer, which would be helpful to all of us, you included. :3

I'd definitely being asking questions sometimes, when my brain's being particularly recalcitrant! It might enable me to enter more often, rather than just giving up when the cortex's being all :hmmph:lol.

43 minutes ago, Angeló said:

yeah i dont like the idea of poasting an example outfit as well :) 

ill try my best to enter this month ... but i'm just too un-inspired

I haven't found any inspiration yet either, maybe we should try and inspire each other.

*wonders how to do that*

lol :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Do you think it might be worth leaving round threads unlocked so people can ask questions about that particular round? Or just discuss it amongst ourselves even?

I know you said before that they were locked to cut down on the number of threads, but if the thread's already in existence it seems kind of a moot point, and people never do continue the conversation in the main thread, lol. I've often wished to talk about the current round, but with the thread being locked it feels like there isn't really anywhere to do that as people rarely use this thread.

If questions were clarified in public it'd give everyone the answer, which would be helpful to all of us, you included. :3

I'd definitely being asking questions sometimes, when my brain's being particularly recalcitrant! It might enable me to enter more often, rather than just giving up when the cortex's being all :hmmph:lol.

The reason for that wasn't to cut down on the number of threads per se, but on the number of active threads. For instance, I'm afraid that if I don't lock "The Runway Votes #43" before starting "The Runway Votes #44", people could still be discussing round 43 while round 44 is going on, which might make some people not realise there's a new round, because "The Runway Votes #43" will keep showing up as the most recent post on the main forum page. But then again, I do post about the new round in other places (TDN's main page sidebar, my signature, etc.), so maybe it's not that big of a deal. And I do notice that people never continue the discussion here, which is a shame. So I'll try not locking the next few voting topics and see how it goes! 

This doesn't help with the question thing though, because people usually have questions during the entering period, and I only put the topic up when the voting period starts. Technically, people can ask questions publicly on *this* topic, but this one is often neglected for some reason cry.gif lol

7 hours ago, deboratibi said:

And I do notice that people never continue the discussion here, which is a shame. So I'll try not locking the next few voting topics and see how it goes! 

How about leaving the Enter the Runway #_  threads unlocked instead? I think I might be confusing myself here :ph34r: but hey, nothing new there! :lmaosmiley: But that's the one I'd want to be asking questions about the current round in.

I can definitely see how leaving the last voting topic open for people to ask questions about the current round in might cause cause confusion, you're right there. But it might work ok with the entry threads? It could be locked when you announced the winner of that round so there'd not be overlap.

But I'm definitely confusing myself now so I'll just shut up. >_<

10 hours ago, jellysundae said:

How about leaving the Enter the Runway #_  threads unlocked instead? I think I might be confusing myself here :ph34r: but hey, nothing new there! :lmaosmiley: But that's the one I'd want to be asking questions about the current round in.

I can definitely see how leaving the last voting topic open for people to ask questions about the current round in might cause cause confusion, you're right there. But it might work ok with the entry threads? It could be locked when you announced the winner of that round so there'd not be overlap.

But I'm definitely confusing myself now so I'll just shut up. >_<

OOOH, so that's what you meant! That makes a lot more sense. The reason I lock those is because they're posted in the Customization News & Updates forum. But if more people feel like keeping those unlocked would be beneficial, I will definitely see what I can do!

11 hours ago, deboratibi said:

OOOH, so that's what you meant! That makes a lot more sense. The reason I lock those is because they're posted in the Customization News & Updates forum. But if more people feel like keeping those unlocked would be beneficial, I will definitely see what I can do!

I made sense?! :bigeyed: xD

Is that forum not so much for conversation then? More just read and go away again?

On 9/3/2017 at 3:59 PM, deboratibi said:

Why DO you post those in the Customization News & Updates forum instead of the Runway forum?  That has always confused me.  Would it make more sense to post the announcement post in the Runway forum and then leave it unlocked for replies?

My  guess is it's because it literally is customisation news as it's the announcement of a new round.

Could work to post that thread in the Runway forum instead, I'd like that myself because it took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out that the round description was in a different subforum, and I'd spend time every round hunting for it and thinking I'd gone insane. :blush02: But that's me and I'm special :rolleyes:

The entry thread could be locked once the voting thread was posted, so they'd stay together neatly on the forum listing.

Are we being any kind of help here, Deb?  >_<

The news forums was used for the contest to draw attention to it on the Custo site, but since it's no longer being used, all Runway threads can be posted in the Runway forum if that would make it easier. Discussion is allowed in the news threads, but it was decided that we wanted to keep the Runway discussion limited to one area, this forum. With recent changes to our site and from your feedback, the way things have been done can be adjusted.

As @deboratibi is the lady running the contest and knows what you all want, I'll leave that in her capable hands. I just wanted to pop in and let you know why things were being done this way.

Interesting info @Mouseykins thanks for explaining :D

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts seven words or more.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

@Angeló I've had some inspiration! Have you? Mine has me going off on a tangent as usual :laughingsmiley:

@acorah Thank you! I only just saw your post in here, oops. >_<