The Runway

deboratibi

On 9/5/2017 at 11:11 PM, jellysundae said:

@Angeló I've had some inspiration! Have you? Mine has me going off on a tangent as usual

i submitted a couple days ago ... but i'm not very confident about it :(

19 minutes ago, Angeló said:

i submitted a couple days ago ... but i'm not very confident about it :(

Don't get pouty mister, my entries seem to generally underwhelm just about everybody, lol.  My win for the last round was most definitely not true to form. :laughingsmiley: I still enjoy the entering process though. :3

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Don't get pouty mister, my entries seem to generally underwhelm just about everybody, lol.  My win for the last round was most definitely not true to form. :laughingsmiley: I still enjoy the entering process though. :3

I know that feeling! :laughingsmiley: The few times my entries did well, I was always surprised - I'm horrible at trying to predict what others will like. Or, perhaps more accurately, I like different kinds of entries: my favourite ones (both my own and others') often tend to end up scoring quite badly. XD
(Also, this thread reminded me that I haven't actually entered this round yet. Eek.)

40 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I know that feeling! :laughingsmiley: The few times my entries did well, I was always surprised - I'm horrible at trying to predict what others will like. Or, perhaps more accurately, I like different kinds of entries: my favourite ones (both my own and others') often tend to end up scoring quite badly. XD
(Also, this thread reminded me that I haven't actually entered this round yet. Eek.)

This!

I'm always happy to get any votes, because I like the idea that my entry has given another person a reason to smile or even laugh, but I don't ever enter solely in the hope of getting votes, they're an added bonus as far as I'm concerned. I really like it when I see other people's entries that I enjoy, so I hope I manage to do the same for others. :3

I'm mainly just super happy if I manage to come up with an entry, because my brain issues make this kind of creativity hard. Deb's basically like some kind of mental torturer to me some rounds. :laughingsmiley:

rednose.gif Important question about the current voting topic (round #44):

Is anyone having trouble casting votes there? I've had someone tell me they are getting an error, and since only 5 people have voted so far, I'm wondering if other people are having the same problem. If so, please let me know!!!

3 hours ago, deboratibi said:

Is anyone having trouble casting votes there? I've had someone tell me they are getting an error, and since only 5 people have voted so far, I'm wondering if other people are having the same problem. If so, please let me know!!!

I was able to vote without any problems. So many good entries this round! :D

On 9/13/2017 at 3:30 PM, deboratibi said:

I keep getting an error when I go to the topic so I can't vote :(

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone! There's something about the contest I would like to discuss: I guess most of you probably never noticed this, but at the end of a voting round, if there are ties between entries, I will cast my own votes to break these ties. Some ties can't be avoided, but I always try to at least reduce the number of ties as much as possible. The reason I do this is because I personally think this makes things more interesting. However, I just sort of automatically made this decision and never put it up for discussion. So now I would like to know how you guys feel about this. Do you think it's unfair, and that I should abstain from voting? Please don't be afraid to be honest. Also, let me know what you think about ties in general. Do you think that if there are 2 people in first place and 3 people in second, for example, we should just let it be, or should we have a tie-breaking round?

Interesting, because I think my POV is totally different to yours!

I like it when there's ties, because ties = more people getting to win! :D

Though some kind of Ultimate Runway Winner show-down between tie-breakers certainly has its appeal, but how would you work that into the current set up?

I don't think it's unfair you casting a deciding vote; it's your contest so why wouldn't you be able to do that.*shrugs*

I'm more wondering why you don't just vote normally? Do you feel that you shouldn't because of impropriety reasons?

I did notice (although I was under the impression that you pretty much always voted, but perhaps we just pretty much always have at least one tie :wink: ), and I don't see anything wrong with that. I'm kinda ambivalent towards ties though. I don't really mind them, but I wouldn't mind a tie-breaking round either. Actually, now that you've mentioned it, I think it might actually be a lot of fun to have a tie-breaking round. :D

I think that a while back I used to vote just because I wanted to, but at some point I decided to only vote for the purpose of tie-breaking (yeah, it happens quite often). And no, no, no, this isn't my contest! This is TDN's contest and I'm here to run it and make sure that you guys are pleased with it. :D

I suppose ties aren't really an issue then, unless it's first place - that complicates things a bit, considering that the winner gets to be displayed on the main site. Displaying more than entry there would look a bit messy. So maybe we can have a tie-breaking round in the case of a tie between first place, but not when it's just second and/or third. That is a good question though, how would I make it work in the current set up... I'll have to think of something. Unless the majority is okay with me voting, and not having a tie-breaking round. I might have to make a poll, since I'm not sure how many people will actually see this post.

1 hour ago, deboratibi said:

That is a good question though, how would I make it work in the current set up...

DEATH. MATCH.

That's a helpful contribution to this discussion, right?! :lmaosmiley:

@deboratibi I have a theme suggestion for you that I hope you like. :D

Simplistic: Neopoint only with a pet wearing paint brush clothing and a backround with cross-paints allowed.

I think there will be some beautiful entries with this one! :D

On 09/11/2017 at 1:02 PM, deboratibi said:

I think that a while back I used to vote just because I wanted to, but at some point I decided to only vote for the purpose of tie-breaking (yeah, it happens quite often). And no, no, no, this isn't my contest! This is TDN's contest and I'm here to run it and make sure that you guys are pleased with it. :D

I suppose ties aren't really an issue then, unless it's first place - that complicates things a bit, considering that the winner gets to be displayed on the main site. Displaying more than entry there would look a bit messy. So maybe we can have a tie-breaking round in the case of a tie between first place, but not when it's just second and/or third. That is a good question though, how would I make it work in the current set up... I'll have to think of something. Unless the majority is okay with me voting, and not having a tie-breaking round. I might have to make a poll, since I'm not sure how many people will actually see this post.

I personally am fine with you casting tie-breaking votes. 

(Pssstt, you should probably also update the round # on the first page of this thread) :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to apologise for not replying to everyone's individual entry messages as I usually do, but rest assured, I've read them and now all entries are up and ready to be voted for HERE!

This has to be one of my favourite rounds yet! I'm so impressed with everyone's entries :biggrin:

On 11/27/2017 at 8:09 PM, deboratibi said:

I wanted to apologise for not replying to everyone's individual entry messages as I usually do, but rest assured, I've read them and now all entries are up and ready to be voted for HERE!

This has to be one of my favourite rounds yet! I'm so impressed with everyone's entries :biggrin:

Thank you! ^_^ I can't wait to vote! These look like some pretty fun entries! 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very new to the site but have seen a few of the runway winners, I just submitted my entry to deboratibi for runway 51. -squeaks- it took me hours to get it set up, I hope people will like it since I tried to get the character and the story piece just right. I even made an outfit for the supporting character in the story to which was fun.

• 4 weeks later...

:exclamation: Very Important Notice: The Runway Round #53 will NOT be starting this week as expected, due to personal matters. I cannot say for sure when the contest will be back - it could be next week or the one after that. I will let you all know about any changes. I apologise for the inconvenience, but I hope you understand. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, preposter_ said:

I sure hope everything is OK

My husband passed away 2 days before Christmas and I've had a very surreal January so far. I was glad I was able to vote on his entry a couple of rounds ago, as it was his last entry.

Take your time getting back to us.

Oh no, that's awful, I'm so sorry for your loss! :sad: