Paintbrush Clothes

WeyrCat

I found a Christmas Zafara in the pound (wee!) but when I adopted her I couldn't find her wings anywhere, or her halo. I guess I expected them to come attached or drop into my inventory or closet or something. Apparently you can pound them without their paintbrush clothes. Apparently, they're also not saleable! Is there anyway to get wings back on her without repainting her?

I think you can get them by trading her to someone who has the Christmas Zafara clothes in their closet, then getting the person to transfer the Zafara back, as the clothes stay on her when transferred (unless it's been changed and I'm unaware).

The same thing happened with me a while back with a Desert Buzz

I would check out this page :) I was able to get clothes through pet transfer from a kind neopian

http://www.neopets.com/~extrapbclothes

Ah! I would have thought they'd have made some sort of programming exception for painted pets. Can non-Christmas pets where Christmas clothes? Bah, it's probably not a mechanism, just some mistake. 

Thanks for the Clothing exchange link! 

Ah! I would have thought they'd have made some sort of programming exception for painted pets. Can non-Christmas pets where Christmas clothes? Bah, it's probably not a mechanism, just some mistake. 

Thanks for the Clothing exchange link! 

Ya, you can put Christmas clothes on non-Christmas pets. This applies to any pet that has paintbrush clothes, and a pet of one colour wearing the paintbrush clothes of another colour is usually referred to as a cross-paint. :D

Some crosspaints are really pretty, like Plushie/Royalgirl Kacheek, or Water/Desert Draik.^_^

• 11 months later...

I recently got a Stealth pet from the lab ray. She's wearing a bunch of clothes (cape, shoes, necklace) that normally would appear if you painted her; however, I only zapped her.  Am I able to remove and keep these  clothes if I repaint her/re-zap her?  

Yep they'll just automatically go into your closet if you don't remove them when zapping. :)